~~chit-chatting in November~~ - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 102 Old 11-13-2005, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma
KRS- I hope things are fine! If a doppler check would reassure you, go for it! Sounds like you have some good signs though, like the sensitivity while nursing. Speaking of nursing, ds just climbed into my lap for na-nas. LOL

Well, I finally am feeling more like I'm in the second trimester. I feel occasional flutters, but not nearly enough to satisfy me. LOL I don't hardly feel pregnant, except if I wear regular jeans they have to roll under my belly. I swear my uterus had a growth spurt last night, I was having so much ligament pain yesterday evening and I wore my jeans from yesterday again today and they were fitting differently! :LOL Gotta love it.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! Monday here we come...
KRS: Hope everything is okay!

A stupid question: when does the second trimester "officially" begin. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and was going to breathe a sigh of relief...but it occurs to me that it's probably the END of this week (i.e., @week 13) that the second trimester really begins. Lordy...if being a mom this nerve-wracking already--I can't imagine what it's like when you actually have a whole person to worry about!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 102 Old 11-14-2005, 01:00 AM

Hi all! Just checking in!

I believe 2nd Trimester begins at 13 and 1/3 wks! So you're just about there! I'll be there on Tuesday! Wow - first trimester went fast!

My two little people are sick! Cold, sore throat, fever, vomitting.... But inbetween all that they run around the house and act crazy as usual! I'm sure they'll be back to normal really soon.

I'm feeling good nothing new to report.

Keeping my eyes out for new fetal development links... There was one I found somewhere on this MDC forum I think from university of maryland medical center but I've googled and searched for it but cant find it. It was neat because it showed your growing baby in uterus in a body so you could judge about how much you might be showing... just a bit different from others I've seen. If I can find it I'll try to post it but so far no luck - anybody else know the one I'm talking about?

Hope all's well with you ladies!
#93 of 102 Old 11-14-2005, 01:36 AM

There's pictures in the BabyCenter book that shows the same woman through her pregnancy. It's kinda neat, but she's so skinny to begin with that it looks nothing like I did, even my first pregnancy.

I think when your 2nd trimester begins depends on who you ask... I kinda thought 12 weeks since that's when your m/c risk goes down, I've heard a lot of people say 13 weeks and the BC book that I mentioned above says 2nd trimester, weeks 14-27.

PS- I checked the BC book out at the library and I'm kinda surprised at how it caters to the more natural crowd. It's not as "mainstream" as I expected!
#94 of 102 Old 11-14-2005, 12:10 PM

Well I have heard three different trimester dates from three different sources. The pregnancy.org calendar puts me in 2nd trimester this wednesday at 14.5 weeks. Babycenter sent me a 2nd trimester update at thirteen weeks. And of course, some book put it at 12 weeks. I don't know...I just felt happy to have come as far as I had at the time. I just don't believe that there is such a magical date to pass that means "worry now/no need to worry now". I think that the difference is that some go by LMP and others gestation.
#95 of 102 Old 11-14-2005, 02:29 PM

I think it's all ok.I SO hope I don't jinx myself with this post.After 3 nights of bleeding,it's still brown,and I only bleed at night.I'm expecting it to clear up soon.I also had a few people say it's normal for some women to spot after a few kids...Dh has a theory that we conceived later in the month,and this is just old extra stuff.I am feeling tons better today-I even had a shower AND washed my hair!WOOOHOOO!!!I haven't felt any more movement,but I feel bigger.I think it's safe to say we are in the 2nd trimester and doing good

:::
#96 of 102 Old 11-14-2005, 02:43 PM

: KRS (BTW, I have some accupressure points that are supposed to help with spotting... the best one -- used with great sucess by a friend -- is on the top of your head, in line with the front of your ears -- trace a line from the front of your ears to the top of your head, then press gently. It should feel slightly sensitive when you press on it, which is how you know you've found the right spot. Do it before you go to bed and see if it helps.)

I am feeling so much better this week -- we went to Toronto this weekend (my DH had a conference) and I had a few moments of overwhelming hunger/ tiny bits of nausea, but I only ever threw up about a tablespoon of water, so that was GREAT! The m/s seems to be ebbing!!!! I was, however, completely exhausted by traveling and seeing all our friends...

Also interesting is that I think my abdomen is growing larger by the minute! It is almost freaky... but I definitely already look pregnant (at 13 weeks, 4 days). In fact, I look very pregnant. What fun! As far as I can tell, though, my fundus is where it is supposed to be.

Tip of the day: pregnant women should NOT play monopoly (OK, maybe that's just me! But sheesh, you'd think it was the end of the world that I lost! I'm normally not a gracious loser, but I went into serious overdrive on the bitchiness... and sadly, it was all directed at my DH who won )

Belly Blessings!
#97 of 102 Old 11-14-2005, 02:54 PM

alexisyael-thanks for the tip I think it's games in general,cause I was playing scrabble with my Mom and sister last night,and got an awesome word-quasar-with the q on a double letter box=20 points!-and I was so thrilled,I almost got teary!

:::
#98 of 102 Old 11-14-2005, 02:59 PM

So...we told the ILs that they could start telling their friends this week, b/c I'm 12 weeks. That seems "safe", right? (I know there are no guarantees for when things go wrong, but I'm officially our of the high-risk category, no?).

Hmmm...there should be lots of board game playing at my family's Thanksgiving. I'll approach with caution.

KRS, glad you're feeling better.

I'm feeling pretty good. I have a little poochy tummy, so I'm wearing Gap "Barely Showing" jeans. I'm also sucking down citrus fruit like a maniac--it's funny, b/c I know I get plenty of vit C in my diet. My mom said the only thing she craved in all 4 of her pregnancies was pineapple juice--so perhaps there's some genetic craving for vitamin C??? Have my second pre-natal next Tuesday and I am dying to hear the .
#99 of 102 Old 11-14-2005, 03:07 PM

Just checking in. I am so flipping stressed I want to cry!!! I am ready to put all my children on the curb for curb side pick up and send DH to WHEREVER!! I am not getting a break and I have to FORGET I am pg because I have so much to do. Except the throwing up has to remind me. I need a break so badly..................

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#100 of 102 Old 11-14-2005, 04:42 PM

zonapellucida
#101 of 102 Old 11-14-2005, 05:27 PM

Aw hugs zona. A day like that is pretty rough, I hope you can get a break sometime soon.
#102 of 102 Old 11-14-2005, 05:57 PM

KRS- Glad to hear that you think all is well.
Zona- I feel like that too sometimes, and it is no fun at all. I hope your dh or someone else can watch the kids for a bit, so you can have a little break.

It's so weird this time with the showing. Last time my lower abdomen popped out really early. This time I'm slowly growing outward, but really just looking fat. My uterus is only about .5-1" below my belly button, but now I think I understand what people mean by thickening. YUCK! I much preferred to pop early. I figure I can't have too much longer before I pop out. Thursday will make 15 weeks for me.

I hope nobody minds, but I'm going to start a new chit chat thread now. I really have a hard time keeping up after we get off the first 5 pages. Sorry, if I offend anyone.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page