Mothering Forum banner

Pain behind my belly button after lots of bending. Am I alone?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tomtemama 
#1 ·
Hey Mamas,

I have been experiencing a sharpish pain right behind my belly button when I do a lot of bending (like cleaning the kitchen and gardening) for about 2 months now. It gets better as soon as I sit down, rest and relax. Has anyone else experienced this?

#3 ·
I helped out with a charity auction last weekend and my entire abdomen from my ribs to my public bone was sore (especially around my belly button). I think this is normal. It went away as soon as I was able to stretch out on the bed. Those muscles are doing a ton of work on their own... when we add to it, things just get painful
I think the previous poster is right about squatting. I'm just not good at remembering to do it.

#4 ·
I think I agree with both of you (thank you for posting) squatting is the way to go and really I think I should be doing it all the time, not just when I'm pg. Soon we won't really have a choice anyway so may as well try to get used it now.

NurseLaurie: I never even considered that it could be related to my stomach muscles but I guess that they must still have attachment points throughout my abdomen even if they aren't where they are supposed to be normally (mine have already spread out quite a bit).

Thanks again to both of you for posting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.