Mothering Forum banner

Boy Name Help

530 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  alexisyael 
#1 ·
Ahh!!!..Time is getting away fast and we still haven't settled on a boy's name..

We sort of like..

Beck
Judah
or Mike D...(Ds#1 is Adrock)..

Any other unique suggestions or opinions on what we do have??

Thanks Mamas!!!!!

See less See more
#10 ·
Judah does sound like a hot guy... that's my fave of the three.

I like the idea of going all Beastie and naming the baby Mike D, BUT, Mike is a very common name, and I don't like common names. (My DH is a Mike and he agrees.)

Beck... well, I just found out Beck's a Scientologist, so I'd have issues with naming a kid after him. But that is just me and my prejudices (no offense to any Scientologist mamas out there, but I had a friend who was a Scientologist and it was a problematic friendship, to say the least).

We're considering the middle name Zappa (after Frank Zappa and b/c it sounds a lot like "Zappatista").

And I'm still trying to convince my DH that River is a good first name for a boy, but he's not having it... guess I should probably never have mentioned how in love I was with River Pheonix when I was growing up, eh?

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexisyael
Beck... well, I just found out Beck's a Scientologist, so I'd have issues with naming a kid after him. But that is just me and my prejudices (no offense to any Scientologist mamas out there, but I had a friend who was a Scientologist and it was a problematic friendship, to say the least).

Ew, Becks a scientologist?! That sucks. (no offense to anyone)

[/QUOTE]And I'm still trying to convince my DH that River is a good first name for a boy, but he's not having it... guess I should probably never have mentioned how in love I was with River Pheonix when I was growing up, eh?
[/QUOTE]

ME TOO!!
Well, I was thinking about using River for a mn (still might).
ahhhhh, stand by me

#12 ·
Yeah, I just found out. Apparently, he kept it really well hidden. (He claimed to have been Jewish... and I guess one of his parents was, but he was actually raised as a Scientologist, and married a very high up in the ranks Scientologist's daughter.)

We're sort of stuck on using the "R" name as a first name (in honor of my DH's late uncle). Sigh. I don't think this baby will ever get a name, sometimes!

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexisyael
Judah does sound like a hot guy... that's my fave of the three.

I like the idea of going all Beastie and naming the baby Mike D, BUT, Mike is a very common name, and I don't like common names. (My DH is a Mike and he agrees.)

We're considering the middle name Zappa (after Frank Zappa and b/c it sounds a lot like "Zappatista").

And I'm still trying to convince my DH that River is a good first name for a boy, but he's not having it... guess I should probably never have mentioned how in love I was with River Pheonix when I was growing up, eh?

Yeah..We know Mike sounds to common...Something we don't really like either..

We would spell it Myke D. and always use the D although I guess most people will just call him Mike..

I don't know..We really like tryingt to use all the BB...We are saving MCA in case #3 is a girl...and if we don't ever have #3 and we did end up using Myke D..we would get a dog to finish off the bunch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.