Running out of shirts that fit? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 04-06-2006, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
I HATE buying maternity clothes, and pretty much everything from my 1st pg is too small already. Thought you might be interested that Old Navy has a sale on their perfect fit t's, 2 for $10. I went up a couple of sizes, and they stretch nicely over my belly. I'd like to go back and buy a bunch more in different sizes for when after baby comes.
#2 of 21 Old 04-06-2006, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Another product that I wish I had invested while preggers (I just bought it now, 4mos. pp) is the belly hugger- my belly was always hanging out even from mat. tops, and still does while nursing- i just got it this week and is great!

http://justbehinds.com/catalog.php?i...Fcategory%3D47

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#3 of 21 Old 04-06-2006, 06:20 PM

My belly is kinda too big for most of my pg shirts now but I still have some. I would go buy some new ones but I figure it would be a waste since I have like, a month left. I just wear big t-shirts and some of dh's shirts w/ pj pants and stretch pants around the house. When I go out places is when I actually wear my pg clothes so it's not like I have to wear them everyday.
#4 of 21 Old 04-06-2006, 06:23 PM

I've started just letting part of my belly hang out, since it's getting warmer around here anyway and I really don't care what other people think!

In fact, I feel happiest when I can let my entire belly hang out, but I need some more half tops -- the ones I have now are a little too heavy to wear in this heat or else they don't fit.
#5 of 21 Old 04-06-2006, 08:51 PM

i'm so irritated that my pg clothes don't fit (at least most of them). they seemed so huge just a few months ago! and i like my pg clothes to fit nice and loosely--anything that touches my skin is too tight
so i just bought a couple things at a consignment shop, at least i have one pair of comfortable pants and a few comfy shirts....i can't wait to start loosing some of this extra weight!

Mama to Butterfly, B(ee), Bug, and Laniecakes

#6 of 21 Old 04-06-2006, 10:45 PM

If I had known how hard it would be to get into maternity clothes at the end, I would have lost another 15 pounds so I could start smaller. At 10 weeks, the XL at most places was too small (thank goodness for Target and their tees!) and now I'm wearing the same 4 skirts and assorted layers of tops to keep me all covered. I don't want to buy more because there just isn't much time, but it is such a PITA!

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#7 of 21 Old 04-06-2006, 11:59 PM

The one solitary peice of maternity clothes that ever fit right was a pair of black stretch velvet pants MIL got me at Christmas. My jeans are too tight...way too tight. And they fall down constantly. Like wrapping an elastic band around a beachball. Everything is too short. The shirts are too short either in the belly or in the sleeves or both. The shoulders are too narrow. Today I'm wearing a thrift store shirt that fits great except the sleeves are a good four inches too short.

I wish I could figure out the solution, if there is one.
#8 of 21 Old 04-07-2006, 12:03 AM

Shirts aren't quite a problem yet, but pants are. I have ONE pair. One. Some size L/short full panel jeans from Old Navy. I prefer the full panel because the under the belly are just too tight for me b/c I'm short waisted and the baby actually hangs lower than my pubic bone. I'm so glad it's getting warmer so I can wear some of my spandex skirts (they're actually not even maternity), but it's not that warm yet and I wants some pants! I had such a cute wardrobe last pg but my hips were narrower and it was summer so I lived in tanks. Really depressed about clothes. Maybe I need to get off MDC and head over to Old Navy...

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#9 of 21 Old 04-07-2006, 02:11 AM

: Our local Old Navy doesn't carry maternity.

Don't you hate it how when you first buy the maternity shirts, they are like 16" too long? And now they are too short, darn it. I have very few left that my belly doesn't hang out of. It would be better if I had many overbelly pants but most are underbelly. So hard to find panel pants anymore.
#10 of 21 Old 04-07-2006, 09:31 AM

I am not even getting dressed unless I'm leaving the house because my clothes are so uncomfortable. I just can't stand the demi belly on my beloved jeans... the baby is soooo low that the elastic rolls all the way down to my pubic bone anyway and I just don't want to spend any more money on pants. I'm still wearing my regular shirts with the belly hugger, so it's really just my pants that are bugging me! I have one pair of boutique capri pants that I was gifted and they are really nice for this stage, the front meets in a "v" under my belly and they are my favorite pants- too bad I only have one pair- and the weather is so darn unpredictable!
#11 of 21 Old 04-07-2006, 09:33 AM

I still fit in a few of my pre preggo shirts and I have only bought 3 maternity
shirts bc I just can't justify spending money on clothes that I am only going
to wear for a few more weeks. I luckily this time am still in my pre preggo pants although I have 2 pairs of maternity jeans but I only wear them if all
my other clothes are dirty bc they are so uncomfortable and they won't stay
up for anything so I am constantly having to pull them up.
#12 of 21 Old 04-07-2006, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma
I am not even getting dressed unless I'm leaving the house because my clothes are so uncomfortable. I just can't stand the demi belly on my beloved jeans... the baby is soooo low that the elastic rolls all the way down to my pubic bone anyway and I just don't want to spend any more money on pants. I'm still wearing my regular shirts with the belly hugger, so it's really just my pants that are bugging me! I have one pair of boutique capri pants that I was gifted and they are really nice for this stage, the front meets in a "v" under my belly and they are my favorite pants- too bad I only have one pair- and the weather is so darn unpredictable!
You should try getting some scrub pants they are so comfy and they are only 10-12 dollars a pair so they are fairly inexpensive. I get mine at walmart.
#13 of 21 Old 04-07-2006, 09:37 AM

I have issues... I only wear jeans and on really rare occasions I'll wear khaki pants in public. Wearing a bridesmaid dress to my friend's wedding in July is a big concession for me... I just feel naked in cotton pants and dresses.

Aren't I weird?! : I'd rather be miserable in a pair of jeans than comfy in cotton pants- in public anyway. At home I live in my yoga pants.
#14 of 21 Old 04-07-2006, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boingo82
: Our local Old Navy doesn't carry maternity.

Don't you hate it how when you first buy the maternity shirts, they are like 16" too long? And now they are too short, darn it. I have very few left that my belly doesn't hang out of. It would be better if I had many overbelly pants but most are underbelly. So hard to find panel pants anymore.
FYI, I was talking about their non-maternity. The shoulders still fit me even going up a few sizes to fit my belly, and they're long enough.
#15 of 21 Old 04-07-2006, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen95
FYI, I was talking about their non-maternity. The shoulders still fit me even going up a few sizes to fit my belly, and they're long enough.
Oh...well if I am falling out the bottom of all my maternity shirts, I can't imagine that non-maternity would work.
#16 of 21 Old 04-07-2006, 01:19 PM

Since I am on modified bedrest, all I am wearing is dh's flannel pants & t-shirts. If I do go out (usually only for doctor's appointments), I have a pair of denim overalls that still fit (w/the snaps undone!) and a pair of yoga pants that are starting to get too tight. Darn these fashions today of everything being low rise & short on top! It makes later maternity clothes impossible! Eeeks, I just thought about post-partum dressing - what the heck am I going to wear then??!! Certainly nothing short on top, that's for sure.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#17 of 21 Old 04-07-2006, 01:24 PM

This is going to sound totally dumb to some of you-but the best pants I have found were at victorias secret website. Even though they have all those teeny tiny models their clothes are kinda big. I bouth these yoga pants that are made to fold down at the top. Well if you pull the top of the pants up instead of foling them down they are the comfiest maternity pants! Really good fabric too-like they will last a long time. Plus after baby you can adjust the band to hide what you want . It has made up for the shortness of many of my shirts. Walmart has some maternity tank tops that are longer too-I bought one with a gift card I recieved at my shower and I wear it under some of my short shirts.

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#18 of 21 Old 04-07-2006, 01:27 PM

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...ZZZ&rfnbr=2249

this is the link for the foldover yoga pants-I weigh about 170 right now and my butt and belly are big! I still only wear a medium in these pants! It sure beats those low rise yoga pants! I got mine in all black so the band isn't as noticable. The fabric is srta thick-holds in that cellulite too-my cheapo yoga pants show all my dimples

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#19 of 21 Old 04-07-2006, 01:55 PM

I am so relieved I have a big DH (6'4", wears a 2XL tall) because I can shamelessly theive from his side of the closet.

Clothes are hard to find for me anyways, so adding an extra bit to my belly doesn't help in the least. Why is it always assumed that fat people are short? I seriously need shirts that are about 6" longer. My favorite shirt right now is actually a really short dress with princess seams, and it barely clears my belly.
#20 of 21 Old 04-08-2006, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*max
Eeeks, I just thought about post-partum dressing - what the heck am I going to wear then??!! Certainly nothing short on top, that's for sure.
Ack! I've only sort of halfway thought about this. I was planning on wearing these panel jeans I have a lot of the time but A.) like so many of you have mentioned, the panel keeps rolling below my belly, very uncomfortable and I keep having to pull them up as they seem to like to drag on the ground.
2.) These Atlanta summers are brutal. We've already been getting temps in the 80's!

Oh, and let me not forget that I'd have to sew up the side and back seams since they took the liberty of unraveling only a week or so after I purchased them. :

Note to myself: Get more thrift store flowy skirts, some stretchy, cotton shorts and plenty of tank tops/SS shirts....

I haven't had much to wear for soooo long. Ugh!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#21 of 21 Old 04-08-2006, 09:19 PM

I am thankful every day for the day that I bought some maternity tank tops at Old Navy- they're the laying kind with thin straps so I would never wear them alone but man, do I love wearing those suckers under all of my too short maternity shirts! That is the only way I have made it through the last 2 months.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page