Are the Last Few Weeks Usually This Intense? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 04-06-2006, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is insane you guys. I hardly feel like myself more and more. I'm crying at the drop of a hat, feeling guilty about, whatever, stupid stuff like dinner taking too long to be done, frustrated and overwhelmed. But then other times I'm fine, laughing and happy and feeling good. My belly doesn't seem all that big and people are always talking about how "little" I am for 9.5 months but it's a struggle to get out of bed, rollover or anything. I don't care what it looks like, I feel giant and unwieldy. I feel like a fish out of water.

My poor DH, I so don't want him to feel neglected but I've been feeling a real need to turn more into myself and at those times I don't want to be touched or talked to really, just want to gel out and think/not think, whatever. This is very frustrating b/c we're so lovey-dovey and in sync with each other. I want to chill out and enjoy time with my husband but my mind is racing. I dunno, it's just been him and me (he and I?) for so long and he just works so hard and is entering this new part of our lives together too, I just want him to still feel my love and attention as well KWIM?

Everything's gotten so uncomfortable lately. I don't like being so scatterbrained and this intensely emotional, constantly. All these months free of PMS catching up with me?

For the most part I'm still loving being PG. I love feeling the baby move and rubbing his or her little back or butt, LOL, talking to our baby. I feel so blessed to be able to experience this. But I'm also starting to have these scaling the walls, want to crawl out of my skin type of feelings. I've always wanted kids and have loved PG, can't wait to do it again! ( , already?) But I feel about ready to be done. It's weird, I don't want it to end but I do. I will so miss feeling my baby move around inside of me. All cozy and protected.

I'm thinking all of this is more of Mother Nature's way of gearing the body and mind up to be ready for birthing and being a mama. What do you guys think? Or maybe I'm just losing my mind. I can see why mamas start getting so cranky and everything towards the end and how that could contribute to the feelings of wanting to be done. All I can say is wow. This whole experience has been absolutely amazing.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 04-06-2006, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It has to be normal or we are both crazy. I can cry at nothing too, have that itchiness and keep having those thoughts like, "I can't wait to have my feet back!" At the same time, I tried to be pg for so long and have always felt like I was meant to be a mom that I know I will miss it when they wiggle, squirm and kick. (DH can always tell when they are active cause I just sit there with my hand on my belly and a goofy smile and giggle.)

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#3 of 15 Old 04-06-2006, 11:09 PM

I don't know but it sure is a huge relief to see this post. I feel like I've been flying off the handle lately for every little thing. Yesterday was especially bad, I can only hope and pray that my kids don't remember it, because I treated them terribly! Every little tiny thing they did wrong, they got in trouble for. I yelled right in my 3yo son's face when he wouldn't get up and let his sister by to get dressed, then I apologized five minutes later when I saw how upset he was, and he said "Mommy said, 'go! go! go!' and I don't like it." :-( Ugh, it's awful, I am so not like this usually...I miss my old laidback self.

And yeah, I do love being pregnant, really! I am not sitting here thinking "never, ever again" as I take twenty minutes to roll over and run to the bathroom every five minutes. I am looking forward to having more pregnancies after this one. But wow, it hurts. And it's hard. And I hate the way I've been acting lately.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#4 of 15 Old 04-06-2006, 11:51 PM

Oh, this is so normal. And I am so in denial that this will be me again in a few weeks (I'm 33.5 right now). I keep thinking that I'm getting off scott free this time since this pregnancy seems so much easier, but I think I only remember the time you're referring to, the "intense" time, as if that was my whole 3rd trimester last time. I have to remind myself that it's coming. In fact, I was so grouchy at the end I almost missed out on a great friendship. A woman in my neighborhood approached me and started chatting and I said something odd, I was feeling defensive about going back to work, and fortunately she just let it go knowing where I was (she had 2 kids at the time).

It means you're close. And I'm super impressed you're thinking so much about your dh, mamacatsbaby! I can't say that I was that generous.

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#5 of 15 Old 04-07-2006, 12:13 AM

I was much more relaxed and better-rested after ds was born compared to the last few weeks of PG! Dealing with the known can be so much easier than dealing with the unknown.

sharing life with | 10 yo ds | 8 yo dd | dh (since 2012)
"I am not what happened to me...I am what I choose to become." ~ Carl Jung
#6 of 15 Old 04-07-2006, 03:57 AM

Wow, I am sooooo with you on this, mamacatsbaby! I am so incredibly emotional and now I'm super-grumpy and irritable, too. Last night I got so upset at my DH for calling his sister (???) that I picked (or tried to pick) a fight with him.

The night before I literally had to do breathing exercises to work through my anger at having to put some clean sheets away when CLEARLY DH should have read my mind and done it himself.

Poor guy, I'm not working and I'm home a lot, so he bears the brunt of my emotional weirdness! And when I'm not annoyed, I pretty much just want to do my own thing, read, watch tv, whatever.

So I empathize, this is by far the least fun part of my (otherwise great) pregnancy so far... I just keep thinking, 5 more weeks, 5 more weeks-- even though I know I'll miss being pregnant.

We'll make it, just a few more weeks to go....
#7 of 15 Old 04-07-2006, 08:42 AM

Add me to the list of mounting insanity! I am SO weepy that I can hardly stand myself! And my poor 2 year old, who is the sweetest thing on the planet, is getting the brunt of my rollercoaster of emotions. And I am feeling FUNKY! Crampy, contracty, arm-n-leg crampy, stiff neck, the whole kaboodle. I've only been on bedrest for a week and it's already doing me in for sure.

Plus, I have been pretty happy with my pregnant body until this week, when I feel like I've gained an extra 15 pounds in my face and upper arms and thighs. I liked it better when it was all going to my belly! Naturally, this makes me feel insane too. I've kept a pretty happy mama face through this whole thing, but I feel like I am really blowing it here at the end!

*hugs* to all you mamas. Hopefully the intensity lets up when these little babes start to sprout.
#8 of 15 Old 04-07-2006, 09:27 AM

Sooooo with you all. I'm grouchy at times, insanely nesting and not nearly as patient with my kids as I should be.

We're gearing up to give birth and meet our babies... in some ways I soooo want to be done with pregnancy and hurry up and birth/meet this baby but on the other hand I get sappy thinking this might be my last pregnancy and once I have the baby, s/he will never be in my belly again.

<-- that's me!
#9 of 15 Old 04-07-2006, 11:13 AM

Me too MCB. I will miss this time SO much, but I've been so incredibly irritable and angry lately. Not at all myself. My body hurts! I wanted to rip off the head of the teenager who made my banana split the wrong way last (she put the sauce on the WHOLE sunday, not just the individual flavors like I'd asked!) Dh saw her do it and knew what was coming and starting whispering "abort, abort!", but it was too late. I wasn't mean to her but I was really angry about it, not my style. I also hung up on my mom the other night when she said that she had too much to do for my shower Sunday (which I don't want to go to!) to get together with my mother-in-law. My brother won't even talk to me right now (insert embarassed face here).

But I'm really enjoying this pregnancy! Thanks for posting this, it's good to know that I'm not alone.
#10 of 15 Old 04-07-2006, 11:16 AM

Count me in too - I just wrote about this in my blog. Most of all about the feeling that I just want to go away for somewhere for a week. ALONE. and sleep. And relax. And watch an entire movie without interruption of falling asleep. and stop crying over every stupid thing.

I want my brain back! LOL. The other day I set a tortilla on the fire on my stove to make a burriot, forgot ALL about it until I said, "Hmmm smells like smoke" and returned to the kitchen to find a tortilla bonfire on my stove.

of course I overreacted and sobbed "I could have killed us. I could have killed us." LOL. Who knew drama was such a big part of the end of pregnancy?
#11 of 15 Old 04-07-2006, 12:06 PM

I'm with ya'll and I'm only 34 weeks! I feel like a waddling whale on dry land! (That twenty minutes to roll over and get up to pee every five minutes, that's me, too!)

I'm not overly emotional yet, tho. No more crying than usual. But my mom says just to wait...

But OH my pubic joints HURT. And I've started getting itchy occasionally (it goes away quickly, tho, so yay for small blessings!) And I am so scatterbrained, it's completely off the wall!

Blah... I keep telling this baby, "Come out when you're ripe" but secretly I keep wishing he'd come earlier rather than later. And I feel *terrible* for even thinking that!!!! Plus, we're totally not ready yet. Not even by a long shot...
#12 of 15 Old 04-08-2006, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anathea
*hugs* to all you mamas. Hopefully the intensity lets up when these little babes start to sprout.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm sorry you ladies are going stir crazy too but it's also nice to know that I'm not just totally bonkers!

I had to laugh as I was reading the posts, just shaking my head emphatically in agreement "Yes! That is so where I'm at/something I've said or done or could see myself doing! I totally understand where these mamas are coming from."

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#13 of 15 Old 04-09-2006, 07:29 PM

I'm here with ya!
My mom has been here the past few days and is driving me bonkers. For the most part she has been great, but tonight she flipped, and 2 *flippers* in the same house , just isnt' cutting it!

I am nesting horrible and since I am just getting more freedom (been on bedrest since Thanksgiving) I am finding I have NO muscle tone, thus NO energy to get things done that I NEED to get done!
And , my poor hubby I am feeling the need to get all the decorating (or redecorating) done before baby comes, so all parts of our house look *nice*. Like the baby will even care or notice, hehe.
And this brings LOTS of spending (my husband is a saving freak), which totally makes him bonkers!

Oh and yes, people say I am not that large either, but I feel like a water balloon that NEEDS to BURST!!!
#14 of 15 Old 04-09-2006, 07:45 PM

I'm just trying to remind myself to sloooow dooooooown. It's getting harder to do things @ the pace that I have been. When I clean, I find myself taking quite a few breaks. I'm also just tired. I mean, I have energy but I'm tired of cooking/cleaning. I swear I've been nesting this whole pg and now that it's down to the wire...I'm just so ready to welcome this baby/ies into the world. *sigh* I have my Dad and his wife coming tomorrow for a few days which has me worn out making sure I have everything "just so" for when they're here. Today has been my Rest Day. I've been on the couch, napping for the most part. Aside from vacuuming the stairs and doing my regular cleaning I've been quite a bum but it's much needed rest!

We just gotta hang in there Mamas!
#15 of 15 Old 04-09-2006, 08:03 PM

Oh gosh... cooking. Sometimes I don't mind and other times I just do NOT want to cook. I'm tired of snacking on carrots, cheese, fruit etc instead of eating meals. Cooking is hard at my house anyway, because I'm borderline vegetarian and dh is a big meat eater, so you can imagine how that goes!

I need to go ahead and shell out the money for Cathe Olson's cookbook!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page