cervical pain (again I know) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-07-2006, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a whiner, I know-BUT today I went to the grocery store and had to basically grab what I really needed and leave. The pain in my cervix was so sharp-it made me jump involuntarily.It happened several times in the store.Now that I am back home it is not so bad-but I have been sitting down. It isn't the actual pain that bothers me as much as the thought of what it means-I still have afew more weeks until I would be comfortable with labor coming and each of those pains was accompanied by a crampy baby moving DOWN feeling. These are past the twinge stage as they seem to be lasting longer. He is really active today too for some reason. maybe just bored in there? oh well-I am just starting to feel paranoid and I came here to let it out because DH just turns ghostly pale when I tell him about this stuff I'm glad you guys are here to listen to me whine.

My blessing way is this evening-so I am hoping baby will calm down by then and leave my poor cervix alone.

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-07-2006, 02:53 PM

I've been having the same thing for a couple of months. Sometimes the babe hits a cervical nerve and it actually paralyzes my leg for a moment.

Had it in last pregnancy. Doesn't really mean anything in regards to labor unless it is accompanied by dilation and frequent regular contractions.

Nonetheless, it is very uncomfortable.

Soon enough our babes will be here, and we won't even give a thought to this discomfort.

(at least that's what I keep telling myself)
#3 of 7 Old 04-07-2006, 03:08 PM

I've had it too, but I don't think it means anything - other than baby is being mean! I swear he flips head-up just so he can drop-kick my cervix. OUCH.
#4 of 7 Old 04-07-2006, 04:46 PM

Right there with ya. All these twinges and stuff just play wiht my head way too much!
#5 of 7 Old 04-08-2006, 11:11 AM

So...what's normal in terms of cervical pain? I'm starting to feel some twinges and sometimes a bit of pressure down there--definitely not all the time, and I notice it especially when I'm active (i.e., packing my apartment). I'm a little shy of 33 weeks. This is all normal, right?
#6 of 7 Old 04-08-2006, 02:25 PM

Seems to be! I didn't notice any of this stuff except the pressure because my dd did drop early (28w IIRC). I sure noticed it last time and I'm noticing it now.

I've had several decent contractions today that had me running to the potty to pee while thinking "ouch ouch cervix" from all the pressure!
#7 of 7 Old 04-08-2006, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalmama
Sometimes the babe hits a cervical nerve and it actually paralyzes my leg for a moment.
That seems to happen to me, OUCH!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page