She's coming early... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-08-2006, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Right now we have a C/S date of the 25th (10 days early). I ended up in the hospital last week for bleeding at 35wks. They found out that the placenta is closer to the cervix than they thought. I have a marginal previa, which can sometimes be born vaginally, but not if its starts a bleed, too risky. I was really hoping for a VBA2C, but thats not going to happen now. Even if I hadn't had c/s's in the past I'd have one now, so whatever, I'm just glad she is ok. It just seems like this whole pregnancy has been a series of abnormalities. I had a lot of bleeding the first two months, that stopped, we found out she has a heart defect that will require open heart surgery, she has a single umbilical artery, and now a marginal previa with a bleed. I'm sure everything will be fine, its just been a lot to take in for a few weeks. I'm really trying to keep lots of postive thoughts going through my head, but I'm terrified of another c/s and also her being rushed to the NICU for her heart condition. "It'll be ok. It'll be ok. It'll be ok." At least spring is on its way and come May we'll be at home relax with a new babe!

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#2 of 14 Old 04-08-2006, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mary, I am so sorry to hear you have yet another potential problem on your plate

You will be in my thoughts. You might have a long road ahread, but you will come home with a sweet little girl!
#3 of 14 Old 04-08-2006, 01:03 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that there have been so many problems and worries.
You'll be in my thoughts.
#4 of 14 Old 04-08-2006, 01:08 PM

Aw, Mary, sorry to hear this -- I can totally understand how it must feel like everything is conspiring against a normal pg/delivery. I'm sure I'd be disappointed, too!

Is there any silver lining in that a c/s would be easier on the babe (since she has a heart defect) than a vaginal birth?

Hugs to you, and hopes that after the delivery and surgery is behind you both, things go boringly normal from then on!

Guin

caffix.giftoddler.gifnocirc.gifBusy, grateful mama to: Kieran (12); Hanna (10); Cameron (8);
Charlotte (6);Sophie (5) Down Syndrome & so beautiful! brokenheart.gif(9/08), & rainbow1284.gifDuncan 8/26/09
#5 of 14 Old 04-08-2006, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so sorry there is yet another obstacle you have to deal with now mama. You guys are so strong. Much love and many prayers to you. Let us know how things are going.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#6 of 14 Old 04-08-2006, 02:16 PM

Just a couple more weeks before you meet your little girl now. Many, many and : that all goes well with the surgery/birth and that your babe will do well. Keep us posted on how things are going.
#7 of 14 Old 04-08-2006, 10:16 PM

Yes,not long before you have your baby in your arms!
Hope everything goes smoothly for you both!

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#8 of 14 Old 04-09-2006, 02:20 AM

You and your baby will be in my thoughts.
#9 of 14 Old 04-09-2006, 03:54 AM

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#10 of 14 Old 04-09-2006, 07:20 AM

Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way. You are an amazingly strong woman & mama!

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#11 of 14 Old 04-09-2006, 09:15 AM

Ah Mary - I too am sending positive thoughts and vibes your way - let's get that baby home with her momma!
#12 of 14 Old 04-09-2006, 11:12 AM

to you Mary!
#13 of 14 Old 04-09-2006, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thank you all so much for the prayers and good vibes. I'm sure everything will work out just fine. It's really weird to be told to slow down right in the middle of "nesting" and change courses, I know there are plenty of women who have been in or are in (all our bedrest mamas know!) the same position.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#14 of 14 Old 04-09-2006, 05:41 PM

You and your baby will be in my thoughts.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page