Oh lovely...a stomach flu at 36 weeks - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-08-2006, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well last night I wasn't sure if I was going into labor or what. I was in so crampy and just generally felt awful. But it soon became clear that it wasn't labor pains....it was a stomach flu.

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

This is one of my first times sitting up since yesterday afternoon. My hips are so sore from laying on the couch for so long (bedrest mamas....I'm feeling for ya...don't know how you are doing it).

I seem to be on the mend now...haven't been sick since 11 o'clock last night...but I'm just so sore and weak.

This is actually my *second* stomach flu this pregnancy. Not fair. :

Hope everyone else is healthy and feeling well. Being sick when you are hugely pregnant is SO not fun.
#2 of 11 Old 04-08-2006, 05:03 PM

Awww hugs! I'm glad you're on the mend. The stomach flu is NO fun, pregnant or not but I can imagine it's pretty rough at this point in your pg. Rest up~ you need it!
#3 of 11 Old 04-08-2006, 07:55 PM

Erin- We had the same stomach flu just come raging through our house this week as well. And it hit me yesterday afternoon- so I feel your pain. I thought I was dying last night- between the muscle pain/soreness and the contractions from being slightly dehydrated.

Hope you are feeling a lot better today!
#4 of 11 Old 04-08-2006, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's so crappy. I had some weird 2-3 day stomach thing about a week ago and it just sucked so bad. No throwing up but the stomach cramps had me on the floor, crying out bloody murder. DH came in from doing some work with a neighbor and almost started freaking out, talking about going to the hospital and such. I knew I wasn't in labor, though you'd think I was being tortured or something (I kinda felt like I was!) with all the nausea and stabbing pains. It was off and on all day like that. Then the next day and next food and drink just wasn't looking great, though I ate and stuff anyway. I feel your pain mama!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#5 of 11 Old 04-08-2006, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Aw man. Sorry to hear others have been dealing with the flu. It's been really bad around here (I'm in New England)....everyone you talk to is sick.

I'm just so grateful that I didn't go into labor last night. I had a couple of REALLY BIG contractions and I was like....oh God NOOOOO. Pleeeeaaase don't let me go into labor tonight.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be as sick and weak as I was and in labor.

I've eaten a bit of toast, some soup and a scrambled egg and I'm starting to feel much better. Took a bath with DD this evening too which felt wonderful on my sore muscles.
#6 of 11 Old 04-08-2006, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama
I'm just so grateful that I didn't go into labor last night. I had a couple of REALLY BIG contractions and I was like....oh God NOOOOO. Pleeeeaaase don't let me go into labor tonight.
I was thinking the same exact thing last night- just laying there thinking "please do not go into labor, please do not go into labor, please do not go into labor"
#7 of 11 Old 04-09-2006, 01:51 AM

I hear you Mamas!

I too suffered from some horrible, viral, vomit inducing thing. It knocked me down hard! I am just recovering finally and the idea of more than just one type of food is finally starting to sound OK. This all began Tuesday and I really am glad to see the back of it.

This poor baby has been living off my stores, plentiful as they may be, for almost a week.

I feel for you all and hope that we all recover fully long before labour hits 'cause labour and this flu are not compatible!!!

Mama to 3 lovely home learning, nature loving girls read.gif(10), fairy.gif(7), fly-by-nursing1.gif (3).

#8 of 11 Old 04-09-2006, 02:16 AM

Oh, I am so sorry. I hope you feel better soon. I had it a few weeks ago (well either that or food poisoning, not sure which) and I thought I was going into labor too! So awful. That was also my second time with a stomach bug this pregnancy, on top of 7 months of morning sickness!
#9 of 11 Old 04-09-2006, 07:27 AM

Erin, I hope you are feeling better today! That sounds awful. Your right, this area has been swarmed w/stomach flus, strep, etc. It can be pretty scary. My kids have been sick & I have been battling PTL. I have been very worried about having the baby prematurely and then bringing her home to a house full of sick kids.

and healthy vibes to everyone.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#10 of 11 Old 04-09-2006, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
That was also my second time with a stomach bug this pregnancy, on top of 7 months of morning sickness!
Oh mama!!!

Quote:
This poor baby has been living off my stores, plentiful as they may be, for almost a week.
I got on the scale last night and I have lost about 5 pounds (this was just about two days of not eating -- or barely eating....toast etc.). Wow. But babe is kicking away so I know s/he is getting what s/he needs!

max ~ Super sticky vibes....stay put little one!!! Let's let all these sickies clear out of here before our babes come!!!
#11 of 11 Old 04-09-2006, 09:14 AM

this is my fear - catching this weird virus and going into labor and getting the baby sick. ARGH!

I hope you all get better FAST!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page