32 week appointment - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-09-2006, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and all is well. My bp is normal (knew it would be!) so doc said to just keep doing what I've been doing. My cervix shortened a bit, but not much and no funelling, contactions or "unusual uterine activity" so he isn't worried about that. Also, the babes are all around 4 pounds.

DH asked about the chances of me being on hospitalized bedrest and the doc went on about how bad that would be for me because with all the nurses needing something to do, they would be observing me really closely and likely finding small things to worry about. THe we would have to deal with unneccesary intervention and probably an early delivery. So unless there is (G-d forbid) some sort of drastic, horrible change, no hospital (I'm not sure why dh is worried about this as it wa sonly brought up once as a slim possibility and last resort if my bp didn't behave.)

OB also has no idea if May 2nd will be it or if I'll be able to go longer. He did have 2 triplets pregnancies before me that went to 37 weeks, so I know that if we're all good, I can get that far. That would put me at the week starting May 12.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#2 of 7 Old 04-09-2006, 11:29 AM

That sounds great! Wonderful news about your BP and I really like the way your doctor is thinking! Hope the girls manage to hang in there for a bit longer, I just can't imagine how your body must feel right now, with 12 or so pounds of baby in there and still time to go! You seem to have a great attitude, though - I'm inspired!

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 7 Old 04-09-2006, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm glad everything's looking good Miriam! Definitely cool how the doc is thinking. You stay in there babies! I agree with L'lee, you're very inspiring!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#4 of 7 Old 04-10-2006, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, ladies! I don't feel inspiring because I'm just chugging along doing what I need to do, ya'know? But I appreciate the kind comments.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#5 of 7 Old 04-10-2006, 08:44 AM

Really, how can I complain when I'm only carrying 5-6lb of baby and you're carrying twice that! Sounds like you're doing great!
#6 of 7 Old 04-10-2006, 09:46 AM

Boy I admire you! How excited you must be! So glad your appt. was good!

I met a mom at the park who was HUGE HUGE HUGE so I asked her when she was due, and she said she was only 6 months. So I said, Are you having twins? TRIPLETS! And not only that - they aren't hers! She is carrying them for her sister and brother in law. What a saint!

I can only imagine how uncomfortable you must be!
#7 of 7 Old 04-10-2006, 11:49 AM

That's wonderful, Miriam!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page