First REAL cravings...35 weeks - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 04-09-2006, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After a big dinner of vegan vietnamese noodle soup...I demanded that we stop at the liquour store on our street so I could get something "flaky and pastry-like"

I found one of those gas station cheese berry danish things, normally not at all what I go in for. Bought that AND coffee crunch hagen daz.

Ate them both. Happily. Very very happily.
#2 of 19 Old 04-10-2006, 12:32 AM

Don't ask me why but for the past couple days I've been craving donuts (I haven't had a donut in FOREVER) and chocolate. Well, I always crave chocolate ( ) but, more than usual.

I feel bad that I'm craving sweets but..I just can't help it!
#3 of 19 Old 04-10-2006, 01:34 AM

I've also been hugely craving sweets lately. Weird. I've been drinking a lot of fruit juice though (mixed with seltzer. I've got a miserable cold and it makes my sore throat feel better) but with all the fruit juice I've been really trying to ignore the sweet cravings. I'm getting enough sugar from all the juice.
#4 of 19 Old 04-10-2006, 01:40 AM

I (almost) never have cravings while pregnant...but for some reason last night I just had to have some ice cream. It was good.
#5 of 19 Old 04-10-2006, 08:52 AM

I've read that sweet cravings indicate a need for protein ...

I can't hardly find anything that sounds good to eat (except eating out and we're mostly broke right now) so one minute I want something sweet, then salty, then protein...
#6 of 19 Old 04-10-2006, 08:57 AM

I drink a lot of water-so I don't think it is dehydration but I really want lemonade all the time. I tried putting lemon in my water-but no it has to be lemonade which is sweet so maybe I need more protien too.

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#7 of 19 Old 04-10-2006, 09:43 AM

Oh - that's good to know Michelle!

The other day I HAD to have a Dolly Madison cherry pie. It was horribly sweet, goopy and delicious, and I refused to share it with my DD. I don't want HER eating that crap.
#8 of 19 Old 04-10-2006, 12:11 PM

I've been craving sugar, too, but since sugar has made me feel TERRIBLE when I eat it this whole pregnancy, I am pretty sure this just means I am not eating enough protein/calories in general. It's interesting. Eating in general has just not been that appealing this pg, but in the last week or so I've finally had those "hungry-hungry-hungry" feelings I remember from most of my last pg. I'm trying to cooperate! (But I kinda liked the fact that I wasn't gaining as much weight this time . . . oh, well.)

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#9 of 19 Old 04-10-2006, 06:56 PM

suuuuushiiiiii....

or, more specifically, sashimi......

(don't flame me for this one, please!)

successful #2 Jan. 25th - welcome Maisie Elise!
#10 of 19 Old 04-10-2006, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalmama
I found one of those gas station cheese berry danish things, normally not at all what I go in for. Bought that AND coffee crunch hagen daz.

Ate them both. Happily. Very very happily.
LOL! So NOW we know who eats those things!! Pregnant women and those nursing hangovers!!
#11 of 19 Old 04-10-2006, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinneyah
suuuuushiiiiii....

or, more specifically, sashimi......

(don't flame me for this one, please!)
No flames, I can hardly resist salmon sushimi. In fact I don't resist, I just try and use moderation

Now you've made me hungry for a 76 roll (salmon and tempura on the inside, tuna and avocado on the out, drenched in a hot and spicy cream sauce, topped with green onions!!!)
#12 of 19 Old 04-10-2006, 11:14 PM

I had some serious strawberry cravings a couple weeks ago. I would buy one of those 6-packs of baskets on Wednesday and they would be gone Sunday. And I was the only one eating them.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#13 of 19 Old 04-11-2006, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OMG, I've been eating non-stop for about 4 or 5 days now. : DH just gets out of the way . I've been soooo hungry! And a few weeks ago there were some KK donuts at work and I inhaled like 3, then took 3 home. I felt kinda bad at one point but not enough not to eat those donuts, they were so-freaking-good! : Right now I'm really craving one of those frozen Stouffer's mac&cheese entrees. Oh man, I'm so hungry!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#14 of 19 Old 04-11-2006, 02:20 PM

I'm eating cheese curls. : At least the iced tea I'm drinking is naturally decaf.

oink oink, that's me. I vacillate between making myself eat and making a pig of myself. :
#15 of 19 Old 04-11-2006, 03:02 PM

Aside from wanting to eat out ALL the time, which is totally not feasable (Is this just because I don't want to cook?) the only thing that sounds good is spoonful after spoonful of raw honey. Oh my god, I can't believe how tasty it is, all herby and good. I have it for my birth center bag for labor - but - uh, we'll see if it lasts that long!
#16 of 19 Old 04-11-2006, 05:36 PM

Well, I went to Coffee Bean this morning and got one of those massive cinnamon rolls. Mmmmmm..... It was so good.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#17 of 19 Old 04-11-2006, 08:35 PM

Oh man... you're making me wish there was a Cinnabon closer than 2 hours away!
#18 of 19 Old 04-11-2006, 10:59 PM

Yep, I'm wanting sweets these days, and chocolate and ice cream. Actually chocolate ice cream is perfect.

But what I really want is a huge glass of expensive red wine...

FWIW, I eat sushi and sashimi regularly. I don't worry about it at all or feel guilty. Our local health regulations are well enforced, sushi is very popular here, and it's easy to get it very fresh.

sharing life with | 9.5 yo ds | 7 yo dd | love of my life new husband

#19 of 19 Old 04-12-2006, 12:24 AM

I've been craving pineapple coconut smoothies like a mad woman, lol!!! So much so that I've kept stock in my fridge so I can make them everyday. At least it's healthy for me. The unhealthy craving of mine has been donuts so I try to stay away from the bakery section in the store. I've only been unsuccessful twice this pg so that's not too bad.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page