Ready to get the show on the road!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 04-10-2006, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well as some of you know I am a scheduled c-section on May 18. I swear with my dd I was never as uncomfortable as I am now. I am very uncomfy when I lay down and my hips and A$$ are killing me. I have some sciatic nerve stuff going on and my middle back and upper back are killing me as well from the extra weight.

ON THE OTHER HAND...
I know that this is PROBABLY MOST LIKELY (I think) going to be my last baby and I should enjoy this time I have left. It is such a special time and you only get to do it once with each child and only a limited number of times in your lifetime.

I have been on phenerghan for nausea off and on (PRN) for nausea since I started my 12th week. I am in my 34th week now and it seems to have gotten a little worse in the last week or 2.

My really good friend and roomate in college came this weekend and helped me clean clean clean. While I cannot say my house is spotless yet it is getting a lot closer except for our computer room and the basement which is a huge mess as always - but we only use it for storage so not as big of a deal.

Oh did I mention to heartburn (feels like I drank gallons of Jalepeno juice most of the time). I remember that from last time.

So here is my plan...
This week and next week keep cleaning furiously until I drop and then try to enjoy the last few weeks.

Did I mention I am nesting???

Babydoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 04-10-2006, 08:54 AM

Right there with ya! I feel like I shouldn't hurry this, and I swore I wouldn't... but I'm getting pretty uncomfortable now. The sciatic pain is more frequent and worse and any kind of walking causes all sorts of pressure "down there" and I have to pee all the time. Baby is in position and my body is getting ready, just waiting.

Patiently. Heh.
#3 of 15 Old 04-10-2006, 09:04 AM

Last night pretty much did it for me too-I tore my belly button ring when I accidentally hit my belly with the bathroom door. It hurt so bad! I didn't even flinch when I got the ring-but this made me cry for 10 minutes. I took it out and have a bandaid on now. I am so sad about that. I babied it all the way through so I wouldn't have to take it out and here at the end I almost really hurt myself. On top of that I am super emotional and dh isn't helping any. I get upset at our teenager and he feels like he needs to jump in all angry that said teenager made me mad-WELL everything gets on my nerves at this point it really isn't the kids fault. I must get myself under control-I want my peaceful house back.

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#4 of 15 Old 04-10-2006, 09:41 AM

hurry schmurry. I am READY to be done with this! I am so tired in the afternoons. Emotionally irrational at times. I waddle. My pelvis feels like someone kicked me, and everytime I stand up I suck in a breath from the pain.

Oh WAAAAAH.

This is why men do't have the babies. Mine cries when he stubs his toe.
#5 of 15 Old 04-10-2006, 10:11 AM

Me! Me! Me! I am 37 weeks today so I am RREEAADDYY to have a baby! I think she is starting move down lower though because since I woke up this morning, it feels like her head is way lower than last night.
#6 of 15 Old 04-10-2006, 01:05 PM

Oh yes, count me in too. I am 36 weeks on Friday, the official point when I can go off the meds for preterm labor & the bedrest. I rationally know that it is best for me to stay pregnant for another few weeks, but at this point I am not the most rational person! I am sooooo ready to be done being pregnant!

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#7 of 15 Old 04-10-2006, 02:29 PM

I don't think the word rational should ever be used in the presence of nor should it be expected from pregnant women.
#8 of 15 Old 04-10-2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma
Right there with ya! I feel like I shouldn't hurry this, and I swore I wouldn't... but I'm getting pretty uncomfortable now. The sciatic pain is more frequent and worse and any kind of walking causes all sorts of pressure "down there" and I have to pee all the time. Baby is in position and my body is getting ready, just waiting.
I've got that same walking pressure problem. I feel like the baby just wants to fall out sometimes... I never knew I could pee so much... like 4 times in an hour, sometimes more. I should just take my meals on the can...

Ug. I'm only 33 weeks today. Patience is not a virtue I have at this point!

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#9 of 15 Old 04-10-2006, 05:09 PM

As of writing this post, I have less than 56 hours left before dd is not considered a preemie by my OB and hospital. After that, she can come out to play whenever she wants!
#10 of 15 Old 04-10-2006, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2emerson
As of writing this post, I have less than 56 hours left before dd is not considered a preemie by my OB and hospital. After that, she can come out to play whenever she wants!
Woohoo!
#11 of 15 Old 04-11-2006, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2emerson
Fabulous!

You ladies are cracking me up, tee-hee. I totally hear ya. I won't even get into how ridiculous yesterday was, including the 2.5 hours I stood around waiting for buses : (boy was I sore last night), but this whole sciatica thing giving me the business is really starting to mess with my head!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#12 of 15 Old 04-11-2006, 02:23 PM

I'm 36 weeks... yippee! Well, technically not till midnight I guess, but I'll celebrate now.
#13 of 15 Old 04-11-2006, 04:07 PM

Less than 33 hours now, but who's counting?
#14 of 15 Old 04-11-2006, 04:16 PM

We know Cat isn't counting!
#15 of 15 Old 04-11-2006, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Is there a green with envy emoticon? I wish I was 36 weeks! Ah well I still have quite a few things to do to get ready - mostly cleaning and packing. I can't wait until the baby gets here!!!!! We are in the home stretch now. Just a little longer and we will all be holding our sweet babes!

babydoll

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page