more on somedays and less on others?

Just wondering...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Definitely- and she seems to more active at night than during the day as well.
#3 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 11:35 AM

Mine moves alot period but I read they slow down do to the tight space toward the end of the pregnancy.Have you dropped yet? if so how far along were you when the baby dropped?
#4 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 11:45 AM

My baby has some really sleepy days and some really active days. The sleepy days tend to coincide with growth spurts, I've noticed. (Other growth spurt indications I've noticed: the ligaments in my back get really, really tight which means that my tailbone hurts really badly when I try to stand after sitting...)

Happily, baby seems to have also figured out night and day, which means that I'm sleeping much more comfortably now than I was 6 weeks ago!
#5 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 11:45 AM

Mine was moving like crazy about a week ago, since then the movements have slowed down a bit. I think it's cuz there's just hardly any room.
#6 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 12:04 PM

Quote:
The sleepy days tend to coincide with growth spurts, I've noticed. (Other growth spurt indications I've noticed: the ligaments in my back get really, really tight which means that my tailbone hurts really badly when I try to stand after sitting...)
That's interesting. I had really intense stretchy-burny feelings up high last night.....but instead of thinking of it as growth....my mama mind got all worried that my placenta was detaching.

Then this morning I felt a little bit scared because I hadn't felt the baby move in a while. I had DH get me some OJ and I laid in bed and waited. Sure enough...the sugar rush got the little one movin'.

So maybe my babe was just resting after a little growth spurt.
#7 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 12:08 PM

Yes. It kind of worries me every time we have a slow couple of days, but even on the slow days I definitely have two or three periods where I am quite certain I am getting 10 movements in about an hour or hour and a half, so my midwives say there isn't really anything to worry about. I do think it's the baby sleeping to grow. This baby also has much more of a sleep-wake-sleep cycle than my DS ever had in utero. Even on active days there will be good 2 hour stretches without much movement. I'm crossing my fingers that this means maybe this baby will be "easier" than my DS, who really never had a consistent nap schedule until, oh, maybe 2 or 3 months ago (he's 2.25.) We'll see!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#8 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 12:28 PM

Yup, I've noticed more quiet periods. This baby used to move all day and all night, seemingly non-stop but now s/he has more quiet times. I've also noticed the movement have changed from the kicks and punches to rolling and stretching (which really hurts sometimes ).

Anytime baby doesn't move enough for my comfort, I just poke around on his/her back and s/he obliges me with a kick or some movements.

PS- not sure if baby is actually engaged in my pelvis, but s/he is hanging really low.
#9 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 02:58 PM

My baby also has some really active days and some not so much. Baby was moving around all night Friday. Slept through the last 4d ultrasound and most of the day on Sat (naughty baby was camera shy and we got cruddy but still kinda cute pix) then stayed awake again allll Sat night into Sunday midday.

The little honey let me sleep for 10 hours last night and is now movin' and a grovin' again.

Yay for baby soon!

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#10 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 03:44 PM

Well I have read that babies in the womb act just like we do. There are good days and bad days. Days you feel like running a marathon and other days you just want to curl up and relax. But I have found that the less active I am the more active my baby is and the more active I am th eless active the baby is. And as the weeks got closer the stretching gets more painful and the feet in the ribs are not a pleasure but the bathroom trips are more frequent and the baby seems to be more active if I have to go to the bathroom wich only makes it worse. Any one else experience the bathroom punches as I call them?
#11 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 03:58 PM

Most definatley! But I am feeling much more rolling now, and this baby is SOOOOO LOW!!!!!!!!! I can honestly feel jabs in the tops of my legs, when I'm sitting! And with all 3 pregnancies, I have never once had the baby kick me in the ribs, I carry so low!!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#12 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 03:59 PM

Most definatley! But I am feeling much more rolling now, and this baby is SOOOOO LOW!!!!!!!!! I can honestly feel jabs in the tops of my legs, when I'm sitting! And with all 3 pregnancies, I have never once had the baby kick me in the ribs, I carry so low!!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#13 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 04:32 PM

Ecomama7 when did you drop?
#14 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 05:56 PM

See, it's totally normal!

I definitely have lots of variation with movement from day to day, I figured it has to do with growth. My babe is fairly mellow, so some days he doesn't really move a lot (though always a little), and I try not to get too nervous. A little sugar helps if I want reassurance, but I'm trying not to do too much of that!! Mine's really low, too, so high kicks don't quite make my ribs, but he does punch that bladder sometimes, especially when it's full! "OUCH - time to run!"

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#15 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 06:36 PM

Yeah, they all go through little restful bits. And it seems that when I start to notice it, it is over!

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#16 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

I've thought about it a bit, and it seems she's pretty restful the day after I've had a busy day. We went to Santa Barbara and did a lot of stuff, the day we came home she was very quiet. Now all seems great today, so I appreciate all the reassurances!

Somehow I just never noticed it with my other pg's.
#17 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicerosum
I've thought about it a bit, and it seems she's pretty restful the day after I've had a busy day.
That happened on the day after my shower. It was a pretty late night and the next day they seemed to be sleeping in and taking it easy. The following day they moved more, but it wasn't until the next day that they seemed back to normal.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#18 of 22 Old 04-11-2006, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy37
Ecomama7 when did you drop?
I'm not really sure but my last app. my mw noticed I was a bit lower. It's hard to tell cuz I've been carrying low this whole pg. I've felt pressure (the head) in my pelvis for awhile...OUCH!
#19 of 22 Old 04-11-2006, 09:20 AM

Speaking of dropping....

I hadn't really noticed that I dropped by my MW said last night that I did. I measured a little smaller than I had two weeks before and she said the baby was very definitely lower.

Yay! I'm getting so excited to meet this little one!!!
#20 of 22 Old 04-11-2006, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimid
That happened on the day after my shower. It was a pretty late night and the next day they seemed to be sleeping in and taking it easy. The following day they moved more, but it wasn't until the next day that they seemed back to normal.
They?!?! OMG, I am so lame, I just noticed you had 3 in there! Can't wait for that birth story
#21 of 22 Old 04-11-2006, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Baby definitely moves less on some days and more on others. I am 37 weeks now and the little one is getting quite tight in there. More rolling and stretching than punching or kicking.

He or she seems to have figured out the difference between night and day as well Marylizah. The babe seems to sleep and wake when I do for the most part. Although sometimes I'm up at 2 or 3 in the morning and he or she is having no part of it so I decide to give him or her a jostle or 2 to satisfy me that sleeping's what's going on in there!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#22 of 22 Old 04-11-2006, 03:42 PM

Went to the doctor today he said Iam carrying low because Iam older and got pregnant when last baby was 13 months old so my stomach muscles are not tight.I will be 39 this year.lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page