If you went into labor today... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 04-11-2006, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The baby's room is ready. So very, very ready. Bassinette there to be wheeled into our room, dresser is full of diapers and clothes... Heck, I even assembled the crib for when she's a bit bigger.

The car seat is installed (hey, i needed to store it somewhere, right?) and I have a hospital bag in the trunk of the car, which I cleaned out and vacuumed on the weekend.

But... the rest of my house is a disaster. We have exactly 1 piece of living room furniture and the rest will be here next week. That one piece is a futon I can't even sit on for fear of never standing up again. I was going to sweep my kitchen floor today, but I can't find the broom. I have about 9 loads of laundry to wash, and for whatever reason, the dishwasher is leaking. Wheeeee!
#32 of 37 Old 04-11-2006, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pretty much ready here, whew! A week and a half or so ago I was freaking out. There's some things that coud be done but if babe decided "OK mama, I'm a coming," I could deal with not having gotten to those things.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#33 of 37 Old 04-11-2006, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throkmorton
The car seat is installed (hey, i needed to store it somewhere, right?) and I have a hospital bag in the trunk of the car, which I cleaned out and vacuumed on the weekend.
Hmm, maybe I should do that too. I'll have dh dig it out of the closet for me... that way I don't have to mess with it after the baby comes. I'm using my spare FPSE for this baby...
#34 of 37 Old 04-11-2006, 05:44 PM

I would be so screwed. I'm thousands of miles away from home with my flight home tomorrow morning. When I return, I have to wash a bunch of stuff, get a few more diaper covers, and sort through all the baby gifts I got from my students on my last day of teaching for the year last Thursday.

I know there's lots of other things I need to do, but I'm so disconnected from real life right now as I sit in my hotel room in San Francisco wondering if the rain will slow down enough to venture outside. I figure I'll have enough time to get the last things ready when I get home!
#35 of 37 Old 04-11-2006, 06:42 PM

Id be happy! LOL... I am so ready for this baby... Ive come to terms with the fact that my house will not be ready for this baby in the next year much less the next few weeks LOL... and Im just so tired of being pregnant LOL
#36 of 37 Old 04-11-2006, 06:53 PM

I am so not ready either. I kept putting off getting thebaby things thinking "Oh I still have time before I really need it." and now I have only 3-6 more weeks and I feel overly rushed. I have about 20 more things to get still and am still trying to make sure I have everything listed.

I'm trying to get things as I go but I feel like I am running out of time now, LOL. I still can't find my NB stash of baby diapers either and I am getting really frustrated with that!!!

winner.jpg Mom to 9 ~*~ 4 babygirl.gif  4 babyboy.gif & 1rainbow1284.gif(MtF) ~*~ uc.jpg  lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.gif Rainbow.gif heartbeat.gif

#37 of 37 Old 04-11-2006, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm with you dharmama. Last time I worked full time until 4 days before ds was born. He was 3 days early and I cannot tell you what a sinking feeling it was to realize that I was birthing with a messy apt. and an empty fridge. We had the baby stuff organized but I'd love to me much more organized this time around.

sharing life with | 10 yo ds | 8 yo dd | dh (since 2012)
"I am not what happened to me...I am what I choose to become." ~ Carl Jung

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page