Doc appt today 35/36 wks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-13-2006, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everything went pretty well. Weight gain is 18 lbs total so far. My doc doesn't think this baby will make the due date. I'm already at station 1 and 50 percent effaced. I just knew this baby had dropped when I felt like I was walking around w/a bowling ball in between my legs! Now, I wonder how fast I'll progress from here on out. My hospital bag isn't all the way packed yet, but real close and at least my house is clean so I'm pretty much ready. I still would like this baby to stay put a little while longer. That's pretty much it here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-13-2006, 02:22 AM

Is this your first?

My first dropped like a bowling ball at 33 weeks, while I was helping my best friend prepare for her wedding (I was the matron of honor.. we made my dress that week and I will never forget measuring a 40" waist for the first time LOL). I waddled down the aisle with a bowling ball shoved in my panties. Haha. At my 34 weeks appointment they verified that baby was at 0 station (+1 station is less ready than 0, -4 is the head crowning... it goes 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, -1, -2, -3, -4) and that I was 3 cm dilated. I didn't birth until 37 weeks 5 days. 12 hour labor, 6 lb 3 oz baby. He's almost 13... now THAT is scary. LOL
#3 of 6 Old 04-13-2006, 03:31 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Glad to hear all is well lily fair!

brown eyed girls, thanks for the handy station info!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#4 of 6 Old 04-13-2006, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown eyed girls
Is this your first?

My first dropped like a bowling ball at 33 weeks, while I was helping my best friend prepare for her wedding (I was the matron of honor.. we made my dress that week and I will never forget measuring a 40" waist for the first time LOL). I waddled down the aisle with a bowling ball shoved in my panties. Haha. At my 34 weeks appointment they verified that baby was at 0 station (+1 station is less ready than 0, -4 is the head crowning... it goes 4, 3, 2, 1, 0, -1, -2, -3, -4) and that I was 3 cm dilated. I didn't birth until 37 weeks 5 days. 12 hour labor, 6 lb 3 oz baby. He's almost 13... now THAT is scary. LOL
No, this is my 3rd. I have a 4 yr old dd and a 22 mos old ds. You have the station info a bit backwards. -4 is when they're still floating in the pelvis, 0 is engaged in the pelvis and 4 is crowing.
#5 of 6 Old 04-13-2006, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily_fair
No, this is my 3rd. I have a 4 yr old dd and a 22 mos old ds. You have the station info a bit backwards. -4 is when they're still floating in the pelvis, 0 is engaged in the pelvis and 4 is crowing.

Well thank you lily fair for the correction!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#6 of 6 Old 04-13-2006, 08:41 PM

Sounds like a good appointment!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page