Baby dropping question (w/ 34 week pic!) + TMI question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2006, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, if you look at my pics, you can see that babe has dropped a bit since 32 weeks:
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/NYCVeg/
(Password = shoes)

This doesn't mean she's coming imminently or anything, right? I mean, the drop looks significant to me, but I don't *think* it's one of those "baby is so low she's itching to get out" drops. What do you all think? Should I be thinking about the possibility of a 38-week babe, instead of 40+?

Also, a quick TMI question: I have CRAZY amounts of discharge these days. It looks exactly like it has for the past many weeks (creamy, pretty thick, whitish), but there's tons more of it, especially first thing in the morning. Also normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2006, 12:20 PM

Honestly, I can't see that your baby has dropped any. Still looks fairly high to me (but seeing isn't everything, palpitation will tell you a lot more). S/he may be starting to engage, but I don't think s/he's really engaged yet...

Baby can drop for a first time mom a long time in advance of the day s/he comes

Re the discharge: sounds fairly normal to me, maybe other people know more...
Old 04-19-2006, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisyael
Honestly, I can't see that your baby has dropped any. Still looks fairly high to me (but seeing isn't everything, palpitation will tell you a lot more). S/he may be starting to engage, but I don't think s/he's really engaged yet...
No...I don't think she's engaged in my pelvis yet (actually, I'm hoping not, b/c based on how she's moving, I'm much less sure that she's vertex than I was a couple of weeks ago). But I have all this space between the top of the fundus and my breasts that didn't exist before...I can breathe again!
Old 04-19-2006, 12:43 PM

She's probably had to scrunch up a bit more b/c she's getting bigger

"Dropping" (to me at least) implies the baby being fully engaged.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:54 PM

Well, your belly is cute as ever!

Hmm, baby maybe looks a little lower. First time moms do tend to drop early, even though the average 1st pg is 41w1d so you can't count on going early really. My first baby engaged at 28 weeks! She was born at 38w1d, only because I was induced unnecessarily.

I have the same sort of CF, and have for awhile. No signs of yeast or anything, I normally have a lot of CF (I've had OBs insist on testing because they're sure it's an infection but it's always negative ). You may be dialating a little bit... I've noticed that I have never lost a plug- but then again I've always been dialated a few centimeters by this point in pregnancy too.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:04 PM

You have got the cutest little belly, I can hardly stand it!

Extra breathing room is awesome. It looks to me like there's a little butt sticking out there - maybe baby is just curled up - not vertex, cause it's getting so squished in there.

Anyhow, soooo cute!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma
I have the same sort of CF, and have for awhile. No signs of yeast or anything, I normally have a lot of CF (I've had OBs insist on testing because they're sure it's an infection but it's always negative ).
Me, too! I always have to convince them that, no, I don't have an STD or something--lots of CF is just normal for me. Right now, I definitely don't have any yeasty indications; I've had a little itching throughout the entire pregnancy, but I've tested negative for everything--my mws think it's just my body's reaction to all the extra CF, pregnancy hormones, etc.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:54 PM

You do have the cutest belly!!! I think too, it looks like a lil butt is protruding a bit, but I can tell that your a bit lower than before! And the discharge is totally normal, I have TONS of it! I never had it this bad with my other 2 pregnancies.

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
Old 04-19-2006, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can't really answer your questions, just wanted to say what a cute belly you have!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

User Tag List