I am officially in the cranky stage - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 04-19-2006, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It started yesterday. Dd's nanny (who was also my nannny, so we have a parent/child-type relationship) is always sure she's right about everything and will contradict anyone whether it matters or not. She was telling me I was wrong about something really inconsequential but I couldn't let it go and snapped at her. She at least listened to me after that. Not that it really mattered...

And then I decided I wasn't going to cook dinner and had dh meet me and dd for Italian. The waiter annoyed me, and I crabbed to dh about everything from the nanny to George Bush. I did tell him I was in the cranky phase so we at least laughed about it and recalled all the times in my last pg when I was mean to waiters.

And today I was at the grocery (thank goodness without dd, or I would have been completely evil, I'm sure) and just didn't want to deal with any of the people who worked there. Usually I'm very chatty but I just mumbled and looked away when anyone tried to help me.

I'm just glad that it's almost over now. Up until yesterday I was relishing every last day of pregnancy since this will be my last. But now, I'm just ready to be done. I want to meet this baby and get on with life!

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#2 of 21 Old 04-19-2006, 06:58 PM

I hear you mama-I too have hit the ultimate cranky stage. I have a 1 and 2 year old also who I am sure has been feeling the brunt of it. I have been obssessed at night when I lay down about how many times I got on them in the day but I just need a moment sometimes and I am sure those of you with other children can understand.

I can say too though I have been trying to be concious of my crankiness and not making everyone around me miserable.My mom and mamaw took me out to dinner and to Target for new jammies as my last hurrah before Quinn arrives and it even took me about a 1/2 hour in the car on the way to dinner to snap out of it.:
#3 of 21 Old 04-19-2006, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep, this is apart of my psycho, emotional repertoire right now. My poor, poor husband... I feel so bad, shame on me...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#4 of 21 Old 04-19-2006, 09:58 PM

LOL - I hear ya. I am normally very laid back and supportive of DH and his career - next week he has the annual Operation meeting - he is a manager - and he was saying that he "hopes" the baby will wait to come until after the 27th...

here is our conversation:
"I thought it was just the 26th."
"The meeting is the 26th but the dinner and award ceremony is the night of the 27th."
((in a VERY bitchy voice)) "F_ck the dinner. You think you're going to a dinner? You are NOT going to a dinner."

And both of us immediately burst out laughing because it is SOOOOO not me to say something like that!

And for the record - he is NOT going to the dinner. I hate that his stuid company is so anti-family. No spouses allowed. What kind of crap is that??? He gets filet mignon and expensive wine and I'll probably have cereal...

Ok, I am doing it again...
#5 of 21 Old 04-19-2006, 10:51 PM

ah Luckylady - you had me laughing out loud. Thanks!
#6 of 21 Old 04-19-2006, 10:52 PM

I'm with you ladies on the cranky thing. My poor Mom is here visiting and painting two bedrooms for me and all I can do is whine and complain and contradict everything she says. While we don't agree on everything I know it is totally me being unreasonable. Why can't I stop??? I really don't want to be awful...it just seems to be happening. I keep thinking it is lack of sleep, but if that is the case man what will I be like with a newborn and a three year old...Yikes!
#7 of 21 Old 04-20-2006, 11:15 AM

I'm soooooo in the cranky club too ya'll. I don't post much because this has been a very eventful pregnancy for me. seems i'm always searching for something instead of just getting on to join in the chatting! But, I will say i have definately noticed this too. Just don't feel like chatting, hate being asked, "so when are you due". i'm just feeling soooooo cranky.
#8 of 21 Old 04-20-2006, 11:53 AM

Kat- right there with you.

Cheryl- thanks for the laugh! :

I'm cranky too sometimes... mostly I am just withdrawing a bit and then I feel like I'm supposed to make conversation or whatever and the next thing I know I don't sound very nice. Thankfully I'm not like that all the time, just when I need some quiet time, which isn't happening!
#9 of 21 Old 04-20-2006, 12:31 PM

I threw a shoe across the room this morning (not AT anyone). Seriously. :
#10 of 21 Old 04-20-2006, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, withdrawn is a big part of this, too. I've made some new friends recently and should be keeping up with them, but I just don't feel like making calls and dates and such. I just want them to come to my house and feed me.

I snapped a little at dd yesterday but I also apologized and helped her apologize to me for making such a big mess in the bathroom and not cleaning it up. It was sweet. We said our sorries and she gave me a big hug and kiss and said, "I LOVE you, mama!" At least I know she and I can make up.

I'm really holding my tongue with dh. We've had a lot of job excitement around her in the last few weeks that's a nice distraction, something we're working on together, so I think that's really helping.

#11 of 21 Old 04-20-2006, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Cheryl you're too funny!

I know what you mean Kat. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything. I just want people to love on me and feed me. But then I just want them to leave me alone and leave the food at the door. I'm withdrawing some also. I'm glad I get a lot of time to myself as everyone's so busy. That's good as it seems to be getting harder to keep the in check.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#12 of 21 Old 04-20-2006, 03:49 PM

Well, I've been awful the past couple of weeks too. I am soooooo ready to be done with daycare! I have 7 kids ages 17 months-5 years, and patience level is ZIP! But the worst part is that my niece's mom had a massive stroke on Easter Sunday (she's only 35 ) and they will be pulling the plug on her tomorrow, probably. And all I can do (to myself) is complain about how tired and sore I am. I feel like the worlds WORST person ever.:

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#13 of 21 Old 04-21-2006, 12:37 AM

I predict I will move on to the evil stage a week and a half from now.
#14 of 21 Old 04-21-2006, 09:02 AM

Yeah, here we come!
#15 of 21 Old 04-21-2006, 12:55 PM

I'm definitely getting to the end of my rope. But I tend to cry. I get overwhelmed and . I feel like I just want to sit and veg or sleep, but it doesn't seem to happen.
#16 of 21 Old 04-21-2006, 01:57 PM

evil evil mamas shame on you !! LOL!

I am glad none of you saw me at the grocery today. I was so ready to tell the cashier to stop having conversation with the woman in front of me and ring up my !@#$ groceries already!!! People probably think I was major evil mama-I was griping all the way through the store-this is probably why I try to not leave the house anymore. On top of that my pants were getting on my nerves I was having to pull them up like every 10 seconds!!!ds grabbed my pocket to get my attention and they almost fell completely down. HOpefully I didn't moon anyone. This will all seem so funny later I am sure.

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#17 of 21 Old 04-21-2006, 05:49 PM

OMG! I'm right there with you. NOTHING to hold my pants up at all... and dd (5) always pulls right at my waistband to get my attention.

I've already been going around in public wiht my belly hanging out to be seen, normally I'm pretty modest but I just don't give a rip right now, not to mention my clothes don't fit and I'm not about to go shopping this late in the game! So there.

Cranky enough yet? I'm having some meanie cramps right now.
#18 of 21 Old 04-21-2006, 07:31 PM

is this what is happening to me?????

I've been wondering....
#19 of 21 Old 04-21-2006, 07:37 PM

My pants won't stay up either..and I am SOO emotional right now. I basically have been bawling on and off for 3 days about various things....things I would usually sniffle about will set me on a 3-hour crying jag. AT WORK. So frustrating. I am not so physically uncomfortable but the emotions are killing me.
#20 of 21 Old 04-24-2006, 05:22 PM

Absolutely. I am hungry all the time, and when I am hungry, I am not nice. I feel like I need to tell dh to just leave the house at dinnertime and come back when I am full...because I will be so snotty to him in the meantime. He doesn't deserve any of it, really, he doesn't. But just like you all, I find myself contradicting him when he tries to make a suggestion or playing hard to get when he is actually being romantic.
And clerks and cashiers...don't even go there. Since I have no ongoing friendship with them, they all must just think I am huge B-witch.
#21 of 21 Old 04-24-2006, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

I started having lots of BH this weekend and that didn't help my mood. But dh and I laughed and decided to make this time exciting and fun and look at it all as "we're almost there" than the awful tease those contractions can be. It was hard but his laughter kept my spirits up. He was also incredibly helpful with dd1 and the garden this weekend so that helped a lot.

But man...the hunger! I know the last month is all about making the baby fat, and this baby must be trying to break a record. On Saturday we woke up and I insisted we go out to breakfast because I said there wasn't enough food in this house to satisfy my hunger. But I can't actually eat a large meal because she's finally occupying the top part of my uterus. Which also means I have heartburn! Gah.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page