Too tired to nest! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-20-2006, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have so many things I want to do right now, but I am not doing any of them! I'm so tired. I only have a few weeks until my due date, I hope I can get my house cleaned by then.

When will I nest?
#2 of 9 Old 04-20-2006, 02:26 PM

It's funny. With my dd I remember nesting plenty by this time and I just can't get myself together this time around. Perhaps it's Denial?? LOL

Honestly, my mom says that both my sis and I came along when she finally decided, like 2 days before each of us was born, to scrub walls, floors, etc. She seems to think that the babies like to come into the world when it's least convenient or when we're most exhausted. Such sweet things aren't they!!
#3 of 9 Old 04-20-2006, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was here a few weeks ago. So exhausted and completely overwhelmed with what I needed to do. Then I just picked something and started doing it and before I knew it I'd worked like 12 hours or so and worn myself out. Ugh, not good. I learned (sort of) after a coulple of times of that! So I say pick a project and just see where it leads, just don't pull a mamacat and poop yourself out!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#4 of 9 Old 04-20-2006, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Well I managed to clean most of the house.... now maybe I will be able to food shop tomorrow.
#5 of 9 Old 04-20-2006, 11:59 PM

With my other 4 I never get anything done like it needs to be I still have some sewing to get done & everyday I have been working on that~ sitting for long periods just hurt me though~

I keep telling myself this is still easier than with a baby!

Warmly,
Melissa
#6 of 9 Old 04-21-2006, 02:00 AM

I've actually been breaking down and crying because my rugs are dirty. There is fur and hay and bunny pellets and tiny pieces of paper all over and I can no longer vaccuum. Morale is low over here. DH has been so busy at work that all I can do is sit in the filthy apt. I actually sat down outside on the stoop today just to get out of the messy house.

DH finally got around to vaccuuming the living room and kitchen today. I just forced him to do the bedroom about 1/2 an hour ago (its 1am mind you) and am waiting up until he does the baby's room. I've officially lost it with the cleaning. YUCK!

Anybody else really really want to nest but not physically able to? Man it sucks....

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#7 of 9 Old 04-21-2006, 12:24 PM

oh i can understand. I was on bedrest since Thanksgiving and with 5 other kids in the house, YOU must be able to understand how NOT clean my house is!! And with all the bedrest my body just isn't physically able to do much!
I am dialated to a 4 and very thinned, so I just can't walk much either, lol!

I do *think* about all sorts of things i would like to get done, but until I have my body back, it just ain't happening!!

Maybe I will start the announcements today....maybe not.

hehe
#8 of 9 Old 04-21-2006, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

I got to the food store. It was the most enhausting trip ever. Our cart was half full when DS (and then I) realized that the belt that hold him in does not stay tight... so he either wanted me to carry him, stood up in the cart (safety issue), or walked (while of course trying to grab everything). I hope this baby comes before I have to go back there.

I truly don't remember being this big or tired with ds. If this baby is bigger than him I may be in big trouble as he was9 pounds 5.5 ounces!

BTW, I hate to be such a complainer, but I make it a point IRL not to complain about my ds or being pregnant so I am using this board to vent.

Thanks for tolerating me.
#9 of 9 Old 04-22-2006, 12:59 PM

I just did a kitchen sink full of dishes and then had to sit down to relax as I was too winded to stand. So I'm on here.
Pretty sad isn't it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page