Saw newborn yesterday, went crazy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-21-2006, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

He was SO ADORABLE and so TINY and then I asked how much he weighed when he was born and the dad said 8lbs and that now he has gained a lot more etc etc...and i was thinking he was so small and he wasnt at all!!!
Man i really forgot everything. Its going to be SO WEIRD to have a tiny baby again. In a good way i mean, but still.
I guess what im trying to say is that it STILL HASNT REALLY HIT ME.

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#2 of 14 Old 04-21-2006, 12:22 PM

I've never had one so they all look tiny to me. Went to my LLL meeting Wednesday and there was a 6 months old. She had the cutest little toes. I was tempted to ask if I could touch her toes but then figured that would be weird. Can't wait till I can just marvel and touch my own baby...
#3 of 14 Old 04-21-2006, 01:50 PM

A friend brought by a 10 week old baby she was sitting for-he only weighed 11 lbs at 10 weeks-so he was just sooo tiny-to me anyway. I let her try my swing out on him and I got to feed him! My youngest is 6 so it was so wierd how natural it felt to hold a baby. I remember how scary it was the first time. Now I am so ready to hold this one. I can tell I am going to be a major baby hog! No one else will get to hold him for a while I didn't even want to share the baby my friend brought over-but I controlled myself very well.

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#4 of 14 Old 04-21-2006, 01:52 PM

Oh my gosh, it's hardly hit me too, and I've seen a couple of newborns recently. I am always so boggled by their tininess - DD was 6.6 - so not exactly huge, but even 10 pounders look so tiny right now that I could burst!

And as far as those scrumptious little toes go - I think alot of mamas would LOVE it if you asked if you could touch little toes (instead of little hands or faces) - It's a nice way to be able to get your fingers on somone's newborn (in a kind way!) and not worry the parents about weird germs on their fingers, etc, which they're liable to put in their mouths.

Oooo, cute little tiny grape toes. Eeee!
#5 of 14 Old 04-21-2006, 04:47 PM

This will be my first. They all look tiny to me too. I just went to a BRU baby shower, and there was a mama there with a tiny baby on her lap. DH asked me if I knew how old baby was around, I guessed 2-3 months, mama said 4. I can't believe how tiny a 4 month is!!! Makes me a little nervous that my baby will be SMALLER than that. Of course I don't know her history, baby could have been a preemie for all my untrained eyes know.

There were also no babies around when I was growing up. Sure, my mom worked in a pre-school and I helped out during the summers so changing diapers are ingrained in me now, but those kids were at least 6 months and older to be admitted to the school. I've really only held a new newborn maybe 10-15 times total. Last time was 2 years ago and the mom was crazy protective so I only held baby for like 5 minutes.

I can't wait to have and hold mine.

Oh, and I LOVE baby toes too. Little baby feet and socks kill me. A few months ago I broke down crying looking at baby shoes! DH thinks I'm nuts for having like 6 pairs of 0-6 month baby shoes, he says baby doesn't walk and doesn't need shoes. I think he's being fussy, hehe.

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#6 of 14 Old 04-21-2006, 05:55 PM

Oooooh, I wish somebody had a baby I could hold (or better yet, c'mon out Thumper)! I better plan on playgroup next week so I can hold my friend's 6 month old.
#7 of 14 Old 04-21-2006, 06:32 PM

One of our classmates from pretnatal yoga came into class this morning to show us her new little one. He was born at 35 weeks and only weighs 5 lbs. 15 oz. now at 2 weeks. He was so itty-bitty, but just beautiful! The thing that really hit me was that my baby is probably the same size as (or even larger) than her baby is right now, since she was due only 3 days before I am. WOW!!!!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#8 of 14 Old 04-21-2006, 06:36 PM

Ok, I'm the luckiest by far...I saw a 5 DAY OLD baby at the health food store last night in a sling with her dad. He was out picking up Floradix for her mama. She was sound asleep and mesmerizing. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her and her little cap of light brown hair. I wanted to steal her! Thankfully, I was able to restrain myself by remembering that I have one waiting in my belly to come out!
#9 of 14 Old 04-21-2006, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep, going nuts over the babies, that's me. No matter if I see them on TV, IRL, whatever, I just get sooo anxious all over again. Don't let DH be there 'cause then I start whining to him about how I want to hold my baby honey! Grumble, grumble, grumble, come out little baby!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#10 of 14 Old 04-21-2006, 11:59 PM

At my MOPS meeting the other day one woman brought two of her triplets (the other is still in NICU). I thought they were so freaking cute and tiny, and I couldn't believe that anyone could be that small! Then they told me that they were up to 7 pounds, which is how much DS was when he was born. I couldn't believe how tiny a 7-pounder really looks!!! :heart :heart :heart

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#11 of 14 Old 04-22-2006, 01:42 AM

I didn't realize this was a common end-of-pregnancy phenomenon! I was at a diaper circle today and there were all these moms with new babies nursing and I was just going nuts. I can't wait to nurse again! Which is hilarious to me because I was SO READY for dd to drop that very last nursing last August and finally did the weaning myself (it was gentle and actually made us closer in the end because I taught her how to ask for cuddles and comfort) and then got pg about 2 weeks later!

I really am getting the joneses for the smell and touch of a newborn...

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#12 of 14 Old 04-22-2006, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatSG

I really am getting the joneses for the smell and touch of a newborn...
YEA YEA YEA!!!
That!!!

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
#13 of 14 Old 04-22-2006, 09:28 PM

We saw a baby across from us at the park today. DH was like, "Was Quinn ever that little?" Well, that baby had to be 4-5 months old.

I just let him know that he was definitely smaller than that. Friends of ours just had a baby that was in the low 6 pound range, though, so I did point out to him that Quinn was never that little. (8 lb. 2 oz.)

I just can't wait to smell that new baby smell, see the little nursing blister (I know, I'm crazy, but I love those!!), and hold my baby.
#14 of 14 Old 04-22-2006, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I went and hung out with my good friend at her table with all kinds of baby goodies she had set up at a LLL conference today and all the babies there hanging out in their slings, laughing, crawling around, definitely did not help my longing for my babe to be in my arms! We need an impatiently waiting smilie.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page