Worst night so far.... (maybe TMI) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-22-2006, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like I slept maybe 2 hours last night-- I have NEVER been so uncomfortable! First off, my BHs have really really picked up at night, so every night when I go to bed I endure at least an hour of continuous BHs, which usually don't hurt, but I can definitely feel lots of pressure.

But last night, it was soooooo much worse-- I was gassy and with EVERY BH I felt like I was going to explode-- it was the worst gas pain I've ever had PLUS feeling like the contractions were going to cause my intestines to rupture. It was horrible, I woke up my DH at 2:30 in the morning because I was crying due to the pain. I didn't really fall asleep until 3 am, then woke up at least once an hour with the horrendous pain.

I'm praying that tonight will be better, I haven't ever been so uncomfortable in my life. And I couldn't for the life of me find a position that was bearable. Anyone else deal with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 04-22-2006, 09:21 AM

I'm sorry you had such a crummy night! I had a BH wake me up last night, which has only happened once before. This time I was gassy too so it hurt when it usually doesn't. I was able to lay curled up on my side more comfortably than on my back, which is how I was laying when it woke me up (oops). Thankfully, it only happened once and only kept me awake a few minutes. I hope you sleep better tonight.
#3 of 8 Old 04-22-2006, 11:18 AM

Not with gas but I have terrible heartburn and have even had reflux a handful of times - nothing as fun as waking up choking on your own puke. Fun stuff.

I am very very very uncomfortable. At 11:00 when the heartburn strikes I wind up sleeping on the couch sitting up for a few hours after eating 5 or so Tums. it helps.

Hope you get some rest today and sleep well tonight!
#4 of 8 Old 04-22-2006, 11:30 AM

Those hard nights are just so difficult!
#5 of 8 Old 04-22-2006, 12:58 PM

I hear ya on this one! I am woken nightly w/bh and/or prodromal labor, and if I have to use the bathroom it is sooo much worse. I know it is not appealing to get out of bed in the middle of the night, but maybe if it happens again you could try using the bathroom, walking around a bit, papaya or tums - maybe you will get some relief. And I thought the first trimester was bad! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#6 of 8 Old 04-22-2006, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Walking around and going to the bathroom didn't help last night, but I haven't tried Tums (not sure what the French equivalent is) or papaya. Does the papaya need to be fresh, or can it be juice?

I'll do whatever I can to avoid another night like that (no more lentil soup for me until baby gets here! ).

I had a nap this afternoon so I'm feeling more human.

I'm sorry to see there are so many of us with these kinds of problems-- acid reflux sounds beyond awful.

Sigh. We're almost there, right??
#7 of 8 Old 04-22-2006, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylizah
Sigh. We're almost there, right??

I'm sorry you had such an aweful restless night but am glad you're feeling a little better today. I get the really hurty gassiness sometimes too. Hang in there mama!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#8 of 8 Old 04-23-2006, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylizah
but I haven't tried Tums (not sure what the French equivalent is) or papaya. Does the papaya need to be fresh, or can it be juice?
Papaya has natural digestive enzymes, so it can be very helpful w/upset tummies. They sell papaya tablets at most Health Food Stores, for a more concentrated effect. Hope it helps for you!

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page