getting so emotional - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-23-2006, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just read our "Welcome to the World Babies" stickey and started to cry. I can't believe that it is May's turn already. All those beautiful babies.

Just 2 weeks for me now and we are so ready. The waiting is getting really hard, kwim?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2006, 10:55 AM

I am right there with you! The waiting is the hardest part - and knowing that it's RIGHT here, really, just ready to pounce on us anytime as the other May babies are starting to pop like jiffypop - it's hard to contain my overwhelming emotion about the whole thing. I've been really on a pretty even keel emotionally through the pregnancy, but now - whew, it's all out the window. I just wanna hold this little spring sprout and give her kisses on her face.

But it really can't be long now, right? In the grand scheme of the universe and everything...
Old 04-23-2006, 11:01 AM

Right there with you!
Old 04-23-2006, 02:36 PM

Impatiently waiting here! But, I think my baby is also impatient. LOTS of BH this morning. Took a long time to figure out its not the real thing, but my mws want to see me tomorrow. Lets hope for all this pain I've progressed some!

Keep reminding myself how worth it my little one will be. Every BH, every ache and pain bring me closer to meeting my babe.

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

Old 04-23-2006, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep, I'm about to cry right now...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Old 04-23-2006, 05:10 PM

since finding out i was pg i have been telling myself that the baby would be late....at least a week past EDD. however, now that i'm 37w i'm so ready for baby to come NOW!!!!!! i can't believe how impatient i'm getting about waiting! and everytime i have BH or any other twinge in my cervix or that area, my hopes start to rise....

i keep making plans to go do stuff just to try to keep my mind off the waiting. but holding and seeing babies (i have friends with young babes) just makes me want mine so much more.

not to mention, i'm so ready to feel comfortable in my own body again...no more weight gain! no more sleeping on my side (all night)! no more funky pains!

oh, baby, please come soon!

Mama to Butterfly, B(ee), Bug, and Laniecakes

Old 04-23-2006, 05:53 PM

I have found myself concentrationg really hard trying to telepathically communicate with the baby that it is time to come out soon. So far no word back from him though

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
Old 04-23-2006, 09:08 PM

I'm hoping my little squirmer stays put for a little while still. I'm 37 weeks today and I've been telling myself all along that the baby will be late, so I've managed to convince myself so far that anytime in mid/late May is fine. I hope the baby agrees, because I'm counting on being pregnant still for the next 3-5 weeks to really be ready!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:54 AM

ugh i dont even know how i want to feel.
all this time, being on bedrest, trying to keep baby in and now, im off bedrest and my body is so unused to being active that i feel like if i do what ive been doing for the past few days (walk around, be active) that i will go in labor.
but i dont know if i feel that way because thats my mind has been conditioned that it is what will happen or because thats what i WANT to happen or what. like i am very confused
but there is no stopping being active now that the bedrest is officially done with...its simply not possible. So i decided to just trust my body and be patient.

though its SO HARD!!!

Happy mama to my four girls S 8.15.02 , L 04.25.06 (gone at 36 weeks ) and L 3.10.07.And another rainbow! Baby C has arrived 10.26.10!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:35 AM

I've got a little over a week and I'm sooo not ready! We've got so much to do since we just moved and the baby's room isn't even finished painted yet! Not that she's going to sleep in there anyway, but I do need a place to keep all her clothes and things! Right now they are all in the garage. I have been having tons of ctx today, and they feel stronger than the braxton hicks (or bricks hymans as my dh hilariously called them) I have been having. Not regular though. I need this baby to stay in for at least another week!

I totally blew up at my dh today. He kind of griped when I asked him to do a few things and I completely flipped out. I mean, I'm 9 months pregnant and racing around to get everything done and he's complaining about his freaking allergies!!!! Give me a break! After that though he definitely got on the ball though and he's still up now working on putting together our new entertainment center even though he should be sleeping. I've got to go to the doc tomorrow morning and I so don't want to even go. It seems like such a waste of time. I wish I could've had a midwife.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:45 PM

mamas!
Old 04-24-2006, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, what Michelle said. Big hugs mamas! We're almost there!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

User Tag List