anyone else feel like baby is about fall out? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
he's not even entirely engaged yet (no longer floating, but still at a high station) and only a fingertip dilated. but every once in awhile...like a few times a day...i feel like he's just about to slide right out. like if i just pushed a little....it's such a strange sensation. it also feels like my water could just break at any time. it's not very comfortable or a nice feeling...i guess it just means my body is preparing and getting ready. i don't remember feeling this at all with dd. i still think i'll be pg for a good 3 or more weeks yet.

any one else having similar sensations?

Mama to Butterfly, B(ee), Bug, and Laniecakes

#2 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 06:23 PM

Ditto that. Baby turns his/her head and I swear I can feel my water bag squishing around. It's weeeeird... I remember this feeling with ds and I was walking around 4cm, 90% and my bag of waters bulging.

I also look like baby is gonna slide right out, my belly is just sooo low and tear drop shaped (used to be basketball round).
#3 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 08:27 PM

I feel the same way, but went to the doc today and only 60% effaced, and maybe a fingertip dilated if that. However, I was measuring 33 weeks!!! He said the baby is so low that the only thing keeping him from us from holding him is my cervix...
#4 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 08:29 PM

this is funny! i didnt look at the forum this was in and just assumed babywearing from the title and was looking to see what type of carrier was being used!! well, i assure you, YOUR babe is safe as can be!
enjoy the rest of your preg...sorry for butting in!
rach
#5 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 08:46 PM

LOL at Rachel...

oh yes it does feel like he is just going to fall right out. if only that was all it took huh?
#6 of 15 Old 04-24-2006, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisraeltax
this is funny! i didnt look at the forum this was in and just assumed babywearing from the title and was looking to see what type of carrier was being used!! well, i assure you, YOUR babe is safe as can be!
enjoy the rest of your preg...sorry for butting in!
rach
:
#7 of 15 Old 04-25-2006, 12:13 AM

Yes, I felt like this most of the weekend, but it's gone away. This baby kind of gets her head in, then gets it out again. I guess that's normal for a 2nd baby.

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#8 of 15 Old 04-25-2006, 11:56 AM

I've started to fill that way this morning and when I got to work everyone said I look like the baby is going to fall out. So I guess she has finally dropped and it won't be too much long. I am so uncomfortable now and just a little pushing makes it feel better. I'm not sure if I can feel the bag of water or not, but I can feel her poking my cervix ALL THE TIME it hurts so bad. I'm waiting for my mucus plug to come out and then i know I have a few days to go. It happened that way with my other two. I'm so excited to hold this new little one. I'm 36wks 2days so I am so close.
#9 of 15 Old 04-25-2006, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep, I feel like baby's just gonna slip right out. Somedays more than others though. Geez, what a sensation when he or she gets ahold of my bladder!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#10 of 15 Old 04-26-2006, 12:22 AM

This afternoon my DH said, "Honey you're waddling".

Yeah, that's 'cause there is a baby head in the way!
#11 of 15 Old 04-26-2006, 10:32 AM

Can I ask what it feels like if your bag of waters is bulging? I've had swelling and pressure down there but lately every now and again it feels like was said, baby is about to fall out. The feeling will go away but then come back. I first felt it when i got out of the truck to go into a store the other day. it feels like the "something" is in between my legs? is this the water?

it makes me nervous because my first was 36 weeks starting with membrane rupture, my second 39 weeks with rupture during labor. So I'm half expecting my water to go at the start. I'm 35 weeks 1 day so i want to hold in a little longer. should i take it easy so as not to giggle the water bag?? does that matter?
#12 of 15 Old 04-26-2006, 02:14 PM

Hmm, for me it felt funny like something down there but I didn't know what it was until midwife told me. I get similar feelings now so I guess my water could be bulging or it's just cervical activity. Neither of my births began with rupture though...
#13 of 15 Old 04-26-2006, 03:51 PM

Ditto all that. But today I have much more pressure than I usually have.

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#14 of 15 Old 04-26-2006, 04:35 PM

Me too Sydnee... I had a chiro adjustment today though, so that probably has something to do with it!
#15 of 15 Old 04-26-2006, 06:03 PM

hmmmm, well my midwives don't do checks unless i ask so i'm guessing i won't find out!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page