Signs the end is near... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 04-28-2006, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinda
Oh, yeah, continuously losing the plug here, too. Lots of icky mucous. Just waiting for the bloody show, too.
Me too. And, of course, even knowing what a mucous plug is, let alone the willingness to talk about it to people, is a sign in itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 04-28-2006, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady
Oh man - LMAO here. SOOOOOOO true. My nailcutters are STILL under my nightstand where the fell, and I, like slow motion movie, yelled "noooooooooo" as they were falling from my fingers.
:
#33 of 40 Old 04-28-2006, 04:05 AM

You're afraid the baby's going to drop out whenever you sit on the toilet.

Mama to DD (5) DD (3) and DS (2 months)
#34 of 40 Old 04-28-2006, 05:11 AM

You are sitting up reading this silly thread, because laying down hurts and "are those REAL contractions this time or what?" I've gone to the toilet like 6 times in the last hour, and then sit there feeling pressure but nothing coming out.

Laying down does hurt, but I can't sit up ALL NIGHT... so what to do? What to do?

I had to run to Target on Tuesday, and I picked out some baby clothes, and thought to myself, "If I walked enough that I actually made my water break, would Target give me these few groceries and baby clothes as a gift just to get me out of the store more quickly?.... Nahhhh"
#35 of 40 Old 04-28-2006, 01:20 PM

last week, dd (2.5) wanted me to paint her toenails. then she wanted me to paint my toe nails too. i struggled to get the polish on them. she then wanted to try it... so i let her paint my second set of nails....at the end, you couldn't tell who did what foot! hopefully baby will be here before sandle season is in full swing

Mama to Butterfly, B(ee), Bug, and Laniecakes

#36 of 40 Old 04-28-2006, 01:53 PM

Ow, ow, ow! I have a torn muscle in my abdominal wall and it hurts to laugh!

I HAVE to get up between 2 - 3 AM every night to eat SOMETHING or I wake up and can't go back to sleep by 5:30 or so. If I eat in the middle of the night, I can sleep till the late hour of 7:30 or so (can you tell I am NOT a morning person?!?)

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#37 of 40 Old 04-28-2006, 02:01 PM

this morning opened a bottle of water-which I chugged down-because I can't drink anything at night or I get heartburn. Dropped the lid-managed to pick it up-immediately dropped it again-kicked it under the bed and figured I would wait until this baby was crawling and could find it himself.

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#38 of 40 Old 04-29-2006, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown eyed girls
You are sitting up reading this silly thread, because laying down hurts and "are those REAL contractions this time or what?" I've gone to the toilet like 6 times in the last hour, and then sit there feeling pressure but nothing coming out.

Laying down does hurt, but I can't sit up ALL NIGHT... so what to do? What to do?
Ha!! This is me right now. We have a firm mattress, which I usually love, but it just plain HURTS to be in bed right now so I'm up here after a potty stop. It's also hot here tonight and I'm just so freakin' miserable. I think I may just have to sleep on the couch.

This baby squirms and pushes so much--which believe me, I love--but tonight it was really painful. Dh said he thought she was confused and was trying to "hatch" as it seemed like she was trying to push her way out of my belly button!

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#39 of 40 Old 05-05-2006, 12:12 AM

This is a much-needed, fun thread.

Heartburn and endless pillow propping to find a comfortable position to sleep.

Twitchy legs!!

And, the fact that the toys my four-year-old leaves on her bedroom floor are now an insurmountable obstacle. I've just been closing her door.

I also now limit myself to getting down on all fours once-per-day to clean-up the Living Room of toys to my satisfaction.

And, calendar watching....
#40 of 40 Old 05-05-2006, 05:26 AM

I am loving this thread because it is all so true!! The constant pooping, crazy ass heartburn, can't bend over, bruised pelvis...I could go on and on!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page