Signs the end is near... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You never thought about your cervix before, but you're now comfortable discussing it with the in-laws, or strangers in the grocery.

Deodorant - no longer just for underarms, it's now for under-boobs and under-belly. (Tell me I'm not the only sweaty one!)

Someone else has to tie your shoes for you.

Baby has "dropped" - meaning, you can no longer hoist your pants up high enough to meet the bottom edge of your longest maternity shirt.

EVERYONE you see asks you how you're feeling. (You're feeling sick of people asking questions, mostly..)

People think it's funny to comment on your girth.

Getting up off the couch from a reclining position requires the assistance of at least one other person.

Add more if you have them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

How could I forget...

WATER gives you heartburn. As does milk.
#3 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 04:20 AM

Quote:
WATER gives you heartburn. As does milk.
:

How about pooping 3-4 times a day? Gosh I hope that's a sign the end is near.
#4 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 04:35 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm glad I'm not the only frequent pooper.
#5 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 09:19 AM

Your phone rings a dozen times a day....which you don't answer because you are sick of talking to people....everyone is "just checking in to see how you are doing."

I know they mean well...and I'm blessed to have such a large circle of family/friends but ugh. Stop calling. I haven't even hit my due date yet!!!!
#6 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 09:48 AM

YOu have to help your legs off the bed-I feel like I am 90 yrs old!!

I am changing my phone message to-"no we haven't had the baby yet-don't you think I would call you and tell you if I had!!!!"

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#7 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 10:36 AM

Ugh, like a beached whale in bed or on the couch. I wanna relax again without having to roll out of bed or request assistance getting out of the couch!

Cervical twinges and feelings of my water bag being squished around (so paranoid it's gonna break).

Otherwise I'm feeling good. Baby is so darn low that I don't have heartburn anymore!
#8 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 10:56 AM

When you stand after sitting, you need to stay still for a minute until the bruised pelvis feeling passes.

You can't reach the emergency brake release in the car ( true story folks )

Who knew skin to be so ITCHY for no reason???

and oh yes, the frequent pooping. Wish my body was always THIS effecient!

HOT flashes. HOT all the time. I stick my head in the freezer to cool off.
#9 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 11:11 AM

Hot Flashes!! I hope this isn't like menopause. Mine is seeing something fall out of my hands and dreading that I have to get ALL the way down to the floor to pick it up, then get ALL the way back up again.

Have my Dr. appt. today and am hoping that I have not lost fluid and won't have to be medically induced. Wish me luck!!
#10 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 11:15 AM

how about your baby waking you up to eat a sandwhich at 2 am?? Im hungry all the freaking time.

Or people looking at you in horror at the grocery store as if a baby is going to drop out of you at any moment....
#11 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 11:39 AM

when you cough you have to check if you peed or your water has broken

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#12 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 11:44 AM

: And also when you feel a trickle or gush-like and you wonder if it's your waters breaking and when you check it's another rush of cervical fluid. :
#13 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 11:49 AM

Quote:
when you cough you have to check if you peed or your water has broken

I'm not even at my due date yet people!!!!
I'm starting to dread going to work. Everyone asks "So you haven't had the baby yet?" (mentally: oh, gave birth last week. This is just a basketball under my shirt)
"So when's baby coming?" (You're asking me? I would be the last one to know! Why don't you just come closer, ask my belly that question)
"Are you scheduled?" (Huh, yeah, I'm on the schedule to work a shift today) "No, does your dr have your induction scheduled?" (No, not planning one) "oh, I didn't know they still let you do that!" (*let* me do "that"???!!!!)
#14 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 12:00 PM

Ugh, I know! I overheard two women at the grocery store discussing how awful it was for a pregnant lady who wasn't due for *three* more *weeks*... and how they hoped she'd go early or be induced. Um, like hello?

God forbid the doctors "allow" a woman to go all the way to 37 weeks. What an awful mindset!

eta: when I went back to work after my first baby was born (my only hospital birth) I had a few co-workers make odd comments, then I realized they assumed that I had a c-section (no particular reason). I mean, they just assumed unless you said otherwise it was a c-section.
#15 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 12:53 PM

I've got all the above, except the peeing! I have no idea how I avoided that this time. I had it last time. And I don't kegal. I'm sure it will be back after the birth.

For me I've got my to do list of things that gave to get done...and I'm a little afraid to get a few of the ones that have really been looming over my head because I'm afraid that when I do--BAM! the baby will come. And I'm not exactly ready.

I hear ya BBM about the inductions. There is a baby boom at dh's office and he came home all sad that a mom was going to be induced next Monday if she didn't go before then. At least she's already 40 weeks as of yesterday. Did you all know that in France full term is 42 weeks? I wonder if US OBs know this.

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#16 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 12:59 PM

Oh i have never been told how GOOD I look!
I just want to ask the next person, does that mean I didnt' look good before??
EVeryone comes up (even people i dont' know) tellingme how GREAT I look, lolololol.
I have to laugh otherwise i would be paranoid on how I look, lol

My gf keeps calling to see if anything has *happened*. She looks for all the *signs* and got totally excited when yesterday I was CLEANING!!
I am like...he will be here in the next few weeks, HONESTLY!!
#17 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 01:03 PM

oh i am just LAUGHING at all of this!!
Mostly because it is sooo TRUE!!

People are NERVOUS to be around me!!!
I dont' think it is becuase i am getting close to my due date, it is mostly because i am dialated to a 5 and my labors are VERY VERY quick!!
#18 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 01:07 PM

No more room so baby thinks it needs to be in your ribs

Being so thirsty that you drink water all the time and then makes u have to pee every 20 minutes

Feeling like the baby is poking you cervix into swiss cheese

Leg cramps

Hearing every 5 secs if I have any contractions!!!!(yes, but doesn't mean I'm in labor people!!!)

Having people say "You're going to pop", thanks for saying in a nice way I'm fat lol
#19 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatSG
Did you all know that in France full term is 42 weeks? I wonder if US OBs know this.
Just popping back in to say that full-term here is 41 weeks and you have basically no chance of being allowed to go more than 5 days past that before they induce.

That said, in one of my birth prep classes, the mw told us that roughly 50% of women give birth 1 week before their due dates and roughly 50% on or just after their due dates.

So, yeah, it's incredibly shocking to me that in the US it's considered *normal* to induce at 37 weeks!!

But back to the thread topic-- how about the people (mostly women) who staaaaaaaare at you as you waddle up the street as if they've never seen a pregnant woman before and are expecting to have to pick your baby up off the ground for you as you walk past them?

And another sign-- when you drop something on the floor, your first thought is "Oh, cr*p", because you know it's gonna take 10 minutes to get close enough to the ground to pick it up, and 10 minutes to get fully upright again.
#20 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 01:57 PM

Oh, these are GREAT!!!!!!!! I'm getting so many of those!

I'll add: you know you're getting to the end when your DH comes home from walking the dog, does the dishes (not bothering to come in to where you're lying on the bed, reading) and you freak out, b/c "he just doesn't care anymore!" (He was doing the dishes that I *can't* do anymore, b/c the belly bumps into the sink!)

Sheesh.

And then I made him eat pizza for dinner, b/c I had a craving (me, the non-pizza person). Oh so yummy... garlic and red pepper flakes!
#21 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Or people looking at you in horror at the grocery store as if a baby is going to drop out of you at any moment....
Oh yeah! I'm getting this one! Although it seems to be working to my advantage....people are actually letting me go ahead of them in line! Like I think they are afraid I'm going to give birth right then and there if they don't let me through.

And when I have my DD with me they all help me unload my cart and shake their heads and whisper about how I'm REALLY going to have my hands full.
#22 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 03:20 PM

You know you are at the end when....

The baggers at the grocery store pack your bags soooo light there are only 2 things in each bag (resulting in 20 bags per grocery shopping trip!)

By 11:00 am you are already starting to think of nap time.

You take advantage of your 3 yr old DS's interest in helping - especially when you drop things or have to get things out of a bottom cabinet! (Poor little guy )

The idea of going more than 20 miles from the house freaks you out!

You wake 20 times a night and think..."What just woke me? Is this is? Could I be going into labor?"

You wake up and feel funny and don't know why. After much investigation, you find you have to *poop* and then you find that you are hungry! (My DH could not understand how I didn't know this is what was going on! I said, "scrunch up all your internal organs, add another human being in there and tell me you know what is what!")

Keep them coming, this is a fun, fun thread.

Traci
#23 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Adam
The baggers at the grocery store pack your bags soooo light there are only 2 things in each bag (resulting in 20 bags per grocery shopping trip!)
OMG, this is SO TRUE! I usually go grocery shopping with my DH, but last week, I had to go by myself and I had to reassure the bagger three times that I was on my way to pick my husband up at work and that he was going to carry the groceries in the house for me! (And then the manager came up and asked me AGAIN if I had someone to help me carry those into my house -- what were they going to do, follow me home and carry them in???)

Heck, I'd rather carry a heavier bag than take two trips back in -- I can lift things pretty easily (unless the belly gets in the way) but walking, that's painful!
#24 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 04:39 PM

:

i think i've experienced every single one of these wonderful "signs" so far...

successful #2 Jan. 25th - welcome Maisie Elise!
#25 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 05:19 PM

do you check the tp every time you go pee-just to see if there is any sign of your mucus plug?

#26 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 05:30 PM

sorry for crashing your ddc i just couldnt help but feeling so jealous!

you will have your beautiful newborns soon, the excitement of the birth, the babymoon...

i cant believe my sophie is 5 months old now it has gone in the blink of an eye

i wish you all the most peaceful, fulfilling, joyous births and babymoons possible
#27 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnutter
do you check the tp every time you go pee-just to see if there is any sign of your mucus plug?

Thanks for the wishes, Vanessa
#28 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnutter
yep, except the plug has already passed, so now i'm looking for show

successful #2 Jan. 25th - welcome Maisie Elise!
#29 of 40 Old 04-27-2006, 11:34 PM

:

Quote:
And another sign-- when you drop something on the floor, your first thought is "Oh, cr*p", because you know it's gonna take 10 minutes to get close enough to the ground to pick it up, and 10 minutes to get fully upright again.
Oh man - LMAO here. SOOOOOOO true. My nailcutters are STILL under my nightstand where the fell, and I, like slow motion movie, yelled "noooooooooo" as they were falling from my fingers.

Another thing I am experiencing that i didn't with DD - red, blotchy skin. Seriously, it's quite gross!
#30 of 40 Old 04-28-2006, 12:07 AM

Oh, yeah, continuously losing the plug here, too. Lots of icky mucous. Just waiting for the bloody show, too.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page