Grouchy... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 04-30-2006, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't like myself much right now. : The baby's kicks are hurting me, literally hurting (which I thank God for because it means baby is okay, but it still hurts!), the prodromal labor is bugging me and I'm just plain grumpy.

Dd climbed into bed with us last night at 2:30am and coughed once, then just started barfing all over the place... the homemade pizza I made yesterday, and hers had pepperoni on it. There was a trail from our bed, to the trash can in the kitchen, through the dining room (which unfortunately is carpeted) and in the bathroom. YUCK. It took dh and I an hour to get things cleaned up and some spare sheets on the bed so we could go back to sleep... and I laid there for an hour trying to get comfortable.

Whine, whine, whine. I think I need to go buy some cheese to go with it. I should just go back to bed I think.
#2 of 21 Old 04-30-2006, 02:24 PM

What a day

I hear ya on the painful kicks. Sometimes s/he kicks so hard I jump, and I think GAHHH that hurts!!! but it's still nice to know s/he is doing okay in there. I was saying on another board, this last month is like Pregnancy Purgatory. It's so hard to keep from being a grouchy beast from hell while I'm waiting to meet the baby!

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#3 of 21 Old 04-30-2006, 02:30 PM

I'll join you ladies in the grumpy corner. The kicks are hurting (though of course, even as I wince in pain I'm relieved-- ah, motherhood!), the BHs at night keep me awake, I'm weepy and hormonal and my pelvis hurts a lot.

And for some reason our beloved cat decided last night to turn into the monster beast from h*ll and made our lives miserable, meaning I only got like 5 hours of sleep. Not helping the grumpiness, kitty...!

Purgatory is right. And the worst is not knowing when exactly all this will be over!
#4 of 21 Old 04-30-2006, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I hate it when the kicks are so painful that I involuntarily jump. I'm sure people are wondering what's going on with me! But if baby doesn't kick like that, I worry.

#5 of 21 Old 04-30-2006, 02:39 PM

Another grouch over here. I had a meltdown this morning b/c the banana nut muffin I was craving and paid an arm and a leg for turned out to have raisins in it. My little one's kicks--more like stretches, actually--have also turned painful, and I'm only 36 weeks! I'm terrified she's going to come super early (too much to do), but equally terrified of being pregnant for another 6 whole weeks (if she goes to 42).

Gah. Everyone's invited to my place for a pity party.
#6 of 21 Old 04-30-2006, 02:46 PM

Ugh. I hear ya! This morning I was having major pains on my side. I don't know how the baby actually does this, but somehow it moves a certain way and I think it pinches a nerve or something. It hurts so bad! It feels like when you run for awhile or walk really fast and you get that sharp pain in your side and need to slooow down. Ya, it's just LOVELY.

BusyBusymomma - Your puke story brought back all those fond memories I have of when DD was a baby and spit up all over, all the time. Oh what fun that was. I mean, baby puke is one thing but 5yr old puke?? Now, that's a whole other thing entirely!
#7 of 21 Old 04-30-2006, 03:27 PM

Yup. Thought we were gonna have the baby yesterday, contrax every ten to fifteen minutes the night before, contrax all morning every five, then in the afternoon every 3 then 2...and stronger and longer(but still felt like we had time)...called the midwife, she said, "well you have a hyper active uterus, call me later if you really start feeling like you need us." Over the course of the next two hours the contrax all but STOPPED. :

At least I don't have a toddler puking on me...

I have to say, as horrible as it sounds, that kind of made me feel a little bit better...

(oh, I AM EVIL!)
#8 of 21 Old 04-30-2006, 03:59 PM

I am all hormaonal and weepy-dh and teenager manchild are the grouchy ones AAARGH!!! The are arguing and griping at each other all the time. If stress will keep you from going into labor I may never have tis baby.

Went to the grocery today and had CX the whole time-must be the awful muzac because everytime I go there I start having awful cx!! came home took a shower and went to bed for a nap-got up only to find that the men beasties are arguing again-tooo much testosterone in this house---oh why couldn't this one be a girl!!

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#9 of 21 Old 04-30-2006, 04:35 PM

:

all of it. the painful kicks/stretches, the meltdowns over *nothing*, ctx that go nowhere, soooo tired (which isn't helping my mood) but there's no point trying to sleep because i can't get comfortable, i'm constantly hungry, i have 24/7 heartburn...and i think this little darlin' is trying to *tear* my cervix open...at least, that's what it feels like. my belly is so big at this point, it's almost easier to jump in the shower after i go to the bathroom than to try and wipe (TMI, i know, but gawd, that's getting irritating).

and to think this could feasibly go on for another 4 weeks (38 weeks today).

this is definitely my last baby....

successful #2 Jan. 25th - welcome Maisie Elise!
#10 of 21 Old 04-30-2006, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7
BusyBusymomma - Your puke story brought back all those fond memories I have of when DD was a baby and spit up all over, all the time. Oh what fun that was. I mean, baby puke is one thing but 5yr old puke?? Now, that's a whole other thing entirely!
Ya know, she only threw up once until she was well past 2yo... no spitup or anything. Now every few months she'll just puke all over the place in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. Weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalmama
At least I don't have a toddler puking on me...
Glad to help put things in perspective!

The weather is really blah here... rainy and gross. The perfect day to give birth and babymoon. C'mon baby!
#11 of 21 Old 04-30-2006, 09:13 PM

yeah - me too. :

Went to the MW last night because I was leaking *something* and having ctx and really felt the urge to push...which concerned me and her...

leaking was pee.
ctx stopped.:
urge to push? the baby is sitting on my ASS and I now have hemerroids.

But I gotta laugh...cuz my life motto is if I am going to laugh later I may as well laugh now - and I am sure someday this will all be hysterical.

This just plain sucks. I am SOOOOOOOO ready. Why isn't he?!?!?!?!?

*sigh* this will be over soon!

DH though, has been a SAINT - I took 2 naps today while he entertained DD, did all the laundry (even folded and put away!) and cleaned the house.

I want him home all week.
#12 of 21 Old 05-01-2006, 09:44 AM

Quote:
But I gotta laugh...cuz my life motto is if I am going to laugh later I may as well laugh now - and I am sure someday this will all be hysterical.
That is an EXCELLENT life motto. Gotta remember that one.

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#13 of 21 Old 05-01-2006, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Cheryl!
#14 of 21 Old 05-02-2006, 02:23 PM

Oh yeah, I'm with ya'll! Yesterday I felt like I was going to explode with grumpiness! It was awful -- and the only "people" I could take it out on (which I shouldn't have done at all, so I feel bad about it) are my doggie and kitty. Poor little guys... but yeah, they were both being needy and loud and it was not cool!

Today I feel a lot better, tho. I got another nesting surge last night that's lasted through til today and I feel like I got a LOT done this morning (spent a lot of $$, that's for sure!!! ) I'm going to rest this afternoon so I don't wipe myself out, and then hopefully go out to dinner with my DH when he gets off work
#15 of 21 Old 05-02-2006, 07:56 PM

Me too me too!!!! Very grumpy. So grumpy DH turned on the A/C to see if that would cool me down.

Everything I eat makes me feel pukey.... and then I get the runs later on.

Cervical twinges are NO FUN.

Constant BH ctx are NO FUN either.

Being upright makes me tired... how MUCH does this belly weigh?

WHY do we have to feel miserable before the baby can be born?

On the upside, I cleaned out another closet today. Threw away all the medicines that have expired... some went back to 99. Now that is just SAD.

I feel like taking the kids loft apart, to uncover all the things they are hiding in there. LOL I'm also seriously thinking about tearing down the wall in my bathroom... it doesn't belong there....

I think my nesting instinct has gone berserk!
#16 of 21 Old 05-02-2006, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

LOL! I had to laugh that you were throwing away expired meds. I did that recently and some of them hadn't been used but for one dose and had expired 1-2 years ago. We (the kids and I anyway) really just don't use OTC stuff.

Uhoh, no pulling down walls now!
#17 of 21 Old 05-04-2006, 02:38 AM

Just lurked over to check on you Michele. Sounds like you're gonna have a baby soon! Or maybe you did that today (uh..yesterday? the 3rd....) either way {{peaceful joyful birth to you}}

Namaste, Tara
#18 of 21 Old 05-04-2006, 07:29 AM

Very grouchy here. I think I can't drive anymore. This baby is too low and I can't get into a comfortable position where I can drive my stick shift safely. That never happened to me last time and I'm pretty irritated. I had finished up work so I could spend these last weeks with dd (she's been in daycare since she was 6 weeks old) and now we may not be able to do a lot of the things I wanted to do. Oh, well. There's plenty to do in our neighborhood.

Anyway, if I hear one more time "You've dropped" I'm gonna scream. Do you know how many times this baby has dropped? Like 5 times. When is she gonna drop out of me??? My pants don't fit now. I have one dress I can wear, but I don't really want to wear the same thing for the next 2 weeks. Maybe 3 weeks! I go to the chiro today to see if we can get my pubic bone issue dealt with and maybe get her turned. I know I've still got about 2 weeks to go, and I have no idea how I'm going to make it.

And it's 3:30 AM and I'm not sleeping well and I don't want to go back to bed because it just HURTS to lay on my left side with pillows all over me.

Waaaaahhhhh.

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#19 of 21 Old 05-04-2006, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Tara- still here and Not sure how... I had ctx off and on all night long but was able to get some sleep through them. Nothing at all right now. Due in six days now- or whenever this babe wants out! I can tell my cervix is more anterior than it was, and still open... maybe 3cm but I'm not sure since it all feels so different from non-pg cervix.

Kat- I sure hope your visit to the chiro sets things right!
#20 of 21 Old 05-04-2006, 06:52 PM

hmm..wondr which you'll have first: Baby or 10,000 posts

Namaste, Tara
#21 of 21 Old 05-04-2006, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

OMG... puuuuuhlease let it be the baby! :

Now I really am tempted to do those jumping jacks. Seeing the midwife tomorrow, maybe that means I'll go into labor tonight! I wish.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page