OK I have to ask a strange question.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-01-2006, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do any of you (esp the non-first timers) find that you have a new smell? I know that sounds strange but lately I have 'smelled' like I remember labor smelling~ Does that make any sense or am I just losing my mind(completely possible)? I know it is strange but of all my buddies you guys are the only ones who might not think I am too over the edge!

Warmly,
Melissa
#2 of 12 Old 05-01-2006, 04:07 PM

your sense of smell is the strongest memory trigger-so it is possible that something you are smelling about yourself is triggering that memory-meaning it is something that could mean you are nearing labor. Oddly enough I have found myself noticing a smell that reminds of when my water broke-it always triggers a very distinct memory of sitting in my bathroom on a towel calling my MW when I had ds #2. My water hasn't broken but I have had that happen a few times when I am up to pee in the middle of the night.

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#3 of 12 Old 05-01-2006, 04:58 PM

Well, I keep thinking I smell like BO but nobody else smells it. Does that count?

Seriously though, most things smell "funny" to me right now. My lemongrass shampoo and soap is okay, but foods and stuff are smelling odd to me. :
#4 of 12 Old 05-01-2006, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

I was talking with my BF & when I was telling her I realized it smells like right after the baby is born~ That wonderful sweet new baby smell~ Very weird Makes me wonder if I am leaking any fluid~ I just really need to hold on until Sunday though~

Melissa
#5 of 12 Old 05-02-2006, 03:49 AM

Funny you should mention it-- when I got up on one of my MANY trips to the bathroom last night, I noticed a new smell. (Really sorry if this is TMI!!)

I thought it was odd because right after I got pg, I noticed that my smell changed, too.

Maybe this is a sign? (can y'all tell I'm grasping at straws here? )
#6 of 12 Old 05-02-2006, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma
Well, I keep thinking I smell like BO but nobody else smells it.
Same here, and DH says he doesn't notice it like I do, but I can put deodorant on and not even do ANYTHING, but less than 6 hours later I feel like I stink again.
#7 of 12 Old 05-02-2006, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofmymindyo
Same here, and DH says he doesn't notice it like I do, but I can put deodorant on and not even do ANYTHING, but less than 6 hours later I feel like I stink again.
I can't figure it out, it's annoying isn't it?! I think I'm starting to associate the herbal scent of the deodorant (it's an all natural brand) with the stink of body odor. Gotta love pregnancy brain, it gets things all weird in my head! LOL
#8 of 12 Old 05-02-2006, 09:06 AM

Not sure if this is what u mean but with both my pg's dh knew i was pg before I took a test because my personal smell changed. I thougth I detected a different sent but didnt think much of it till he said that.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#9 of 12 Old 05-02-2006, 10:28 AM

Funny you should mention this.I thought I smelled a little "birthy" last night,and i'm not a great nose,either.HMMMMMMMMM

:::
#10 of 12 Old 05-05-2006, 08:24 PM

I'm so glad I found this thread
I did a search for the word "smell" in this forum because...well...I keep noticing a new smell everytime I go to the bathroom coming from...well...my Yoni
I don't know why. I'm hoping it's not an infection...no itching or anything although I did have watery dark pink spotting after love-making last night.
Yikes.
#11 of 12 Old 05-05-2006, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Well I can say I have been smelling this for over a week & no baby yet

Melissa
#12 of 12 Old 05-05-2006, 10:18 PM

I still wrinkle my nose every time I potty (which was every 20-30 minutes last night from 10:30-1:00am ). It's not like an infection or yeast or anything... just different.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page