Help! Candida quick fix? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know of any quick fixes to get rid of a yeast infection? I've struggled with candida since puberty, but when not pregnant I now know how to keep it at bay. But as my hormones ramp up for birth, so do the evil candida-bugs living in my netherregions and I am so uncomfortable . The idea of giving birth with my tissues so tender is just awful but I don't know what to do.

I have tried every natural home remedy in the book ( yogurt, acidoph, garlic, tea tree, grapefuit seed extract, vit C, homeopathics, calendula, vit E etc etc i've been off sugar since december and eat well... grr- I wish after all this i wasn't still dealing with this ) I've consulted my naturapath and paid for the extra-special extra-pricey probiotics (will need to take out a second mortgage if i run out before baby is here) but I've never tried any drugstore treatments- does anyone know which are safe in pregnancy and which might help to heal up my sore parts quickly? I'm not looking for a long term solution here- I know how to fix it once i'm not pregnant- but I need something quick before that- I'm due in two weeks!
anyone? anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-03-2006, 06:47 AM

Oooh, so sorry about the yeasties, they are awful.

I had an infection in my 4th month and my gyn prescribed a traditional (ie not natural) yeast-infection med. She assured me it was safe for pg. (Looking back I now know that I should have tried other remedies before resorting to the drugs. Sigh.)

Unfortunately, the name of the drug wouldn't help you as I'm in France... But I assume they sell pg women yeast meds in the US too. Maybe you could go to a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist what they recommend?

Good luck, sorry this post was so incredibly unhelpful!!
#3 of 6 Old 05-03-2006, 09:56 AM

Yes - I had one and did Monistat - disgusting but it worked. I did the 7 day treatment because my MW said the 1 day and 3 day are too strong. Hope it clears up! blech!
#4 of 6 Old 05-03-2006, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the supportive words... i did some research and found one over the counter remedy that is supposed to work fast and not cross over to the baby... I hope it works really fast, cause i've seem to be gearing up for labour earlier than expected- oh well, I guess I wont be the first woman on earth to give birth with some candida. My naturapath gave me some baby probiotic to give the little one since exposure is pretty much a given... I'm mostly just feeling excited to have this baby now!
#5 of 6 Old 05-04-2006, 11:03 PM

probably wouldn't work as quickly as you need it, but have you tried threelac? it was the only thing that got rid of me and dd's thrush and i am back on it now to deal with my long term underlying systemic yeast issues.....

Talia Rose - mountain mama to Grace and Xack::  h20homebirth.gif :homeschool.gif  goorganic.jpgwhale.gifchicken3.gif

www.organicgrace.com Products Healthier for Humans and Gentler on the Earth

#6 of 6 Old 05-05-2006, 08:03 AM

Have you looked into Candidase? It's an enzyme that digests yeast so I think it should be safe during pg, but you should check. The great thing about it is that it's really effective and fast and it also doesn't create the "die off" effect that things that kill yeast do, so you don't get worse before you get better. I used this whenever I got that tingling when I was first nursing and never had a serious yeast problem.

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page