feeling pretty crampy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-03-2006, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, I've been feeling crampy on and off all day - kinda like that low, heavy feeling of period cramps. Last time I had episodes of this for three weeks before ds was actually born, but of course I have no idea if the birth will be tonight or in weeks. It *would* be nice to know! Dh arranged to get the night off from work tonight but it was a huge hassle and he'll have to make up the time later so I'll feel dumb if this goes nowhere. On the other hand, I'm in no hurry. I definitely don't feel like "business as usual" right now. Exhausted from dealing with lots of nightwaking of my toddler, and very aware of the sensations.

sharing life with | 10 yo ds | 8 yo dd | dh (since 2012)
"I am not what happened to me...I am what I choose to become." ~ Carl Jung
#2 of 11 Old 05-03-2006, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feeling the same actually. I can't decide if something is really starting, but it's definitely not business as usual. I think I will lounge tonight and tomorrow as I wouldn't mind waiting a few days!
#3 of 11 Old 05-03-2006, 11:06 PM

I've been feeling a bit crampy -- sort of like PMS (gosh I've been pregnant so much it's hard to remember what that's like1 )
I'm so excited about going into labor. My first 2 were inductions (low amniotic fluid for #1 and "late" for #2) so who knows when this kid will be done "cookin'"

Keep us posted!!!!

After my two crawled into bed with us last night (which they do every night at various times) -- and that's just fine, because I like the snuggle time --- but anyhow, last night my hips were just so sore feeling and I could really feel my pelvis stretching and getting sore - so - I crawled out of bed and went and slept in my DS's bed - ALL by MYSELF!!! it was WONDERFUL!!!
I slept so well from about 3am to 6:30 I just felt really rested after some deep sleep...... and then, the little munchkins found me!
#4 of 11 Old 05-03-2006, 11:35 PM

Feeling that way too.., but who knows. I've had weeks of prodromal labor before so I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.
#5 of 11 Old 05-04-2006, 01:08 AM
ltk

joining the club here....really feeling funky, back pains and cramps in my lower ab. and all I want to do is sleep! my due date is in 2 days, so I *think* labor is impending. sending strong earth mama vibes to all the may mamas!
#6 of 11 Old 05-04-2006, 05:56 AM

I started getting crampy last night and am still crampy this morning. I'm only 37 weeks, so I'm thinking I might have to get used to this feeling.
#7 of 11 Old 05-04-2006, 07:39 AM

Just thinking about how your feeling now...
#8 of 11 Old 05-04-2006, 09:11 AM

Yup, me too. In fact, I'm starting to feel like the preggo mama who cried wolf - when the real deal finally hits, no one is going to believe me!

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#9 of 11 Old 05-04-2006, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*max*~
Yup, me too. In fact, I'm starting to feel like the preggo mama who cried wolf - when the real deal finally hits, no one is going to believe me!
Oh me too Max. I have been telling DH for weeks now....having some good contractions.....and then nothin'.

#10 of 11 Old 05-04-2006, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, the crampiness petered out during the night and things feel pretty normal this morning. Actually I'm feeling much better rested, which is a relief. Now I don't know what to expect and we are fence-sitting about whether dh should cancel his night shift. It's a week until my EDD.

Good vibes to all the prodromal mamas out there!

sharing life with | 10 yo ds | 8 yo dd | dh (since 2012)
"I am not what happened to me...I am what I choose to become." ~ Carl Jung
#11 of 11 Old 05-04-2006, 02:39 PM

Aw, bummer! I've been doing the same thing... probably 3-4 times I was sure I'd wake up in active labor like I did with ds but it hasn't happened yet. : I have six days to my edd so I'm sure it will be sometime soon. Tonight or tomorrow would be awesome because dh has to take leave from work unpaid.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page