A cold??? Now?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-04-2006, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
38 weeks pregnant and I have the mother of all nasty, snotty, coughy colds. Ugh. I think I slept a total of 3 hours last night with the sinus headache, runny nose, and general pregnancy discomfort keeping me awake. I just hope it goes away before I have this baby. I don't need to be feeling crappy and in labor at the same time.

Cough, sniffle, moan.....

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM

#3 of 4 Old 05-04-2006, 11:24 AM

Ugh- NO fun! On another board I visit several of the March moms got colds and not a one of them gave birth until after they got better. Thankfully their colds came on around 38 weeks so they were able to get over it before they went past their edds and got too antsy.

#4 of 4 Old 05-04-2006, 12:05 PM

Ugh. How annoying!

Have you tried flushing out your sinuses with salt water (using a neti pot, or saline drops, or DIY methods, such as a bulb syringe or small cup)? I find that to be SO helpful when I have congestion... and also, those nasal strips they sell that keep your nose open are a G-dsend! I've been wearing those lately, and I'm not even that congested, just a little...

I hope you feel better soon!

(BTW, I do know someone who had the flu when she gave birth -- she had a homebirth in the late 70s. It was her second homebirth, so she knew what to expect, pain-wise, but she got the flu and she said it was one of the worst experiences ever -- not the giving birth part, but the having the flu part. I guess she nearly passed out a couple of times for lack of oxygen. I hope hope hope this never happens to anyone else! Most of the other very pregnant women I've known have gotten over their cold or flu before going into labor...)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page