Overdue mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-04-2006, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anybody else in this boat yet? I was due on the 2nd, so I'm only a couple of days late, but I thought for sure I'd go early what with all the extra activity of moving and all. I'm glad I made it through all that, but now I'm ready! Well, I was ready, but now dh and MIL are sick with colds so now's not the best time either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2006, 12:06 AM

I'm overdue. I'm from the April boards. Was due either 22nd (by LMP) or 27th (by 9 week ultrasound). Either way I'm 41+ weeks, and not happy about it at all. Emotionally I'm such a wreck right now, it's pathetic.

Hope other overdue mamas are coping better!
Old 05-05-2006, 05:50 AM

Aw, to you both. I'm not overdue yet, but given how impatient I am to meet this baby, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be!

I really, really hope I go before my due date on the 17th, because I'll be at 41 weeks at that point and they don't give you much time after that before insisting on inducing here. So the pressure will really be on if baby hasn't decided to show up by then.

As far as I'm concerned, this is definitely the hardest part of pregnancy! Between being pretty darn uncomfortable and *constantly* wondering when baby will arrive, I've been driving myself nuts!
Old 05-05-2006, 08:35 AM

BurnsideMommy ~

Well....I'm not "overdue" yet....today is my due date but I'm definitely starting to feel anxious about when this little bean is going to make his/her appearance.

I have had SO much pre-labor with this pregnancy (none with DD) that I was sure s/he would come early. I guess this time I didn't really expect to still be pregnant on my due date. But here I am....
Old 05-05-2006, 08:49 AM

BurnsideMommy, where are you delivering? I live near you. I really hope things pick up for you soon! And for all of you!

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
Old 05-05-2006, 12:48 PM

Count me in!!

I'm only a day past my due date but am expecting to go a long way past it. Here the medical inductions are "offered" at 41 weeks but I can wait until 43 to homebirth so I will be holding off as long as I have to (no matter how hard it may seem).

Yesterday (my due date) I had all kinds of contractions and thought "wow, maybe everyone is right and the second will come sooner" but of course here I am still pregnant and uncomfortable. I am really crampy this morning though so there's still hope, I guess.

DD was born 12 days past her due date and I was medically induced (due to a fever). So who knows what is "normal" for me. I guess I'll find out some time in the next 3 weeks .

Good luck to all of us!!! Let's stick together as all these baby announcements show up. I know I will need some moral support and will be more than willing to offer it to others.

Mama to 3 lovely home learning, nature loving girls read.gif(10), fairy.gif(7), fly-by-nursing1.gif (3).

Old 05-05-2006, 05:11 PM
ltk

40 weeks today and hoping to not go past a few days from now? who knows though..it's all about relaxing and not building our expectations. I try to remind myself that this must be what the baby needs! sigh......
Old 05-05-2006, 08:41 PM

Thanks ladies!

Still no baby here, or any sign of labor. Maybe this weekend she'll finally decide to come? Both my boys were
weekend arrivals...

Kat - I'm planning a homebirth again.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:56 PM

Hello all! I'm only 40+1 but I guess that counts. I am feeling really good so I am worried that labor may be a long way off! After a month of prodomal labor and hip/back pain, I am feeling great again and getting some pretty good sleep. I had my membranes swept at my appt today so we'll see if that gets anything stirred up. I am also planning a home birth. We have until 42 weeks to deliver at home so I'm not stressed about it yet. I hope that everyone else is doing ok!
Katie
Old 05-05-2006, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Maybe this weekend she'll finally decide to come? Both my boys were
weekend arrivals...
Funny you should say that. My DD was a Saturday labor/birth so I'm just kind of picturing this one to be a weekend birth too.

User Tag List