"Due" date today or around now? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 05-05-2006, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter
ltk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,
Just checking in with those of you who are due now. My edd is today 5/5, but the only sign I have is being miserable! I have some crampy feelings in my lower uterus, loose digestive track and yesterday I PUKED! I felt like I did in the first tri. Has anyone else experienced nausea this late in the game?

Anyway, the phone is ringing off the hook and I am not answering! I just want to breath through the next couple of days and hope for the best.

Also, does anyone know if it's normal to not have any contractions until the real deal begins? I have this feeling I willl just get slammed with them, without the build up.

I am drinking RRT like it's going out of style......any other tricks y'all are trying?

I would love to hear your thoughts! Best of luck too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 05-05-2006, 05:46 PM

Due Sunday. No sign on baby on the horizon besides just being kinda sicky and misserable. I have had some braxton hixs, I think, but nothing that lasts.

Sarting to get sick of the calls. Husband and I are planning on some fun things for the weekend to make it go by faster.

Hang in there!
#3 of 15 Old 05-05-2006, 05:56 PM

due monday here. TONS of ctx that start, are consistent for 3 hours and stop.

Yep, I feel sick too.

I am hoping for today....but not holding my breath.
#4 of 15 Old 05-05-2006, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltk
I have some crampy feelings in my lower uterus, loose digestive track and yesterday I PUKED![...]Also, does anyone know if it's normal to not have any contractions until the real deal begins?
Those low, crampy feelings are contractions, and signs that your body is gearing up. I had occasional bouts of those crampy feelings for three weeks before ds was born then when I went into active labour things were short-ish for a first birth (7 hours).

sharing life with | 10 yo ds | 8 yo dd | dh (since 2012)
"I am not what happened to me...I am what I choose to become." ~ Carl Jung
#5 of 15 Old 05-05-2006, 07:54 PM

40 weeks today.

Thought for sure I'd go early this time because of all the prodromal labor I've had...but apparently the babe has other plans.

Anyhoo...

I was feeling a little blue earlier today but my mom and DD and I just went to the chiro and got adjusted and then we went out to eat. I'm feeling MUCH better.

I'm not answering my phone either. I know everyone means well but the "just checking in" calls are driving me
#6 of 15 Old 05-05-2006, 09:03 PM

I'm at 39+2, due Wednesday. I've had a lot of prodromal labor, just like last time.

Baby's head engaged last night and I'm feeling tremendous pressure so I'm really hoping I don't go much longer. It hurts to sit and it hurts to walk/stand.
#7 of 15 Old 05-06-2006, 12:08 PM

Well, yall seem further along than me. Official date is tomorrow, although all along I've been psyching myself up to go long, it's still getting a little harder to wait.

It seems like we've had so many reasons to want the baby to wait to full term before he/she came (car went to the shop, doc out of town, school assignments due, etc.) I realized I have to quit sending the baby "stay in there" vibes. One day after I started thinking, "come out, I want to meet you", DH badly pulled a muscle in his back and had to go on MAJOR pain meds for a few days.

I quickly resorted to the "stay in there a few more days" message.

The phone calls aren't bothering me so much as the strangers' comments. I hear everything from "you look like you're gonna pop" to "geeze, you're not really that big".......I just smile and nod, smile and nod.

Here's to holding your baby in your arms rather than in your belly--sometime within the next week!!
#8 of 15 Old 05-06-2006, 12:19 PM

Want to know what made me yesterday?

I get the babycenter updates (you know...the "Your pregnancy at 38 weeks" weekly e-mails) and yesterday, my due date, I got one titled "Your Newborn." :

Of course once you scroll down in the e-mail it gives the statistics of how few women have their babies on or before their due dates.

Ummmm...then why not just call it your pregnancy at 40 weeks.

Quote:
I hear everything from "you look like you're gonna pop" to "geeze, you're not really that big".......I just smile and nod, smile and nod.
Oh yeah. I got "Oh my GOD...you are HUGE!" from a total stranger in the grocery store this week. Lovely.
#9 of 15 Old 05-06-2006, 12:46 PM

Ugh... I hate it when people comment on size. I've gotten "big" comments from only two people, which is really stupid considering that I'm measuring 35cm just a couple of days before my EDD! I do look like I'm about to squat and give birth right where I am though... baby is so darn low that's why I'm measuring so small.

Only four days to my due date! I'm actually feeling pretty good, but every now and then I get down because of the prodromal labor or not being able to find any pants that will stay up. I hate wearing dresses so I really don't have anything to wear.
#10 of 15 Old 05-06-2006, 12:53 PM

busy-I hear you about the clothes thing! I probably wouldn't mind so much, but I'm still going to class and my vanity, coupled with the crazy "freezing one day, scorching the next" spring weather we're having keeps me from just throwing on my stretchy velour pants and hubby's ENORMOUS t-shirts every day.

I do have a few dresses, which relieve the over or under belly pressure of pants but it's kinda uncomfortable to sit in them all day. My best friend is the pair of capri overalls my SIL handed down. I once swore I'd never wear overalls during pregnancy, b/c my mom used to rave about them.....she kindly refrains from saying "I told you so" when she hears me rave about them.
#11 of 15 Old 05-06-2006, 01:01 PM

Oh yeah, the back-and-forth weather makes it hard too. Yesterday I wore capris, today I need jeans. I have one pair of shortalls, but it's too cold today. And I seriously don't like overalls/shortalls myself, but the one pair I have is comfy.
#12 of 15 Old 05-06-2006, 01:45 PM

I'm in my overalls WAAAAY too much. : They are just so comfortable. Other than that the only thing that really feels good are stretchy capris from Old Navy. You can pull the waist band up over the belly or fold them in half below. VERY comfy.

Oh and what do you guys say to "When are you due?"

I've been just saying....any time now or whenever the babe is ready....but a lot of people keep pressing for a "due date" (which for me was yesterday).
#13 of 15 Old 05-06-2006, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter
ltk

Hi everyone! Thanks for sharing...glad I am not alone here! Well, I officially recorded messages on both the cell and home phone that say "Baby is not here, thanks for calling/caring and we will get back to you when he/she is here!" Feels a bit rude, but I simply cannot talk to another person!

My hubby and I went to the Farmer's Market today. Who said their baby was due "when the lilac blooms?" It has bloomed in Southern California, that's for sure...babies and puppies all over the place. I did get a few home remedies to induce labor (if you are interested):
1) One farmer said: chamomile or cinnamon tea, plus walking
2) Another farmer said make a salad out of watercress....bought some of this.
3) And my hubby's relatives from India said: boil some milk w/ dates, raisins and almonds (after they have soaked in the milk for a while)....and then boil w/ a spoon full of clarified butter (ghee).

Since I am full term, and not worried about harmful effects of any of these items...I will try them! Let's see what happens!

Oh, and p.s. we went on a nice little canyon "hike" today.....water running in the creek made me emotional...but I suspect emotions play into this!

Sorry for blabbing!
#14 of 15 Old 05-07-2006, 01:25 AM

Oh yeah, I'm just telling people the truth about the date. I thought I'd fudge it when my classmates started telling me, but the first time someone asked me this quarter I just couldn't get a phony date out fast enough. It's so funny, most of them are like 22 and don't have a very realistic view of labor.

"What will you do if your water breaks in class?" they ask all the time.

"I'm gonna leave, and you're gonna call the janitor." is my standard reply.

One guy, who's assured me he has 6 younger brother and sisters and knows all about this baby thing, hasassured me that he'll just drive me to the hospital. I said, "weeeellll, I live 6 blocks from here and my husband (major emphasis on husband) works 10 blocks from here. So I think I'll be calling him on my cel phone, I(major emphasis on cel phone) that I only agreed to carry for this one purpose.

I mean, I appreciate the sentiment, but geeze.
#15 of 15 Old 05-07-2006, 04:08 PM

I'm due tomorrow, but not much is happening. I think most of my family, and my MW are feeling the stress more than me at the moment. Of course, give me 5 minutes, or another encounter with an overly caution OB and that might change.

As for due dates, when people ask when i'm due I just say "oh, last friday" and that shuts them right up. Generally, they assume that is they press beyond that, you will tear their head off.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page