things I'll miss - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-06-2006, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't wait to meet my baby! On the other hand, there are a few things I think I might miss about being pregnant. . .
  • My hair. It has never been so thick! And long! And grease-free!
  • Eating so much without it going to my thighs. Well, a little went to my thighs, but only a really little bit.
  • My big, round, smooth, (hairy?!) belly. I just can't stop touching it and looking at it and flashing it to people I know won't be freaked out by it.
  • Baby-free maternity leave. The way school vacation and a teaching conference fell right before my maternity leave started, I haven't been teaching in a month. It has been blissful to have unlimited time to myself. I can sew, nap, walk, take a bath, or anything else whenever I want.
  • An excuse to nap frequently. We are not napping people, but I have been lately!
  • Frequent visits to the Mexican restaurant on the way to the MWs office.

What about you? What do you think you'll miss (or miss already if your baby's here)?
#2 of 8 Old 05-06-2006, 08:56 AM

I'm not in your DDC, but I hope you don't mind if I reply. I love hearing things like this rather than the standard "I'm miserable and pg." (Not that I've heard that here or even usually read the pg boards - it more something I hear IRL.)

I LOVED being pg. I cried the night before ds was born. I was grieving no longer being pg. Yes, I was very uncomfortable and all that. But I mostly loved having him all to myself 24 hours a day. I loved our private little relationship - the kicks, the hiccups, and being able to take him everywhere and talk to him all of the time.

Of course, now that he's here, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#3 of 8 Old 05-06-2006, 10:08 AM

I balled my eyes out at the hospital knowing Quinn was my third and final child and that I most likely would never be pregnant again-its the most amazing experiences (all 3x's) of my life. I will miss being able to eat, the kicks and hiccups like another poster said, the special treatment from everyone but mostly I will miss the anticipation of yet another blessing that makes my heart BURST with unparalleled joy!!!
#4 of 8 Old 05-06-2006, 10:23 AM

Amy- i totally relate to your list... the first time around! having a first baby and experiencing that first pregnancy for me was an incredibly amazing and special time. I was teaching as well, so i know what you mean about baby-free time before the maternity leave. so soak it in!! i don't want to be a downer about the differences the second time (taking care of a toddler and therefore *not* being able to nap when i need to...), so i'll offer a few things i think i'll miss...

i think it just boils down to the feeling of growing another life- the developments, the kicking and rolling, the intimacy that only a mama has with her new baby. and this time i have been pleasantly surprised with how having one has made me feel closer to this one- the anticipation of another little body and personality in our family. the first time, i didn't really get that. i had so little experience with babies, it was all fantasy- which was great! and this time it's been great to fantasize with some experience behind it.

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#5 of 8 Old 05-06-2006, 11:00 AM

I will miss feeling him move - I love that feeling.

I will miss having an "excuse" to frequent coldstone without guilt

I will miss the anticipation - there are so few true surprises in life.
#6 of 8 Old 05-06-2006, 12:04 PM

I'm going to miss everything about pregnancy... except the morning sickness that lasted into the 2nd trimester and the heartburn that went away a few weeks ago (finally).

I love having a belly, the hiccups, movements etc right up until about 38 weeks when I get generally uncomfortable and then I find myself wishing away the final weeks. There's a good chance this is our last baby so I should be enjoying it more! Like Cheryl said- the anticipation is great too.
#7 of 8 Old 05-06-2006, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma
I'm going to miss everything about pregnancy... except the morning sickness that lasted into the 2nd trimester and the heartburn that went away a few weeks ago (finally).

I love having a belly, the hiccups, movements etc right up until about 38 weeks when I get generally uncomfortable and then I find myself wishing away the final weeks. There's a good chance this is our last baby so I should be enjoying it more! Like Cheryl said- the anticipation is great too.
:

Baby's here and I just love it. But I do miss being PG. I touch my tummy now and get all sad. I've already been talking about the next one.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#8 of 8 Old 05-06-2006, 12:36 PM

I will miss feeling her inside me and my belly poking out and my hair being so shiny and growing fast. I will just miss everything......I am going to be very
emotional knowing that this is my last child.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page