Mothering Forum banner

Belly Baby arrived 5/2 - Updated w/link to birth story!

976 views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  mamacatsbaby 
#1 ·
Hi, everybody! My baby was born at home POSTERIOR after only 6 1/2 hours labor on May 2! I still cannot believe he came that quickly.

It's a boy, he was 7 lbs 9 oz, 20 in., we had no complications other than him arriving face up, which really wasn't a problem, and he's a great nurser.

I hadn't worried at all about my DS's adjustment and it's what I'm having the hardest time with - he's so mad at me!

Will post more another time - we don't have internet access at home & this is my first foray to the library to check email (yikes! 10 days worth!)

Blessings on those who wait . . .

Update: I wrote my birth story - here it is!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...16#post5167616

Thanks to all of you who sent encouragement about my older DS. It still feels pretty challenging 18 days pp, but I also realize that some of this would be happening anyway, and a few days ago we realized that he's TEETHING - keep the tylenol coming!

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations!
We have a two-year-old also, and it has been a little difficult for him too. He loves the baby, but doesn't seem to know what his place is. It seems to help if I read him books while nursing DS2. Maybe you could try that.
Poor little guys, I'm sure it's scary for them.

#3 ·
Congratulations and welcome to your new little one! And it's always good to hear about a happy, healthy birth with our mws.

My sister's dd (who was 2 at the time) was really angry when her second wa born. But in a few weeks, she adjusted. I think the change is overwhelming at first, but kids are really adaptable. Good luck!

#8 ·
COngrats! Last time, I spent most nursing sessions lying on the couch so that then-2yo dd could curl up in the crook of my legs with her head on my hip. We'd nap together or watch TV. That also gave me a chance to rest and such. Reading is a little trickier, but a great idea!

Enjoy your babymoon.

#11 ·
Congratulations!!!
:

My 2 year old has run the gamut of expected "new baby emotions", she wants to be a helper one minute, then she's mimicking the baby's cries the next. I cried a bunch for dd#1. But, We are at 12 days pp and each day she is becoming more like her old self.

Also, at least he's just mad at you. My sister's ds was mad at the baby and kept trying to hit him.

#15 ·
Congrats Mama! Sounds like a wonderful birth!

I have a two year old also and it's been tough on him. I think that nursing will be our savior as long as I remember to keep both breasts available. We're also reading a lot of books. I vowed yesterday to carve out special nooks of time for him at least twice a day during one of the long newborn naps, hopefully it helps. I hope your toddler recovers from their anger quickly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.