PP body - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 06-09-2006, 03:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm almost 4 weeks PP, and am back to a few pounds within my pre-pregnant weight. : BUT, why don't any of my pants fit? How can my boobs, belly, butt, and thighs all be bigger but my weight the same? Did my body get less dense or something? When willI be able towear jeans again?!? (ok, I know no one knows the answer to that, but we're all thinking about it, right?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 32 Old 06-09-2006, 10:54 AM

It's like your body has the same weight in a stretched out version of you that takes up more space. Weird, isn't it?

I had 8lb left to lose as of last week at 2w pp but definitely won't be able to wear any of my summer clothes from last year, which I can deal wtih except I really don't have money to spend on more clothes. Our Goodwill stinks here, but I'm going to try to check out the one in the next town and see if they have anything.

And my boobs are so heavy...
#3 of 32 Old 06-09-2006, 12:05 PM

I have about 10 lbs to lose but nothing is even anywhere near fitting! I could wear my favorite jeans up until I was almost 6 months pg(just couldn't button) and now my butt is too huge! what happened those last 3 months. I have all this extra skin or something now. Its like an innertube around my hips or something AAAHHH!

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#4 of 32 Old 06-09-2006, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep, need to pick up the ole free weights around here too. Gotta build me up my girlie muscles again... :

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#5 of 32 Old 06-10-2006, 02:15 PM

First ecoteat, I am green w/envy that you are already at your prepreg. weight! I still have about 25 pounds to go. (I gained 50!)

Second, one thing I noticed w/my pregnancies is that due to loosening ligaments and my body stretching to accomodate baby that some body parts change shape, and may not go back for a while, if ever. I have noticed my ribs, hips, and feet have all gotten wider/bigger, even when at my pp weight.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#6 of 32 Old 06-10-2006, 02:28 PM

Not trying to be mean, but I gained almost 50lbs, and although people tell me I look great, this is my 5th and it takes me ONE YEAR or more to get my body back. Breast feeding makes me sooo hungry. I am eating more than I was pregnant. HOW are you guys loosing all that weight? You were excercising at 2 weeks pp? I have very low iron so I have to watch myself, but still I am caring for my house and 5 kids. : That is a lot in itself. What are you doing to help get rid of those tummies?
#7 of 32 Old 06-10-2006, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*max*~
Second, one thing I noticed w/my pregnancies is that due to loosening ligaments and my body stretching to accomodate baby that some body parts change shape, and may not go back for a while, if ever. I have noticed my ribs, hips, and feet have all gotten wider/bigger, even when at my pp weight.

Exactly! My entire bone structure changed after my first, 4 years later it still hasn't gone back, I'm not expecting it to at this point. Even my shoulders are wider.

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#8 of 32 Old 06-11-2006, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin4kids
Not trying to be mean, but I gained almost 50lbs, and although people tell me I look great, this is my 5th and it takes me ONE YEAR or more to get my body back. Breast feeding makes me sooo hungry. I am eating more than I was pregnant. HOW are you guys loosing all that weight? You were excercising at 2 weeks pp? I have very low iron so I have to watch myself, but still I am caring for my house and 5 kids. : That is a lot in itself. What are you doing to help get rid of those tummies?
Well, I may have only 8lb to lose to get to my pre-pg weight but that's not my ideal weight, I could stand to lose another 10lb or so beyond that. And even 5lb goes a looooong way on my petite frame.

I easily lost weight with dd but lost and then regained weight while bf'ing ds so I just don't know what my body will do this time.

I imagine my weight will continue to fluctuate until Audrey weans, I've been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for 6 years straight. I really don't know what my body will do when I'm done!
#9 of 32 Old 06-11-2006, 04:32 AM

Just like with dd1, I gained 40 lbs this time, and just like with dd1, I lost about 20 just after the birth. So it's not really weight I've lost, but baby, placenta and fluids. I now have 25 to get back to where I want to be. I figure if I'm active I'll lose 10 over the next 6 months, but the last 10-15 won't come off until the baby starts solids and cuts back on nursing. That's what happened last time and the lbs just melted off.

But...my tummy is in bad shape right now. I look at least 5 months pregnant and I'm having a lot of pain. I have herniated intestines. I'm wondering if I'm going to have to have surgery. I really don't want to, ever, but certainly not until I'm done breastfeeding and that will be at least 2 years from now. I really don't want to be wearing maternity clothes for 2 years!! Someone suggested getting the DVD "Lose Your Mummy Tummy" for this. Any other recommendations?

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#10 of 32 Old 06-11-2006, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin4kids
I have no idea how it went away this fast! I'm as surprised as you are. I gained 28 pounds during the pregnancy. I'm not consciously exercising (a walk herre and there, but thats it). My experience with this is another aspect of pregnancy and birth that makes me marvel at how amazing the human body is.
#11 of 32 Old 06-11-2006, 11:51 PM

nak...

i am slowly accepting my pp body.... i def. don't look as god asi did after my dd, tho it still took me easily 8 months or more to fit in reg. clothes. my hips totally spread out.

mantra- 9 m. on, 9m. off....

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#12 of 32 Old 06-12-2006, 12:32 PM

hi ladies-

i was about 25 pounds overweight when i got pregnant, was sick all 9 months so i only gained about 20 pounds or so, and it came off pretty quickly. in fact i'm 7 pounds below my ppw. now i just have to get off the original twnty pounds that shouldn't have been there in the first place!:

my main problem is my massive boobs - i just measured and i am now a F or G cup :

i can't fit any shirts over them, any ones that do fit are so fitted that you can totally see my nursing pads! i just want these huge beasts to go away! i've heard maybe around 3-6 months they go down a bit - what have others experiences been?
#13 of 32 Old 06-12-2006, 01:10 PM

I can't take crdit for my weight loss-it really just came off. I didn't gain much and a lot of it was really pg related and went away on its own. I will hang on to about 10 lbs while I am nursing. my boobs stay big for about 3 months-for me its great because I am not usually very well endowed-so its sorta fun to look a little busty

I have been exercising though and I must confess I am using avons lift and tuck cream on my belly skin-it won't help stretch marks but it firms up healthy skin quite a bit and is cheaper than a lot of those tightening creams.
My exercising focuses maily on stretching-I had an aerobics instructor tell me that stretching is good for your skin and muscles. don't ask me why it works but I have followed her advice ever since about really leaning into my stretches until I feel the stretch in my skin too.

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#14 of 32 Old 06-12-2006, 01:25 PM

I finally looked up the reasoning...your hips spread so your pelvis can open properly during birth. Although the hips retract, they can never go back as tight as they were - so that its supposedly easier next time around (I only have one dc, so I can't say )

Same with your feet, they splay out to help you balance and can never go back to the same...sigh..

Hope that helps....
#15 of 32 Old 06-12-2006, 01:37 PM

I'm back to my PP weight, but I only gained 14 pounds during pregnancy. I have no idea how that happened, since I ate very well (and heartily!) I was about 20 pounds overweight to begin with though. Nothing fits here either. I just ordered 2 pairs of drawstring shorts from LL Bean to tide me through the summer. I am so ready to get back to the YMCA, even if it's just to walk a mile around the track with Kirsten in the sling.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#16 of 32 Old 06-12-2006, 03:43 PM

I've got about 13 pounds to go. I ususally loose the majority of my weight in the first 2-3 weeks, then plateau for a few months. It normally is completely off when I am done breastfeeding.

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#17 of 32 Old 06-13-2006, 06:02 PM

Ha ha, screw you guys, I have 35 lbs to go.
Nah, I'm really not bitter, but not even the SHOULDERS of my real shirts fit, let alone the boobs. Did my shoulders spread? Or do I just have too much back fat? In any case, my hips and waist are 6" and 8" respectively from their "real" measurements. It's gonna be a LONG time before I put on any real pants.
#18 of 32 Old 06-13-2006, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My advice is to buy some new clothes that fit you now, and not try to squeeze into something from another lifetime (before childbirth.) If you can't afford new clothes, then go buy some old clothes that fit you!

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
#19 of 32 Old 06-13-2006, 07:07 PM

I got out my Zone handbook again to refresh my memory on the food combinations. Anyone used The Zone? I really like it because it's easy to follow and it's not at all about deprivation. I was surprised to find that it calls for 75 grams of protein a day for a woman, similar to what I was eating while pregnant, except for the last month. You're suppposed to eat about 15 g fat, 30 g protein and 60g carbs (1 part fat to 2 parts protein to 3 parts carbs) at each meal to get the right combo. I'm not going to stress about the individual meals yet, but see if I can get that basic ratio for the day. When you eat like that it's actually pretty easy to keep the calories lower, too, though the dr. that invented the plan doesn't care about calories, just what the food is doing to your insulin levels since you can't burn fat if you have too much insulin in your bloodstream.

Anyway, I highly recommend this plan and because it's good in protein and carbs it shouldn't have an adverse affect on your milk supply.

#20 of 32 Old 06-13-2006, 07:55 PM

I am right there with most of you. A week after I had DS#1 I was zipping up my pre-preggo jeans - and was at my pre-preggo weight. DS#2 was born 12 days ago and there's no zipping up the jeans this time. I only gained 1 pound more this last pregnancy so I have no idea what's up this time. My boobs are also a full size bigger - which I don't mind too much b/c I usually don't have a whole lot. I was expecting, b/c of the amount of weight being the same, to be able to be in all of my old clothes again - but no such luck...

We are a family of Jesus loving urban-nesters living the granola life in a not-so-crunchy city.  Our kids (DS 8, DS 7, DD 4) are home birthed and educated, and we just found out that a new Little will be added to our roost mid-April '14!

#21 of 32 Old 06-14-2006, 12:09 PM

I finally got up the nerve to step on the scale. I gained over 40 and now 2 weeks pp I am down 20 or so. That is all baby, that I lost. My dd was 9.1, so one wouls hope to loose more, but NO. I have gone from 2-3 pairs of pant that I fit in at the end of the pregnancy, to 1 pair of elactic, ugly shorts I fit in now. So depressing.

I would love to exercise. I would like to jog. How bad would that be 2 weeks pp?
#22 of 32 Old 06-14-2006, 12:36 PM

According to my MWs, jogging would be very bad at this stage. Your pelvic floor is weak and you risk doing permanent damage, such as vaginal prolapse (where your vagina collapses on itself) and such. They don't even want me to do a lot of walking until 6 weeks pp.

I'm in the same boat as you are. Gained 45 lbs, lost 20, so it's going to take time to lose it. I just bought more summer maternity clothes to get through this stage. Not happy about it, but I also don't want to risk wrecking my body just to wear cuter clothes.

#23 of 32 Old 06-14-2006, 03:55 PM

Ugh, I know. I'm actually BELOW my pre-preggo weight, and still can't wear anything after 6 weeks.
#24 of 32 Old 06-14-2006, 04:56 PM

I'm bummed because I went to yet another Goodwill and couldn't find anything. It doesn't help that I really do need petite length jeans or else I have to cuff them twice. I think I'll have save up some gas money and make the ~45 minute drive to the Gap outlet.

I finally figured out why the size 14 jeans I grabbed off the rack were the right length but wouldn't come past my knees when I pulled them on . I bet (I sure hope anyway) that they were girls size 14. It seemed like they had tons of size 9 and 10 jeans (which I already have) but didn't have any size 12s or 14s, which is what I think I need for now.

I guess I could peruse the TP, I just hate that I can't try them on first.

Good luck mamas!
#25 of 32 Old 06-14-2006, 06:36 PM

i just bought some "shapers" from barely there...

i never pictured myself as a girdle woman but this inner tube has got to be tamed!
#26 of 32 Old 06-15-2006, 11:03 AM

i've been doing no dairy for liam to help with gas, and i gotta say, another one of my main motivations is that it helps me from eating a lot of junk that wouldn't help this weight come off, like ice cream, cheese, chips, etc.. instead i've been making salads and eating more whole grains and stuff. which i do anyway but now i don't have the convenience option. and i do feel pretty good, too.

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
#27 of 32 Old 06-15-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPaige
i just bought some "shapers" from barely there...

i never pictured myself as a girdle woman but this inner tube has got to be tamed!
I hear ya. I have a Hanes Her Way shaper that fits like underpants that come all the way up to under my breasts. I wore this a lot when I went back to work just to make my clothes fit a little better. Right now it's not doing a whole lot, but it smooths things out.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to have some kind of surgery within the year. I think I can get my muscles to knit back together--there's about a 2 inch gap now--but my belly button is definetely herniated, and I'm pretty sure it was after dd1, I was just in denial. It's still sticking out and you can see it through my clothes!

The good news is my belly gets smaller every day and my really big size L Old Navy maternity jeans are now too big so I can retire them! The M pair I just bought fit but are loose so maybe those won't fit as long as I thought they would. I will be more than happy to go buy some regular jeans soon, even if they're a huge size!

#28 of 32 Old 06-18-2006, 01:50 PM

Okay, I have 20 lbs to go myself and I have a question...why does everyone here say that the weight will come off after breastfeeding? Isn't breastfeeding supposed to take weight off you?
#29 of 32 Old 06-18-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevyne
Okay, I have 20 lbs to go myself and I have a question...why does everyone here say that the weight will come off after breastfeeding? Isn't breastfeeding supposed to take weight off you?
It apparently depends on the person. Some people find that breastfeeding prevents them from losing the last 5-10 lbs. In my case it just sucked the weight off...not at an unhealthy rate or anything, but last time I gained 60 lbs and by 7 months pp I was at my prepregnancy weight.
The only thing is that you have to eat normally and drink well or it can hurt your milk supply. So you really can't diet.
#30 of 32 Old 06-19-2006, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
"Okay, I have 20 lbs to go myself and I have a question...why does everyone here say that the weight will come off after breastfeeding? Isn't breastfeeding supposed to take weight off you?"

LIke Emily said it depends on the person. I had two friend that where back in their skinny jeans two months later. But for me unfortunately I don't lose weight from breastfeeding until the second year of breastfeeding. I actually think it is because my appetite decreases after the 1 year mark.

I have lost 20 lbs from baby and swelling. I hope to lose another 5-10 as I still have some swelling in my legs to lose which will leave me 20 over my goal weight.

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page