cloth diapers are evil lOL! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-23-2006, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used cloth years ago when ds now 15 was a baby. IT was a sad pitiful experience with sagging leaky diapers-I didn't have the interent then-since it hadn't really become the all powerful source of all knowledge it is now. Well, now I have the internet and was able to elarn about cloth diapers. Being the frugal mommy that I am I bought good covers and prefolds and just a few Aio diapers for dh to use. I even splurged on a few second hand fuzzi bunz.

WELL---then I found the diaper forum here at mothering.com. I will warn everyone who has not yet found the show and tell section--do not go there. IT is a bad place destined to separate you from your money from there I learned about hyenacart and all the wonderful cloth diapers and wool soakers that would look so cute on my little guy! So much for saving money! I guess I will jsut have to rest assured that I am sparing my local landfill. So off I go to drool over the offerings at hyenacart--I guess I had to become addicted to something sorta sad that its diapers though

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 06-23-2006, 01:43 PM

Yes, don't go there! I was diaper hyena with my first two babes so I went to simple ME covers and prefolds this time because we are tight on money and I would cause serious financial probs if I visited the diapering forum very often.

I got the prefolds, PM me your PP addy, k?
#3 of 10 Old 06-23-2006, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes, oh so evil! If we had any scratch off to ordering I would be! I must be content to look and long. *Sighs heavily*

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#4 of 10 Old 06-23-2006, 05:14 PM

nak

i totally hear ya! we did 7gen for dd1 so i'm new to the wonders of cding. i never thought i could get so into it. i'm very glad that i bought a whole used stash of nb & small hemp pf's/niji covers so i'm not trying to justify buying all sorts of dipes. i was starting to get the next size up but my friend just offered me her big stash of fuzzi bunz so i need to wait to see what i really need.

and tomorrow i'm going to a diaper circle at the babyworks retail store! must. have. control!

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#5 of 10 Old 06-23-2006, 06:00 PM

I hear you..I am putting dh in the poor house
#6 of 10 Old 06-23-2006, 06:43 PM

I don't even look. Not so much because of the money, but because I don't need the complications of different types of dipes. I'm trying to stick to the CPF with BSWW/mama made wool covers and a few FBs.
#7 of 10 Old 06-24-2006, 12:53 AM

I'm an FB girl. Mostly because everything other than pockets reeeeeeally confuses me.

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#8 of 10 Old 06-24-2006, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCaz
I'm an FB girl. Mostly because everything other than pockets reeeeeeally confuses me.
I'm FB-Faithful too
They're so easssssy! But that doesn't mean I don't drool over the really nice diapers, I just can't actually buy them

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#9 of 10 Old 06-24-2006, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

i will say the FBs i have are my favorite for nights-i love how soft they are inside too.I am also finding that summer babies are nice because a diaper and a t-shirt can be considered an outfit!

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#10 of 10 Old 06-24-2006, 08:14 PM

whatever you do, DO NOT join the diaperswapper.com forum!!!! lol. i swear, a whole forum dedicated to sucking me into buying cute stuff for my baby's butt... it's starting to be quite a habit for me!!!!! i'd better start knitting b/c wool shorties are our thing for the summer, and i can't afford to keep buying them!!!!!

Amy, mama to "Pumpkin" (DD1, 5/16/06) and "Squashy" (DD2, 7/10/09)
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance"- Confucius

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page