7/23 Weekly check in - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 66 Old 07-23-2006, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, we haven't been archived yet. When we do, should we try to continue this in the archives or in Life w/Babe?

We are having a nice day today - it's my birthday. I woke up next to my little one, after having slept in (now that in itself is a wonderful gift!), and thought "I have the best gifts of all w/my dh & children." My kids gave me a great big birthday welcome when I got up and took me out for breakfast. Tonight dh & I are going to go out to dinner - alone. This will be our first time alone since baby was born. His mom is coming to watch the kids & the restaurant is literally just down the street, so all should be fine.

Hope you all are having wonderful days too!

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#2 of 66 Old 07-23-2006, 02:10 PM

Aww, Happy Birthday mama!!!!!! Hope you enjoy your day!!! I just made a huge post on the other thread: Forgot all about today being Sunday!!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#3 of 66 Old 07-23-2006, 11:38 PM

happy birthday mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#4 of 66 Old 07-23-2006, 11:44 PM

Happy Birthday Max!! Hope you had a great dinner out!!
#5 of 66 Old 07-23-2006, 11:48 PM

Oh and Sydnee...I read your post on the other thread!!

I'm so excited that you (and MCB) are Super Nanny watchers too. I totally cringe at all the shaming and naughty chair business but I *DO* think she offers a lot of great creative ideas that ultimately lead to more gentle parenting.

Want to know my other guilty pleasure lately? Wife Swap. : Ugh. I really need to get a life.
#6 of 66 Old 07-24-2006, 02:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can't believe how fast the weeks are going.

Happy birthday Max!!!!

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014
#7 of 66 Old 07-24-2006, 12:57 PM

Wow ~ a new week already. I can hardly believe that Kirsten is 2 months old already .

Max ~ Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful evening out.

I haven't had a chance to read the last thread yet.

We're doing great here, in spite of the heat and humidity. Our power was out all day Friday after a huge storm came through the St. Louis area. Luckily, it was back up by the evening though. My older two *need* their fans on to sleep and bedtime would have been torturous with them ! Kirsten is wonderful. So smiley and happy and content. I just look at her, with her chunky thighs and arm rolls and think I MADE her and my body is nourishing her STILL and it amazes me every time. The older two have actually started to play really well together. They went from constant arguing and bickering to DS saying, "Kay, come play with me!" It makes my heart sing .

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#8 of 66 Old 07-24-2006, 03:27 PM

Happy Birthday Max! :

I'm just popping on periodically trying to score some points at Sleeping Baby for a new sling. Not that I have the money. :
#9 of 66 Old 07-24-2006, 06:10 PM

Happy birthday Max!!

Of course wyatt is waking up now that I sat down to check in-I hope everyones babies are getting fat

be back around later when I have a minute~~~

mother, wife, sister, friend--step mom to one grown man and mommy to 3 boys-ages 19, 10 and 4
#10 of 66 Old 07-24-2006, 06:43 PM

Max, happy birthday!

Kristina, I heard about the storms in your area. We had some crazy storms in coastal Maine too last week--our power didn't go out, but those further down the peninsula lost it for 2 days. Luckily it doesn't really get that hot here! (It's 80 now and it feels sweltering!)

Last night the three of us went out to dinner for our anniversary, which was last Friday. Phoebe is getting really good at sleeping in the sling while I eat dinner in a restaurant! A month ago I was wondering if I'd ever be able to eat a meal without interruption or at the same time as dh. It's so nice now that she's content in the sling or in her bouncy seat while I eat! In a week or two we are going to drive down to Boston for a few days to stay with friends and see free Shakespeare in the Common--you can't start them too young on theater! (we used to live there, so it's really fun to go back as a visitor once you know where to park and the best ways to get around!). It will be Phoebe's first road trip and I'm looking forward to it. It will be fun, but it will also be a good reminder for why we didn't want to have kids in the city!
#11 of 66 Old 07-24-2006, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Sayon's got the squirmsies. Happy Birthday Max! I hope you had a glorious one. BBL...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#12 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 09:52 AM

Anyone else losing their hair? I could make a small wig with the amount of hair that's come out of my head in the last couple of weeks. OK fine, this is supposed to be normal and all but it's very disconcerting. My luscious head of hair is noticably thinner. Ugh, when does this stop? : : :

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#13 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 11:31 AM

Each time I've lost tons of hair... but this time I'm not noticing it much so either the hair loss hasn't started yet or my hair is so short that I'm just not noticing it like I did when it was long.
#14 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 12:05 PM

I always loose a little patch on my front left side. Like seriously, I am bald in one spot.: It's not so bad this time, though.

#15 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yes, losing lots of hair here too. Between me & the dog, our house is pretty darn hairy. Or, as my kids like to say, "de-sgusting!"

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#16 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 01:31 PM

i lost a ton off hair after dd was born. so far, not so much this time.

i'm pretty sure ill be getting my period any day. : felt ovulation pains a little over a week ago and now i'm super crampy/gassy/heavy down low.

i didn't get my first pp period until dd was almost a year. this time i'm nursing 2 and getting it at 2 1/2 mos.
#17 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 02:50 PM

Erin.. I've been having weird pains too. I got 6 months off with dd1 and 13 months with ds so I was really hoping for more like a year again. And I've been having crazy sexy dreams even though I have no drive.
#18 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 03:18 PM

Ya know....as much as I'm like about getting it so early. In a way I'm kind of glad. At least I can start charting. And hopefully have at least some inkling of a sex drive again.

I just kind of assumed that I would get as long of a break this time as I did last time.

The other positive is that when we are ready to get pregnant again, at least my body will be ready! With DD it took us a year because I had been on the pill waaaaaaaay too long and my cycles were so wonky. With DS we were ready to TTC before I started ovulating so we had to wait a bit (just a couple of months...but still, you know how it is when you want to be pregnant NOW)!
#19 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 03:51 PM

Happy belated b-day to max! Sunday was our first Anniversary. Yeah, so with Matt coming over a month early it now looks to everyone like I got knocked up on the Honeymoon!!!

We forgot about the top layer of cake which has been in our freezer over a year! We're going to take it out tonight, lol. I think its going to be disgusting... Its been taking up a quarter of our freezer for the past year... Mmmmmm. Anyone else do that whacky tradition? How nummy was your year old cake?

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#20 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCaz
We forgot about the top layer of cake which has been in our freezer over a year! We're going to take it out tonight, lol. I think its going to be disgusting... Its been taking up a quarter of our freezer for the past year... Mmmmmm. Anyone else do that whacky tradition? How nummy was your year old cake?
Happy Anniversary!

Our cake top was GNARLY one year later ! Hope yours fared better.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#21 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 07:37 PM

We didn't keep our cake... I don't really like cake.

LOL
#22 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 08:01 PM

im back from vacation and glad to see mdc is back up and running
#23 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 08:17 PM

Our cake top was NASTY! It had real flowers on it. They did not age well.
#24 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 08:56 PM

nak... happy belated b-day max... fellow late july b-day mama (mine is the 27th). i'm soooooo glad that we all popped in april/may/june, b/c can you imagine being SUUUUUUPER pregnant in this heat like our mothers were???? arrgghhh.. i can barely tolerate it carrying a baby around, and i'm in Wisconsin (although it's like 90 every day with like 80% humidity). i moved away from Cincinnati b/c i hated hot humid weather, and what did i get??? now i'm just surrounded by cheese-heads in hot, humid weather. : :

anyway, glad to hear everyone sounding happy though! i've got mixed feelings on the AF issue. I have zero sex drive as well, but i don't want to fool myself into thinking it'll come back in case it doesn't. i had some trouble with that before we got preggo and i always thought it was from the pill, but i'm not on it now, so if it doesn't come back, then it's just me and not the pill.

as for hair, i just got mine cut really short b/c i was tired of making such a mess shedding so much. me, my yellow lab, and my yellow tabby cat are all doing some SERIOUS damage on our house. it's nasty. i felt bad once when i pulled one of my hairs out of Adia's neck fold. :

we didn't even do the cake thing, so no anniversary stuff for us (we both forgot our anniversary this year ). we had a somewhat of a non-traditional wedding anyway, so we weren't heavy on the traditional stuff, although i sorta-kinda regret that. at least i was wearing an actual wedding dress!!! i'm not sure i'd be up for actually EATING the year old cake. perhaps just sit it on the kitchen table and let it defrost while you look at wedding pics, or something that reminds you of the day... then look at your munchkin, and i think you'll feel really happy.

and, hey for all that were talking about Moby wraps, THANK YOU!!!!! everyone was talking about them and Adia has been wanting to nap on us, so we finally bought one from another mama. it has REVOLUTIONIZED my life. lol. i'm serious, i get sooooo much more done now b/c she'll sleep on me while i do all the housework, and i don't worry about whether she's ok or whether she's going to wake up any second. it's AWESOME!!!

oh, and our EC'ing is going really well. last night she peed a tiny bit in her super nighttime dipe that i put on her, but when she woke up today, i took her to the potty, she peed enough for an adult (seriously, WOW!!!!), took a little poo, then we went back to bed with no dipe and nursed!!! i felt silly putting her in that super dipe when she didn't need it. i love the nakey bum!!! baby butts are so cute, it's a shame we always cover them up so much!! let 'em hang free ladies!!!

wow, that was a long post. sorry all! everyone be careful with all the heat. ciao!

Amy, mama to "Pumpkin" (DD1, 5/16/06) and "Squashy" (DD2, 7/10/09)
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance"- Confucius
#25 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 09:16 PM

RE: Anniversary cake, we ate ours. It was actually quite tasty.

Lil Lainers and I have to runny poos. Mine is baaaad, I start getting cramps, and must RUN to the loo.: Emma had a temp on Sunday, about 102, but only lasted 8 hours, now she's fine. Weird, but this little virus has made it's way through the daycare, ick.

Bamboomama- I actually have tried doing the EC a couple times to no avail, but I am going to keep trying. Great concept, even if I don't do it fulltime.

Mom2nat&will- How was your vacation? Glad to have you back!

Cindycaz- Happy belated anniversary!

dharmama- When do you think you will TTC? I will be sooo jealous!

And yes, last Thursday and Friday I had major cramps, thought for sure AF was on her way, but maybe I was just ovulating??

#26 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 09:35 PM

mamatheheart-you asked a couple weeks ago if Eli is very spitty-do you mean lots of spit-up?If so,YES!!!!!I really need to narrow down this issue,as it affects our sleep, and he spits up so much, he is fussy and hungry again,so we nurse and burp a good 75% of our lives,the rest is sleep,fart,poop,change,pee,change,laundry,and back to nursing,then spitting up and you know the rest....He's been cueing poop for a couple weeks now!So young!
He's not a fussy baby,really,which is surprising with all the gas.He did just get over a 3 day colic spree though.That was no fun.

Thankyou all for your sympathies regarding our pets.

No house-selling yet,Our best neighbors just sold theirs though-they moved today and we are all bummed.They had kids the same ages as all ours!Dd1 was best friends with the girl her age, and keeps asking to go over to play SO sad!She then asks what other kids live by us,but none do!We hear the new folks have 2 kids,but no idea what ages.I SO hope one is a 4-5 yr. old girl!The house is trashed now,Dd1 has just made 2 firework pinata'swith streamers and gummie bears taped in a bubbles container and a toy boat,and taped an ark toy into an empty pinata-we are now out of tape.Now it's dinner time.What fun!!!

:::
#27 of 66 Old 07-25-2006, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnee
dharmama- When do you think you will TTC? I will be sooo jealous!
i haven't even convinced dh that we definitely are having another...i've just made up *my* mind that we are!

seriously...if he agrees (which i'm pretty sure he will ....i'd like to try for 2-2.5 year spacing again. life is totally right now but i think it's going to be a lot of fun having kids who are fairly close in age. i'm already totally loving watching them interact. ds gives the biggest smiles of all to dd!!

happy anniversary cindy!! our baker made us an anniversary cake...a mini version of our wedding cake...so we didn't have to worry about saving/freezing.
#28 of 66 Old 07-26-2006, 12:27 PM

nak

erin we want to ttc in 2, 2.5 years also. maybe we'll be in the same ddc again.

i hope you enjoyed your anniversary cindy! we skipped our happy heinies on down to the courthouse, both sick as dogs with the flu , dressed in our street clothes with a best girlfriend of mine and her 2 little ones in attendance so no tradition here! this was about a week after the courthouse shootings here in atlanta so getting in there was nutty and the judge was late b/c the other judges there were taking up the cases of the judge who was killed, so tragic. crazy huh?

michelle bite your tongue! how dare you not like cake!

bamboomama I'm thinking all our little ones will be spring babies. well i suppose we'll see how that works out. if i were to be in late pg during this heat, oh man, somebody's going down! : i was totally out of my element when dh and i moved back to his home state of wi for a year or so a few years back. summer was great, but winter, good grief! : and yes, DS and i live in our moby. i want another one cause when i have to break down and wash it, i'm lost! : oh, and i have been catching a decent amount of pees and just started catching poos yesterday. i love ec! the nekkid baby bum is the tops.

krs i hope your dd finds a new playmate soon!

m2n&w i'm glad you guys enjoyed your vacation!

i just started watching some neighbors son last night and that was some crazy stuff! he's 10 months old and boy can he move. with 2 babies cranky at once, insanity! i'm glad to be bringing a little cash flow into the house and still be able to stay with my son though. it did feel kind of weird not focusing all of my attention on my little guy.

happy wednesday all!

#29 of 66 Old 07-26-2006, 01:00 PM

omg mcb, getting married with the flu?! :

I'm totally with you guys on spring babies... dd1 was a January babe, which is better than a summer babe since I can't imagine being preggers in the heat but I loved my April and May births. And I love the 2 or 3 year age gap (2 years was perfect between dd1 and ds and 3 years was perfect between ds and dd2). I'm hoping I can talk dh into one more in either spring 2008 or 2009. After that we'd be done though because dh just celebrated his 43rd birthday.
#30 of 66 Old 07-26-2006, 01:36 PM

My hair's starting to fall out, too! I got it cut supershort two days before ds was born, but it grows so fast that I'm ready to get it chopped off again. Too bad I don't have the time!

This week/weekend has been spent cleaning the house! We've been decluttering like crazy & I finally cleaned the shower (an hour job) like I've been meaning to do for...I don't know how long. :

Simon's just started doing this little shriek laughing when he gets REALLY excited. So cute! And he's been rolling to one side trying soooo hard to get completely over. The bulk of his little cd bottom is keeping him down, though. heehee.

I'd write more, but it's naptime!

~Lizzie~

Four boys: Corey (11) blahblah.gif , Aiden REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif  (8), Simon superhero.gif   (5), Timothy bouncy.gif (2).  Shh! Surprise no. 5 in October 2012! belly.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page