Any symptoms yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 61 Old 09-26-2005, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I've got this chronic heart-burn... I'm heading out tomorrow for papaya enzymes, but that's been the only physical symptom I've had yet. Non-physical symptom is just the most freaking STRANGE and VIVID dreams.

Both are par for a pregnancy with my other two, so I'm rather taking comfort in them...

Anyone else?

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

#2 of 61 Old 09-26-2005, 09:43 AM

I have this night time(of course) nausea. And I 'm extremely tired, but I do day care with 6 kids and have my own 2 and I'm up from about 3-5;30 most nights sick. Oh well it will be better soon. Won't it?
#3 of 61 Old 09-26-2005, 01:34 PM

I've had the beginnings of heart-burn/acid reflux ... usually it starts mild at night when I lay down and by the end of the pregnancy, I'm usually getting sick from it (it's my form of m/s as I don't get the usual m/s). I've also had the muscle strain/cramping feeling on the right side of my abdomen/uterus area ... get it with every pregnancy, especially when I roll over in bed too quickly or sneeze. Every now and then I get some breast tenderness ... once in a while it feels like a general tightening across my chest; sometimes it feels like nipple tenderness, especially when ds#2 nurses.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#4 of 61 Old 09-26-2005, 06:02 PM

So far no heartburn(w dd I had it from day 1 until I delivered!) I have had very weird dreams (did that before too), a yucky feeling in belly (big time before) so I guess my all day sickness will start soon. Also I am very tired at night before bed- very tired.

I also get this weird sudden cramp in my left abdomen/uterus area too. It happened before but later than now. That was one of my first clues. I had one last night while getting to sleep, I moved a bit and bamn!! It also happens getting out of the car too fast, sneezing etc. It freaked my poor dh out though.

I am also getting the boob thing going. I might need to switch bras sooner than later this time. Also everything smells real bad- anything and everything.

So I already told dh I need to get to bed early for a few weeks since this time I do not see a 2 hour time for napping like I had w the 1st one.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#5 of 61 Old 09-26-2005, 07:02 PM

Oh yea, I forgot about smells ...even though I don't get sick, man a smell can put me over the edge. I remember how hard it was to change ds#1's poopy diapers when I was pregnant with ds#2 ... that's started now too. Plus the dog food is disgusting to smell ... fortunately, if he's home, dh is fantastic about handling things like cleaning out the fridge, feeding the dog, and changing poopy diapers. Maybe ds#2 will become an evening pooper!

#6 of 61 Old 09-26-2005, 08:46 PM

oh wow- forgot about poopy diapers since we are on a diaper free rigimen now and for another 9 mos !!

Any of you- can you direct me to the best cloth diaper place? We are doing that next time for sure!! Take you time if need be (we have plenty of it!!) but a website or two would be fine too.

Any nursing mamas? I am feeling for you since my boobs are sore already.
(DD CLWd about a year ago)

I do know that I am not exhuasted during the day yet, but it is coming soon. If possbible feed your freezer w some meals like I'm doing. You will be grateful in a few weeks when your too tired or crummy feeling to even think of making dinner. Also, since I'm a sahm, we do not have a huge eat out/take out budget.

But back to the smell- its the garbage outside, my neighbor's house, a few stores I have been in (??) and some people's homes. Maybe they have pets or something but man it hits me hard.

And yes, dh is very good about doing jobs too. He will be buying chicken again since I know it will make me sick real soon. That and fish.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#7 of 61 Old 09-26-2005, 10:57 PM

Of course, ds had to go poop right after I had posted that!

In terms of cd's ... what are you looking for? DiaperWare has an awesome selection with a bit of everything, from prefolds and flats, to fitteds and covers, to all-in-ones. We are mostly a flat/prefold family, but I also like making fitted prefolds and semi-fitteds for ds. This time I'm thinking I might make a bunch of bikini-cut cuddlebuns, but turn&topstitch them, and only make them as a shell. Then I can put as much inside (usualy a folded up flat) depending on who it is ... ds or the baby. But enough about me : - check out Diaperware ... I have always loved shopping there. Oh, and GreenAcreDesigns makes awesome pockets! Finally we found something that will hold up overnight for ds#1!!!

I'm waiting for my chicken/brocolli/asian food aversions to kick in ... I can't stand anything resembling them while pregnant. Already they don't sound good at all, though I was able to eat some rotisserie chicken on a sandwich over the weekend; I could tell though that it wasn't tasting so good. I totally up my intake of dairy and beans while pregnant because otherwise chicken is our main meat source. Oh, and I CRAVE steak while pregnant!!! (I also run a bit anemic, which is probably why the red meat is so dang good!)

#8 of 61 Old 09-27-2005, 09:45 AM

I also crave steak while prgnt and nursing. I also tend to be anemic myself so maybe thats why. I 'm usually not a big steak eater at all so it amuses my dh when I do.

I do not drink cow's milk myself (dh and dd drink organic cow's milk) I have had this problem for about a year. But I drank a lot of milk when prg w dd and ate a lot of ice cream which I normally dislike. dd loves ice cream and milk just like dh. I drink soy now and I am ok w cheese but not a lot. Also ice cream gives me an upset stomach so I tend to avoid it now.

Thankfully this prgncy dosent mind coffee so I have just cut down on intake. With dd, coffee tasted terrible and this time so far ok. We are big time coffee people- dh roasts the beans and all.

So far my nipples have gotten huge already and they are itchy and painful. DH said the other day- Wow! They are already big!! Like a kid in a candy store Last time it took awhile.

Food is starting to taste blah. Like you said- chicken is one culprit.

Brit- thanks for the links!

#9 of 61 Old 09-28-2005, 08:49 AM

i didn't realize the crampiness/abdomen pain was a pregnancy symptom. I was actually a little worried that it was a sign of something wrong (I don't remember feeling it with ds#1). Incredibly, my first pregnancy symptom was the day after we conceived--I got an overwhelming desire to reorganize our office and do some serious cleaning. For some weird reason, being pregnant makes me want to clean! I was suspicious right away. Now, I have a feeling of fullness constantly, an aversion to coffee , and serious pain while nursing.
#10 of 61 Old 09-30-2005, 09:50 AM

Not a whole lot, heartburn which I have all the time anyway. The big one so far is extreme exhaustion. I have been ready to fall asleep at 7 every night. I think I have 2 more weeks until the nausia sets in.
#11 of 61 Old 09-30-2005, 12:36 PM

I am hoping I can escape the nausea as I have doen with all 3 of my children. I am so sorry for those of you that do get sick....it must be awful.

I am REALLY tired and hungry and that's about it so far. Not too unusual for me, but I sometimes wish I had more symptoms for peace of mind.

Not to worry - the horrible acid reflux where I can't even lay down in bed, will be here soon enough!

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#12 of 61 Old 09-30-2005, 12:42 PM

I'm sure the nausa will be here any minute now. But the good news- it might not be bad since my first prgncy I had it from day 1. Also heartburn from day 1. the reflux I got around 2-3 trimstr.

I have weird cravings, very big nipples, I'm getting hemmoriods already sighhh. I am exhausted by 8pm. Also around 4pm I need to do a sofa thing for a while but who has a while?

But since I know that the 24 hr exhuastion will come too, I am doing a semi nesting- if something needs to get done, do it. Also when I have energy I do things.

But, we have two family bday parties this weekend. One on each side and both families know. I am worried though about what is being served if it will make me ill or not.

#13 of 61 Old 09-30-2005, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm exhausted and have been waking up nauseous in the mornings. Just generally feeling crapppy. Don't recall this with ds, my HCG levels are rising a lot faster this time around, too. Maybe it's a girl!
#14 of 61 Old 10-01-2005, 04:07 PM

Hi all...I'm new here...have had a smidgen of nausea, starting to feel some fatigue.

I am still nursing my 18mo dd, but so far, no soreness. I know it's just a matter of time...anyone else here dealt with this? Is it unbearable?

I did notice this morning that my milk wasn't near as plentiful. Usually, when dd first nurses in the morning, I have to sort of hold the other breast to keep it from leaking too much, but today it wasn't necessary.

So excited to be in the group!
#15 of 61 Old 10-01-2005, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliwan
Hi all...I'm new here...have had a smidgen of nausea, starting to feel some fatigue.

I am still nursing my 18mo dd, but so far, no soreness. I know it's just a matter of time...anyone else here dealt with this? Is it unbearable?

I did notice this morning that my milk wasn't near as plentiful. Usually, when dd first nurses in the morning, I have to sort of hold the other breast to keep it from leaking too much, but today it wasn't necessary.

So excited to be in the group!
Hi, I'm new in this group too
I am also nursing my 19 month old ds and finding it a bit sore, certainly bearable though. It was noticeable a day or two before my period was due and so far hasn't gotten any worse. Seems to be worse during the night than in the daytime ?? I haven't noticed a change in milk supply yet but it seems to let down faster. Go figure.

Other than that, a bit of nausea, nothing compared to last time though (I had hyperemesis last time), crossing my fingers it doesn't come back. And a bit more tired than usual but I suppose that is to be expected with a super-active toddler who does not exactly sleep through the night yet :LOL

Nice to "meet" everyone here!

Kirsten
#16 of 61 Old 10-01-2005, 09:17 PM

OK I take back the little symptoms yet today I have been plagued with nausia. I searched all over for the sea bands but I think I am going to have order some online.
#17 of 61 Old 10-01-2005, 10:31 PM

The other night I had my bout with nausea ... I remember with ds#2, before I knew I was pregnant (thought I had my period at implantation bleeding), I had one morning I woke quite ill and ended up throwing up. The other night I felt the same, though without the vomitting. I think maybe some hormone surge hit me. Now I'm just dealing with a completely unpredictable appetite and it's driving dh nuts! I don't feel like eating most things but carbs, although I love homemade maple yogurt right now too. Unfortunately, dh and my boys are "suffering" because I so don't feel like cooking anything for dinner.

As for nursing, I'm noticing nipple pain more than breast tenderness. It's getting quite uncomfortable whenever ds latches on, and usually the discomfort lasts throughout the nursing. I've been doing a lot of "milkies are night-night now and need rest" when he tries to nurse/pacify while sleeping. I'm wondering if it'll get worse or just stay how it is. Other than that, my breasts are already starting to itch! Oh the joys, huh?!

#18 of 61 Old 10-01-2005, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakyboobs
So I've got this chronic heart-burn... I'm heading out tomorrow for papaya enzymes, but that's been the only physical symptom I've had yet. Non-physical symptom is just the most freaking STRANGE and VIVID dreams.

Both are par for a pregnancy with my other two, so I'm rather taking comfort in them...

Anyone else?
Forgive a May momma for butting in, I saw this in the new threads list...

The Rainbow Light brand Complete Prenatal System contains a special digestive complex that is supposed to help with heartburn and nausea. I feel like an advertisement for RL, but I really like the vitamins (they're food based and don't make me nauseous or pukey)!
#19 of 61 Old 10-01-2005, 11:06 PM

My nursing clwd a year ago and my nipples are so sore and itchy so I cannot imagine what you poor mamas are going thru

Your nurslings may wean from your prgncy. It may cut your suplly down or change its taste- its mother nature weaning nothing to worry about. It happened to a couple of my friends. One child actaully told her he didn't like her apple juice and wanted his milk back in there.

I have no real appetite. This is our veggie baby. I have a huge problen w red meat right now. Fish and chicken do not bother me this time. I do not get it.
But I am craving raw veggies and fruit. Not a bad thing to have to pig out on I guess.

#20 of 61 Old 10-03-2005, 02:35 AM

Well, I've had super tender (like someone used them as a punching bag) breasts, since very early (maybe a week before my beta) ... but that may be the progesterone shots.
I'm having the crazy dreams, and heartburn just started tonight, and i'm super hungry all the time, but some things make me gag. Raw veggies (like salad) sound awful, and i'm totally craving meat... which is so bizarre - as I used to be a vegetarian.

I'm not super tired, quite the opposite, i have some insomnia, and then don't feel sleepy during the day....

Should someone start a sticky thread so we know who everyone is?

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#21 of 61 Old 10-03-2005, 08:16 AM

Funny I'm a vegetarien to and the other night Dh was eating a stake I was up half the night thinking about the leftovers in the fridge. ROLF :LOL
#22 of 61 Old 10-03-2005, 10:18 AM

I am never surprised anymore how one mama can eat raw veggies like me and throw up at the smell of steak and then another cannot eat the raw veggies and pig out on the steak ROFL.

Seriously w my dd I would not even be able to stand in our veggie garden without puking. My DH had to do all the canning since the veggies made me sick. I could not eat fish for months and I crave it this time

Last night at my ILs house they had this beautiful roast pork w apples around it. Thankfully my mil made string beans and sweet potoatoes and wheat buns or I could not eat. I bit into an apple and tasted the pork- and I almost gagged. She laughed when I pigged out on the string beans since I normally do not eat as many.

The night before we were at my brothers house for a bbq for my nephews birthday. They had sausages, burgers etc. So I just took care of all the kids so their parents could eat. I ate earlier. DH grillled me our last eggplant and wrapped it around goat cheese (not alot) and out it on a bed of lettuce w kalamatas, and chopped tomatos. I inhaled it. Again- there was no way you could have gotten me to eat that with DD.

#23 of 61 Old 10-04-2005, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

The nipple soreness has set in here. It isn't really too bad. Feels kinda like a light case of thrush. Just some discomfort at the beginning of the nursing and then kinda worse after it is over, but not too bad. Last time it was the nursing aversion that was worse for me so we'll see if that comes up this time.
Getting a little sleepy in the afternoon (what IS IT about 4pm?) but I'm still able to sleep though the night without needing to get up to pee. The ravenous hunger is subsiding though (a little earlier than the last 2 times) so I'm a little worried how far the other way I'll go... I've never puked with m/s, just didn't feel like eating for about 6 weeks. Maybe I'm having a girl this time... : We're still not done yet so I guess I don't really care... though it would be nice to use all these girl clothes my sister has been saving for me... :LOL

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

#24 of 61 Old 10-05-2005, 07:36 AM

I had that crampy thing too and was afraid it was something bad.

Nausea yesterday afternoon.

Exhaustion

Swollen nasal membranes.

And that full feeling, KWIM?

With dd I had NO m/s, but the nasal membrane thing.
#25 of 61 Old 10-05-2005, 09:55 AM

No symptoms yet, other then a missed period. I am 5 weeks today! I am have a really nasty cold right now that is driving me crazy I think with my others I started feeling yucky around 7 weeks!
#26 of 61 Old 10-06-2005, 03:04 AM

I have some mild nausea and I'm using the bands and they really work well.
Big time heartburn and the papaya isn't working.
Tiredness
Needing to pee all the time and then...nothing.
Sore, sore, sore boobs. I went out and bought a stretchy sport bra in a bigger size and I wear it all the time.
My clothes are getting too tight! I've already put 2 skirts in the "Can't wear for a year or so" box.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#27 of 61 Old 10-06-2005, 10:19 AM

I just ordered a Bravado no nursing bra. It comes in today- I will let you know how it is. But I am outgrowing my bras.

#28 of 61 Old 10-06-2005, 11:47 AM

Really I dont have much symptoms yet just a little bit tired and mood swings and craving ramien noodles and I usually dont like those.

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#29 of 61 Old 10-06-2005, 04:45 PM

I love Bravado bras... I have three from my pregnancy/nursing with DD and I'm going to order more for this one! Love them!

I'm tired, but I also haven't been sleeping well.

peeing a lot, but I usually do anyway.

Thirsty.

Slightly tender boobs, but not horribly.

I'm hungry, but I'm hungry most of the time anyway :P

So I pretty much feel like myself, but more so! LOL.

But I'm only 4 weeks along. Last time I didn't really get symptoms until 7-8 weeks, so we're getting there.

And Amys1st I'm not the most versatile cloth diaperer out there, but I always get mine from NaturalBabies.com. I like that the shipping is cheap and she is so good about getting things to you fast. My newborn stash was pretty much infant prefolds, Prorap covers, and some Kissaluv fitted diapers. This time around I decided I like pocket diapers so I'll probably pick up some smallish fuzzibunz as well! (omg... I get to buy wee baby diapers again )

There is a lot of cloth diapering info to be had at MDC. I avoid the diapering forum because I don't want to be sucked in to being cloth-obsessed But they are nice, and easier than you'd think.
#30 of 61 Old 10-06-2005, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight
So I pretty much feel like myself, but more so! LOL.
I love that, Twilight! That's a very good way to describe how I'm feeling, too.

I'm hungry, but I'm always hungry. I think my sense of smell is starting to be heightened though, which is a weird sensation! A little tired, but I also haven't sleeping as well/as long as I normally do - I think I'm too excited to sleep!

I just contacted a new doctor that I would like to switch to, and I get to go see her next Tuesday! It feels good to have the ball "officially" rolling, kwim?

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page