Any unusual craving yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-28-2005, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We all know the symptoms we seem to be having- but what do you want to eat? It only gets worse too since this is just the beginning!!

With my first I craved vanilla ice cream, chocolate candy, pizza, and hot dogs from a certain place in my neighborhood- had to be from there. Also the hot dog one lasted the entire pregntcy!!
The weird thing is I am not a big chocolate lover, I do not eat ice cream now nor have I ever been a big ice cream person, and I do not like hot dogs at all. These are all favorites of my DD I might add. Plus chopped salads were a big thing and this is DD's all time favorite thing and has been since she was about 15 mos or so. Its kind of weird going to this place we get it at and my 3 yr old is pigging out on a big salad and everyone else is looking at her like- Why isn't she eating chicken things?

Now:
I am going for sushi this afternoon. I am really craving that and I have this great need for broccolli? Well, I guess its at least healthy. Also I have had my share this week of lettuce salads w olive oil and a bit of blasamic vingr.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#2 of 5 Old 09-28-2005, 09:15 PM

Nothing as of yet....just starving! Feel sick when I eat and really hungry not long after. No complaints....all good signs! Eager to hear what others are craving!

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#3 of 5 Old 09-28-2005, 09:44 PM

I crave caesar salad, oranges/oj, ice cream, and pizza ... the same as with both boys. Today, all I've eaten are carbs ... I think I've had 3 croissants, and a bowl of ramen noodles for lunch.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#4 of 5 Old 09-29-2005, 09:19 AM

I've been craving salads with lots of creamy dressing and yogurt. With ds #1, it was potatoes (and I hate potatoes!), salad greens, and an ethnic Lebanese food called "menaeesh" --it's bread baked in a stone oven, topped with thyme, sesame seeds, and olive oil, or lamb, or cheese. In Lebanese culture (my dh is Lebanese), they believe that if you have a craving, you must satisfy it, and if you don't, and you scratch your body, your baby will have some evidence of your unfulfilled craving. Believe it or not, my ds has a little birthmark the shape and color of a potato on his hip!

So if I have a craving, dh will go to great lengths to get me the food I want (last pregnancy he would drive to my work to bring me menaeesh).
#5 of 5 Old 09-29-2005, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

MY dh also will do what needs to be done with my cravings. Last time he had to drive all over the place to get me stuff.

Yesterday a friend of mine and I dropped our girls off at the preschool and went for sushi. She said over & over- are you sure?? Its was simply heaven!!
I had the lunch special w maki and two rolls and the miso. I ate it all up like it was a last supper. I could go for it again today too. She said hey- if this is your craving, I can go along w it since her DH is vegan so she does not get to go out for sushi that often. This will defeintly eat up my budget very early in the month!!

I had a few people say- Dont eat that its raw!!! I answered- do you have any idea the stuff thats injected into red meat?? I'm sure its just as bad. Red meat has been a real turn off this week. Last week steak was ok though??

Last night I had a big head of broccolli, a cucmber, and some tomatos from our garden for dinner. I also had some for breakfast this morning. I have ha4 some trouble w sugar so I guess thats off the menu for a while.
My best friend said I'm not carrying a baby, its really a dolphin.

I'm off to buy some more green leafy things to satisfy my cravings...

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page