Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
has any one found out your levels yet?
#2 of 17 Old 09-29-2005, 02:05 PM

not yet and I probably won't they don't do them unless you are threatening miscarriage here.
#3 of 17 Old 09-29-2005, 02:59 PM

I had my hCg levels drawn at 12 and 14 dpo. I have had several early losses so it makes me feel better to have them done. Not that anything is for sure, but it does give me peace of mind, that for today, things are going well. Why do you ask? Do you have a specific questions about levels? Most won't do them unless there is a reason or it is requested.

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#4 of 17 Old 09-29-2005, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

I had a tubal reversal in July. So Iam having mine checked. Yesterday was my first at 18 dpo. I called my Dr today and the receptionist said it was 436. Then she says "that's low we like to see them in the thousands, how far along are you?" I tell her 4.5-5 weeks she says "Ohh,well I'll fax over the order and you can go Monday for more blood work the DR might call you" So now I'm thinking OMG whats wrong. My thoughts are
A) They are an OBGYN and normally see women after they have been confirmed and had first few appointments at family Dr so she thought I was farther along
b)I'm fine my levels fall in the normal range and I'm a obsessive geek
c)It's really bad and I 'm doomed
#5 of 17 Old 09-30-2005, 02:20 AM

Here's a page about HCG levels in pg:

http://www.conceivingconcepts.com/le...icles/hcg.html

and this is a chart they have on it:

Quote:
However, a single HCG level cannot indicate a normal pregnancy. In a normal pregnancy there is a regular increase of the HCG, so you need to see more than one value before you can better understand what's going on. Additionally, a single value cannot always tell you how far along the pregnancy is, because of the wide range of blood HCG levels in pregnancy. To illustrate the limitations of looking at a single measurement, here is a sample reference list for HCG levels in singleton pregnancies, based on days past ovulation (DPO):

* At 14 DPO, the average HCG level is 48 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-119 mIU/ml.
* At 15 DPO, the average HCG level is 59 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-147 mIU/ml.
* At 16 DPO, the average HCG level is 95 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 33-223 mIU/ml.
* At 17 DPO, the average HCG level is 132 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-429 mIU/ml.
* At 18 DPO, the average HCG level is 292 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 70-758 mIU/ml.
* At 19 DPO, the average HCG level is 303 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 111-514 mIU/ml.
* At 20 DPO, the average HCG level is 522 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 135-1690 mIU/ml.
* At 21 DPO, the average HCG level is 1061 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 324-4130 mIU/ml.
* At 22 DPO, the average HCG level is 1287 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 185-3279 mIU/ml.
* At 23 DPO, the average HCG level is 2034 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 506-4660 mIU/ml.
* At 24 DPO, the average HCG level is 2637 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 540-10,000 mIU/ml.
so 436 at 18 dpo looks completely fine. I would have been worrying about it, too, because despite knowing that the receptionist doesn't have medical training, well, I'm very good at worrying. :LOL

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#6 of 17 Old 09-30-2005, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

thank you for the chart I did find some others but some are confusing but it looks all around. Like the receptionist is a very overworked women . (possibly on very good drugs ROLF) I feel much better now. And have realized that sometimes the less we know the better we are. In my other pregnancies the blood work was just passed on as positive I didn't say "and what were my levels?"so no worry, this time my BIG mouth................
#7 of 17 Old 09-30-2005, 12:28 PM

Hang in there! We can stress and obsess together. My levels look great, but they are keeping an eye on me because of my history of early losses. I am a very low intervention type person, but the levels have been very reassuring for me so far. I go back on Wed. for a repeat blood draw on Wed., which seems so far away to me! Do you get your levels back the same day or have to wait? Didn't realize I could get mine back the same day until I insisted and now they write "stat" on my lab slip and I get them back in 4 hours. Makes it so I can sleep a little better!

My levels have been:43 at 12 DPO and 97 at 14 DPO.

#8 of 17 Old 10-01-2005, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

i insested on blood work yesterday and 1166 is what I'm at now
#9 of 17 Old 10-05-2005, 06:25 PM

cammiesmom - glad you insisted on getting them done again. Did it offer you some reassurance? And how many DPO when you had them done?

I had my levels done again today and they were 2989 which was higher than I thought it would have been (did the doubling by days before they called). Of course I would much rather have it slightly higher than lower so I guess that is good either way.

Anyone else have news?

#10 of 17 Old 10-05-2005, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

My draws were at 18 and 20 and 23 with my last being 4450. I do feel much better now. On saturday I had an ultra sound due to a pain in my side. Every thing was good (not normal) 3 sacks!!!!! 1 with a dot that looks like it will be a pregnancy, 1 with a bump in the lining that could develop into a pregnancy and 1 the OB is 99%sure is empty. so that explains my pain and my BAD nausea. How are you doing I hope its going alright
#11 of 17 Old 10-05-2005, 08:10 PM

I had my first hCG at 14 DPO (165) and second at 16 DPO (328)... I won't have another till my US next week! hopefull we'll see a heartbeat or two then

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#12 of 17 Old 10-05-2005, 09:24 PM

Alright....if cammiesmom saw 3 sacks and her hcg level was 4450 at 23 dpo, my hcg levels should be a little over 6000 by 23 dpo - how many does that mean I have in there? Holy cow! I know we can only put so much stock in these numbers, but it sure is fun to guess, huh?

chiromama - can't wait to find out how many you have growing in there! This is a very exciting time.

#13 of 17 Old 10-05-2005, 09:29 PM

Yeah, Nichole, it's interesting to wonder how many.. but from what i've read, high numbers may mean more than one, or may not
I think twins would be an exciting ride, but I'd be more than happy with just one.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#14 of 17 Old 10-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Banned

I'm gonna call my dr and get her to fax in a draw order to my local blood clinic

I kinda need to know, with this stupid spotting/bleeding oddity going on...

Then I'm gonna get her to fax the results to my midwives.

No it hasn't let up...
#15 of 17 Old 10-06-2005, 11:41 AM

Good luck, Pandora114 and keep us posted!

chiromama - I'm with you....fun to guess, but thrilled with whatever comes my way! I just love playing with the numbers and I call my mom and she freaks....so fun to mess with her!

#16 of 17 Old 10-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Banned

Well I called my Midwife, and she faxed in the Beta order, and said if the phone DOESNT ring in the next few days it's a GOOD thing, and to go into the lab on Tuesday to get the second quantative beta done.

I just called her up and said "um I started spotting/bleeding yesterday, and I figured I'd wait till today to see if it let up and it hasnt, so can you fax a beta into the local blood clinic?" and she did. so hopefully it's all good.

DONT RING PHONE DONT RING.
#17 of 17 Old 10-06-2005, 03:22 PM

So the OB's office just called and said they want to do an u/s on Tuesday. I asked if anything was wrong and they said, it didn't appear to be, just the next step they wanted to take. I knew I wanted an early u/s, just thought I would have to ask for it. So I guess we will be counting babies on Tuesday. I'm just hoping and praying for at least one healthy one!

Pandora114 - I hope your phone doesn't ring!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page