Anyone else's uterus thinks it's ridiculous to wait 9 months? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 09-30-2005, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:LOL ... I'm what, 5 weeks, and already my uterus feels like it's stretched way out ... my pants are already getting a bit snug on me and I'm not even eating any more or exercising any less than I was 5 weeks ago ... what's up with that?!

With ds#2, I didn't realize I was pregnant until I was about 8 weeks along. I just remember thinking, man, this sucks ... I'm gaining weight ... I totally have to get to weight watchers or something. Then when I found out I was pregnant, I was sooooo happy because I had an excuse to pull out the maternity pants!!! :

So, maybe my body just likes getting into the spirit of things early ... anyone else with an incredibly expanding uterus yet?!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 09-30-2005, 09:30 AM

I hear ya, I just had surgery in July so my uterus was just going down and my massive post op bloat was going with it. . But in the last week, boom it all started coming back. My jeans are out I can wear my yoga pants but I had to get some maternity jeans for when I go out. So we might have to tell people sooner then we think
#3 of 13 Old 09-30-2005, 10:41 AM

this is my third so I will just have to wait and see. With my last two I didn't show until 7 months iwth my first and 5 months with my second (don't throw tomatoes me ) this one will probably be earlier since my bodies been there before. I am hoping I don't show for a little while I want to savor and enjoy the news just for myself for a while.
#4 of 13 Old 10-01-2005, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2boys
With my last two I didn't show until 7 months.
Dang! I had about a 40" belly by 7 months!
#5 of 13 Old 10-01-2005, 12:46 PM

i waited to show then looked like I swallowed a basketball. Don't hate me too much I did put on 50 lbs with both pregnancies.
#6 of 13 Old 10-04-2005, 10:57 AM

yep getting a uteris that is getting bigger. I can also feel it doing that. I remember the feeling from my first but that did not happen till about 20 weeks. Now its all ready..

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#7 of 13 Old 10-04-2005, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

I remember with my first getting those pains down the right side, esp whenever I would have some growth. In the beginning it freaked me out. Now it's just a major pain (pun intended!).

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#8 of 13 Old 10-06-2005, 04:12 AM

I thought it wasn't supposed to do this with a 1st pg, but I am starting to leave buttons undone and staring at my closet looking for elastic waist bands. I don't have much of an appetite so I haven't been eating too much. DH is being weird about me going to the gym so I'm asking the doc on Friday. Maybe that'll slow this down??

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#9 of 13 Old 10-06-2005, 11:18 AM

I'm still going to the gym. I remember last time the OB said I would rather you excercise than not. I did all the way up to my bedrest at 29 weeks when I had early contractions (that had nothing to do w working out btw)

But my workout has slowed down a bit.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#10 of 13 Old 10-06-2005, 12:44 PM

My jeans are getting tight around the waist also so I will need sweats soon.

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#11 of 13 Old 10-06-2005, 12:51 PM

Popping in from Jan. DDC--

mimid-- I, too am a first time mom, and I outgrew all of my regular clothes within the first 5 weeks! I didn't gain any weight, in fact I lost some weeks the first trimester.

What sucked was that I was wearing stretchy clothes and discreet maternity stuff from 4-6 weeks, but people didn't know I was pregnant. I still don't get the "Oh... when are you due!!!??" unless I tell the people beforehand.
#12 of 13 Old 10-06-2005, 12:54 PM

Well, at least it's not just me! Seems weird though to see it all happening so quickly. I have to teach tonight and am obviously not ready to let the world know so I guess I will have to go with my yoga pants! Wonder how long it will be before I have to convert my enitre wardrobe?

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#13 of 13 Old 10-11-2005, 03:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I can completely relate. With my first pregnancy, I was in maternity clothes by about 11 weeks, my 2nd pregnancy I was in maternity clothes (or pants at least) at 6 weeks, and I just found out today that I am pregnant and already need to pull out the maternity pants (5weeks). I just bloat big time when first pregnant and then my pants are all uncomfortable because they dig into my belly. We are going to try to keep this a secret until my 2nd trimester, but we don't know how we will be able if we see any family since my belly will be a give away. (well, maybe not.... I am a chunky girl and they might just think I am getting even fatter so they won't say anything for fear of hurting my feelings :LOL )
Erika

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page