Conceived on Clomid or Other Fertility Drugs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 09-30-2005, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's me! I conceived on my 2nd round of Clomid this time and am hoping and praying that this is the miracle I need for a sticky baby. I also conceived my first dd on Clomid and the other 2 without any help. Anyone else?

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#2 of 21 Old 10-01-2005, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
This was my 1st round of Clomid and now I'm seriously worried about multiples because I started getting BFP's at 6DPO! I finally tried another brand yesterday at 9dpo with afternoon urine and still got a bfp and tried again this morning with fmu and my 1st thought was "OMG! How many are in there!" lol! I'll have an u/s at about 5 weeks and will hopefully find out then. Hoping this is a sticky baby

Seriously?
#3 of 21 Old 10-01-2005, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Satori! Glad to see another Clomid-er here! I have always gotten early bfp's and only had singletons, but I am slightly more concerned about it this time. I have had many dreams about twins and my 3 year old keeps saying stuff about me having 2 babies (she doesn't know yet) and my hcg levels have been twice the average on any given dpo. Eager to see what they are doing on Wed., although I realize the only way to tell for sure is through u/s. I should get my u/s at 6 - 6.5 weeks as I want to be sure to see a hb. Keep us posted!

#4 of 21 Old 10-02-2005, 07:49 PM

: Me too! except my conception wasn't with clomid it was with the big guns... IVF. My US to see how many have taken up residence is on the 13th, I'll be 6w 1 day.

I'm still so shocked that I'm even .... here!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#5 of 21 Old 10-02-2005, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

chiromama - that is so exciting and I am glad you are here! Can't wait to find out how many are in there. I should get my first u/s then or about a week later. How many do you think are in there? It's so fun to guess. We suspect it may be more than one over here too, but we'll have to wait and see. Are you having your hcg levels checked as well?

#6 of 21 Old 10-02-2005, 09:19 PM

Yes, my first beta was 165, the second was 328, so it's possible there are two, or just one really good one. However, my intution says two... so I'm trying to get comfortable with that thought. we transfered two 'fabulous' 5 day blasts..so anything is possible.
Thanks for the welcome. I was unsure of joining a DDC, till I saw that others who have used ART were here... now I feel better.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#7 of 21 Old 10-02-2005, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
Yes, my first beta was 165, the second was 328, so it's possible there are two, or just one really good one. However, my intution says two... so I'm trying to get comfortable with that thought. we transfered two 'fabulous' 5 day blasts..so anything is possible.
Thanks for the welcome. I was unsure of joining a DDC, till I saw that others who have used ART were here... now I feel better.

If it helps you feel better my swimmers had been sitting in cold storage for almost 3 years and there was no man within 25 yards when I got prego :LOL

Seriously?
#8 of 21 Old 10-02-2005, 10:39 PM

Three years! well obviously they thaw well. So I assume you did IUIs, or did you do home insem?

#9 of 21 Old 10-02-2005, 10:56 PM

Hi! I had both of my babies while on the highest dose of clomid. I wouldn't worry about multiples bc if you truly need a fertility drug the risk of having more than one shouldn't be that likely. At least that is what my dr. told me. He said there was a risk in cases that really shouldn't be on clomid in the first place. He said some dr's put women on drugs too fast bc of pressure from the patient. Good luck to everyone trying to have your little miracles. I know GOD has blessed me.
#10 of 21 Old 10-02-2005, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Three years! well obviously they thaw well. So I assume you did IUIs, or did you do home insem?

I did home ICI and was sure I totally screwed up the timing, I didn't O for 36 hours AFTER insem, those little guys should have all been dead by then since there supposed to have a max life of 24 hours.

Seriously?
#11 of 21 Old 10-02-2005, 11:01 PM

Max life of only 24 hrs? is that for thawed sperm? Cause I thought that sperm can live up to 3-5 days in an optimal environment....
well either way. You got lucky :

#12 of 21 Old 10-02-2005, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Max life of only 24 hrs? is that for thawed sperm? Cause I thought that sperm can live up to 3-5 days in an optimal environment....
well either way. You got lucky :

Yes, that is for frozen/thawed sperm.

Seriously?
#13 of 21 Old 10-02-2005, 11:07 PM

nak
Just spotted this on new posts and had to pop in to say congrats to you all! I'm nursing one of my clomid babes now and the other is asleep!

Sticky vibes to all! And Korin, I am sooo psyched for you!

Trying to get my bearings...
#14 of 21 Old 10-02-2005, 11:10 PM

Thanks Jenny! I can't believe your boys are here! homebirth and all!!!! I'm so proud of you! PS.. love the name Gus!

#15 of 21 Old 10-03-2005, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Ellie'smom!

chiromama - how long after the transfer did you have hcg levels drawn? I'm glad you decided to join us and understand the reluctance. Trying hard t enjoy every minute of this pregnancy!

madtan - not sure why a dr would say that since the use of clomid alone increases the chances of multiples (primarily twins) by 8-10%. Then when you factor in age, race and number of pregnancies the rate rises from there. There are numerous valid reasons why a woman would take clomid and not all are simply for annovulation. In my case, I took clomid for several reasons - clomid can correct problems with LH, FSH, poor egg quality and progesterone. After several early pregnancy losses (I stopped counting after 4) in a year, I decided that instead of invasive medical procedures that would simply tell me what was wrong and not fix any of my issues, I would give a drug that could help me a try. I certainly don't think the increased risk of twins is significant enough to keep me from trying clomid and at this point, I am happy with whatever comes my way. I was truly a case for clomid (for a second time), even if it was different circumstances than the usual annovulatory cycles.

satori - that is a very interesting story. I had no idea about the lifespan of frozen sperm.

#16 of 21 Old 10-03-2005, 01:33 PM

I had my hCG levels drawn 14 days after retrieval, 9 days past a 5 day transfer.... so basically 14 DPO. and the second 16 DPO.

I was put on clomid a year ago, before we knew it was a male factor problem, not because i wasn't ovulating, because we knew I was... but because it is the first and easiest step when facing infertility. We did 4 cycles clomid 3 with IUI, then 3 more IUI unmedicated (with hubby on steroids - for the antisperm antibodies) then, we went forward with IVF with ICSI... and now... here I am.

#17 of 21 Old 10-03-2005, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

chiromama - those are some good numbers! Mine are a little on the high side, but not quite as high as yours. Should be very interesting in the upcoming weeks, huh?

#18 of 21 Old 10-06-2005, 02:57 AM

I guess I'm in the middle because I just used injectibles. Tried the clomid but it didn't do anything for me half the time except give me terrible headaches and hot flashes. This was actually our first cycle on injectibles/IUI and I really convinced myself it wasn't going to happen this time. I was so surprised when the doctor called!

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#19 of 21 Old 10-06-2005, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Miriam!

After 3 rounds of hcg levels (all of which are good), the OB's office called to schedule an u/s for Tuesday. I will be so nervous until then...think calming thoughts for me, please! Hoping I can relax a little after Tuesday!

#20 of 21 Old 10-06-2005, 03:30 PM

My US is on thursday, and it seems a million miles away right now!

Glad you came over Miriam!

#21 of 21 Old 10-06-2005, 09:33 PM

I'll do my best to send relaxing vibes your way, Nichole. I think for me it will really kick in when the doc does the u/s and we can see whatever there is to see at 7 weeks.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page