When Did You Test? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 10-02-2005, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you test early; day af was due; after af was due? How many days before AF was due did you get a BFP (if tested early)?

B

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#2 of 28 Old 10-02-2005, 05:55 PM

I tested positive 4 days before AF was due. I tested positive again 5 days after AF was due.
#3 of 28 Old 10-02-2005, 06:44 PM

I tested 4 days early and confirmed with blood work about 4 days after AF was due
#4 of 28 Old 10-02-2005, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

wow, same here. I tested 4 days prior to AF, which is not due until tuesday I can't believe I got a BFP so early.

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#5 of 28 Old 10-02-2005, 07:16 PM

I tested the day I was to start and got a positive, and again 3 days later. I tested earlier than that, but there wasn't enough going on to get anything. With both boys I also tested when af was supposed to start or after ...

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#6 of 28 Old 10-02-2005, 07:52 PM

I tested 1 day early at 12 dpo. First with an internet cheapy wasn't sure if I was actually seeing a faint line or not so got the digital ones and sure enough I got my bfp.
#7 of 28 Old 10-02-2005, 09:12 PM

As a compulsive tester, I got a BFP at 10 DPO. Blood work confirmed at 12 and 14 DPO - all before af was due. I am now 3 days late.

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#8 of 28 Old 10-02-2005, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This is the post where you all drop your mouths...

I got my BFP at 6dpo... no i'm not kidding. I pee'd on an internet cheapy with FMU because I wanted to see if they had evaps and I thought it was an evap but the tests kept getting darker every day and I finally used FRER at 8DPO and got a BFP at midday. Tested again at 9DPO with FMU and it was darker, at 10 even darker and today at 11 its like HOLY CRAP! How many are in there? I've gotten good positives on FRER, Equate, CBE Digital, internet cheapies and $ trees. Yes I am a POAS addict

Seriously?
#9 of 28 Old 10-03-2005, 12:23 PM

I was charting, so very anxious to test. I tested 10 dpo and got a neg. Tested again at 12 dpo and was +. Tested again at 14 and then 16 (to use up my dollar tree tests, and because I loved seeing those beautiful double lines).
#10 of 28 Old 10-04-2005, 11:52 AM

You are all NOT helping me! The first day of my last period was 9/13, & I so want to test! I don't remember when I ovulated. My breasts feel full, but that could be pms. I feel crappy, but I have IBS, so who the hell knows....

I want to test....

L

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

#11 of 28 Old 10-04-2005, 01:18 PM

I just tested today 10 dpo, and got a faint line! I'm so excited!

FF was telling me to wait until next Monday - AF was due next Sunday (10/9) - so I tested 5 days early. I'm still finding myself not totally believing it. I wonder when that will change...

Now I don't know what to do...Do I go to my gynecologist for a blood test? And when should I try to go in? Do you usually have to actually *see* your doctor to do the blood test? Because I usually have to make my appts like 1.5 months out....

If there is somewhere better to post these questions, feel free to redirect me, I won't mind a bit. I'm still newish.

TIA!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#12 of 28 Old 10-04-2005, 02:22 PM

hi keeta. well, i went with my first babe really early--we chart and it was our second month trying so i knew a few days after my period was due. but then they really didn't want to see me until i was 3 months along. so, you can get the pregnancy confirmed with your ob, but they probably won't schedule you for a while..... and you don't have to actually see the dr, just take the test to confirm--they won't do anything until you take the test to confirm. but when you call and tell them you need to take a pregnancy test, they normally make an appointment for the blood test right away...

i am charting but using a computer program instead of my paper charts and though we have talked more and more about trying for #2, i was gonna wait a couple more months.... oh well! my body had other ideas.... (and i kind of knew that day was a risk but i went ahead anyway....) so i started thinking this weekend, i should go looking at my chart, cause it has been a while since my period and i look last night and i am on day 18 of my infertile time.... and considering i normally have a short luteal phase, just making 10 days.... we tested last night and it came back positive....

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#13 of 28 Old 10-04-2005, 03:37 PM

I tested when I realized I was 5 days late :LOL This was a big but exciting surprise for us!
#14 of 28 Old 10-04-2005, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco4cloth
I tested when I realized I was 5 days late :LOL This was a big but exciting surprise for us!
\

i got you beat then, since i was 8 days late before i completely clued in! :LOL

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#15 of 28 Old 10-04-2005, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp
\

i got you beat then, since i was 8 days late before i completely clued in! :LOL

It's funny because with my first two I was counting the days until I could test. Well, since this was a big surprise I wasn't really paying attention until Monday when I looked at the calendar and said oh s**t! I was having cramps on and off so I thought I was getting ready to start. I had a test in the bathroom so I thought oh what the heck, it will be negitive and I can just chill! The first one and the next three weren't negitive :LOL
#16 of 28 Old 10-04-2005, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco4cloth
It's funny because with my first two I was counting the days until I could test. Well, since this was a big surprise I wasn't really paying attention until Monday when I looked at the calendar and said oh s**t! I was having cramps on and off so I thought I was getting ready to start. I had a test in the bathroom so I thought oh what the heck, it will be negitive and I can just chill! The first one and the next three weren't negitive :LOL
that's what it was like for my first as well! and then this one.... i thought my period was coming because i "attacked" my husband saturday night. i distinctly said, oh, i must be about to start--and then i thought about it and thought, wait, i have been in this infertile period for quite a while now....

#17 of 28 Old 10-05-2005, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudmama
You are all NOT helping me! The first day of my last period was 9/13, & I so want to test! I don't remember when I ovulated. My breasts feel full, but that could be pms. I feel crappy, but I have IBS, so who the hell knows....

I want to test....

L

I am in the same boat (my last AF was 9/14) and I'm already lurking the June boards because I "feel" pregnant :LOL of courxe, I could just be feeling PMSy but.....I'm very hopeful!!
#18 of 28 Old 10-07-2005, 12:54 AM

Quote:
I am in the same boat (my last AF was 9/14) and I'm already lurking the June boards because I "feel" pregnant of courxe, I could just be feeling PMSy but.....I'm very hopeful!!
I hate that my pms symptons are the same as my pregnancy symptoms! Btw, I did test on tuesday & it came back negative. I keep hoping its too early!

L

#19 of 28 Old 10-07-2005, 12:57 PM

I tested at 11 dpo with an internet cheapy and got a BFN, then again with a cheapy at 13 dpo and BFN, then at 15 dpo with a cheapy and saw a faint line. So, I went and bought a First Response and it was definitely positive.
#20 of 28 Old 10-08-2005, 01:20 AM

I tested at BFN at 9 dpo, BFN at 10 dpo, and then finally at 11 dpo! I used an FRER and thought I saw a very faint line, but I was so excited (and crying of course, tears really help when you've just gotten up and are squinting in the bathroom light already, trying to see something, LOL!) that I thought I might be imagining it. DH wasn't convinced, so I tried an Accu-Clear (fortunately I had peed in a cup and saved it for that exact reason, instead of peeing on the stick directly, LOL!) and it was a much clearer line. That surprised me actually - I thought FRER was supposed to be the most sensitive by far, but here was a regular "test on the day your period is due" test that gave me a better line than the "test 4 days before your period" kind. Weird. But I'm so happy, I don't care, I've looked at those two sticks and their light but beautiful lines about 8,000 times today!!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#21 of 28 Old 10-10-2005, 03:49 PM

I tested 1 week after AF was due, but I knew in my heart long before then

Mom of 3 (Evan, Trey, Saffron ) Blogs at findingsummer.com
#22 of 28 Old 10-10-2005, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama
I thought FRER was supposed to be the most sensitive by far, but here was a regular "test on the day your period is due" test that gave me a better line than the "test 4 days before your period" kind. Weird. But I'm so happy, I don't care, I've looked at those two sticks and their light but beautiful lines about 8,000 times today!!!
I think that FRER is *very* unpredictable! I had them because they're supposed to be good early, but I also got better results with other brands (and I also look at my postitives over and over ):

10 dpo - took FRER with fmu (-) no line - Wish I would have tried another kind, because I bet it would have been + already...

12 dpo - took FRER with fmu (-) no line again, tho I insist there is the faintest most invisible line which DP says I am making up. So, I try a Walgreens brand test with the same cup of pee... and a clear (+), but the line only comes up at/after the end of the 10 minutes so we are still second-guessing ourselves. That night. I pee on another FRER, and it comes up with a "dotted" inconsistent second line.

13 dpo - took Answer and another Walgreens brand test with fmu - both clear (+)!! Yay, we feel like we can call it pregnant!

Then I also took a digital when af was due, just so I could see the word "Pregnant" come up. :
#23 of 28 Old 10-10-2005, 11:30 PM

4 days after AF was due. Only our third month of charting and since I had only been charting the cycle lengths (I know all the other rules) I had a feeling I had to be pg since it was 4 days past and I'm like clockwork with my cycles.

It was the Equate cheapy test that gave me a positive. I figured I'd go in the bathroom on the fateful morning of Sept. 19th and POAS just so AF could come and get it over with. Little did I know that when I peeked at it 3 minutes later I was going to be calling all the family with the news. Our first pregnancy...I asked my dad what he wanted for this grandchild (my brother had one before he even managed to hit 18) and he just laughed. DH was only the second person I called though because my mom had to hear the news first.
#24 of 28 Old 10-12-2005, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudmama
I hate that my pms symptons are the same as my pregnancy symptoms! Btw, I did test on tuesday & it came back negative. I keep hoping its too early!

L

I am hoping the same thing - I did a test @ 9 dpo & it was negative - I'm saving the second test for this weekend (or trying to !!) when I will have actually missed AF. grrr...I hate waiting!!
#25 of 28 Old 10-12-2005, 11:58 AM

Hey CaraboosMama,

I just tested today & its positive! So, you may want to test before the weekend! I tested last week & it was negative. I didn't even have to wait the 3 minutes before it came back. I did it with my first pee this morning!

Sending pregnancy thoughts your way.....

L

#26 of 28 Old 10-12-2005, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
This pregnancy was a little odd for me with how long it took to get a positive. With my first 3 pregnancies (1mc) I tested positive 4 days before my period was due. This time I got negatives until 6 days AFTER my period was due. I have felt pregnant for many days and started testing about 4 days before it was due. I had pretty much decided after taking 5 tests that I must just be going crazy. My husband made me take another test though because of my severe mood swings and this one turned positive!!!
Erika

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#27 of 28 Old 10-13-2005, 04:23 AM

I tested on CD 35 ..... I had no idea if AF was even late b/c my cycles go anywhere from 28 days to 60+ days!
#28 of 28 Old 10-13-2005, 06:04 AM

I tested two days before (Yesterday in the morning) my monthly with a digital CBE. Testing again tomorrow and making a doctors appointment to verify. It would be heartbreaking if this test was wrong! I don't feel like that is the case at all though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page