Anybody else waiting to call Dr./care provider? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-03-2005, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if I'm paranoid or crazy or hormonal, or what, but I just don't feel like going in yet. I think partly I like the fact that DH and I have this secret. Once I go to the doctor and get the dating u/s (my dates are off, so I'm having trouble figuring it out!) and bloodwork and all, I guess it'll seem more real. Maybe I'm not ready to face up to reality!
-Erin

Momma to 8 y.o. DS and 5 y.o. DD. Married to a Maker!

#2 of 9 Old 10-03-2005, 01:43 AM

I finally got around to calling for the initial urine test on Friday ... I hit 5 weeks then and figured it was time to get the chart official. So, I go in tomorrow (Monday) morning. But I'm so paranoid that for some reason 3 bfp weren't convincing enough, I'll probably use the left-over 4th one in the morning before I go so I know there won't be any "surprises" when I get there. :LOL I'm guessing they won't do bloodwork - I did have bloodwork done with ds#2 as a baseline because I had had a m/c between my two boys. But, this time around, there really doesn't seem to be any need, at least from my perspective. I'm guessing too that they'll do the u/s for dating around the end of the month, so going in tomorrow for comfirmation should get my in the ob schedule for that to happen.

So enough of my rambling ... I did put off going in a bit ... about a week ... but I decided once I get the positive from the doctor (don't know what that seems so much more official), then I can actually pull out the maternity jeans!!!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#3 of 9 Old 10-03-2005, 02:25 AM

Well, since my conception was via IVF... I'm pretty heavily monitored. I have an ultrasound on the 13th to see if there is one or two, and then sometime after the 9th week (I think) I'll be released to see an OB or MW. Then... If it's twins, i may go hospital birth with MWs or maybe a homebirth.. just not sure.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#4 of 9 Old 10-03-2005, 08:51 AM

I'm waiting, probably another week before I go in for my blood test. I like having my little secret. Plus I'm nervous because last time I miscarried and I don't want to get my hopes up and going to the doctor makes it so real.
#5 of 9 Old 10-03-2005, 10:54 AM

I have agreed to some monitoring at the beginning of this pregnancy due to my recurring pregnancy losses. I have had blood drawn twice and go again this week. I will have an early u/s just for reassurance and then will continue my plan for another amazing homebirth!

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#6 of 9 Old 10-03-2005, 11:22 AM

I usually don't go in for an inital appt. till around 12 weeks. I prefer not to expose my developing babe to an unnecessary early u/s, and if I miscarry I prefer to do that on my own as well.
#7 of 9 Old 10-03-2005, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I want to wait but with my history of loss I can't, I have to start Lovenox injections right away so I have an appt for tomorrow and AF is not even due until Thursday! Last time I waited until 9 weeks and only went in then because I had hypermesis and needed help with it because I was tired of going to the ER for IV fluids. I had planned on doing UC with some prenatel care (at risk for HELLP syndrome again) with the baby I lost this summer, this preg i'm not taking any chances and going the high tech route.

Seriously?
#8 of 9 Old 10-04-2005, 05:05 PM

I'm doing an unassisted pregnancy and birth this time. I don't let them do any tests or exams- not even doppler- anyway so it's kinda silly for me to be paying for the visits. I'll be monitoring my own BP, weight and measurements and testing my urine-- but barring any problems I'll just stay home.

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

#9 of 9 Old 10-04-2005, 09:42 PM

i went in early with my first one and they did absolutely nothing. it was like they didn't care until i was past the first trimester. so, i figure i will wait until i am past the first trimester...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page