Pregnant After a Loss (or Multiple Losses) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-04-2005, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw several of you on here so I thought I would start a thread specifically about how we are feeling, fears, anxieties, etc.

I was doing pretty well and then this morning I have felt a little achy, very light crampy. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and will have my 3rd hcg level drawn - hoping and praying for great numbers! Warning, maybe TMI - I had been avoiding sex out of fear and then realized that it probably didn't make a lot of sense especially while still nursing so I gave in last night. And now I am achy today. Pretty likely that it is just a coincidence, but can't help but wonder. All of my losses (and I quit counting after 4) have been very early so I am hoping that once I make it through the first 8 weeks or so, I will feel a lot less nervous. Gone are the days of assuming all will end well.

How about the rest of you?

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#2 of 9 Old 10-04-2005, 04:01 PM

Just wanted to leave you a ... haven't experienced a loss, but didn't want to read and not I hope the next few weeks fly by for you

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#3 of 9 Old 10-04-2005, 06:53 PM

I have had one miscarriage back in march. It was a lot harder to handle than I thought it would be. Oddly enough I am not as nervous as I thought I would be. Dh is more nervous to have sex than I am. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding this time which also is a huge relief. I finally sucked it up and got my pg test done at the doctors office to make it real. I will breath a lot easier once I make it to 8 weeks as well.

doulanichole and thank you for starting this thread.
#4 of 9 Old 10-05-2005, 01:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I had my 4th loss this summer at 12 weeks and I'm hoping this one sticks. I'll be taking lovenox injections this time around in hopes that it helps. I'm kinda in denial and keeping my self distanced from the pregnancy I think. I've known for a week now and it still doesn't seem real.

Seriously?
#5 of 9 Old 10-05-2005, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

It's sad to see others here, but glad that I am not alone and others can relate. I am somewhat eager for the next 3 weeks to go by, but still trying to enjoy what is possibly my last pregnancy. Glad to have you all with me!

#6 of 9 Old 10-05-2005, 06:26 PM

Nichole, yep, had a m/c in March, so I don't have a lot of confidence yet.

I opted out of getting betas--I don't want to know. I guess I have this mentality that if it is meant to be, it will be. I did not get betas with DD. I just don't want to get myslef in that frame of mind. I'm letting nature take its course.

B

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#7 of 9 Old 10-05-2005, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

augustmom - welcome! Nice to have another nursing mama here. I can understand not wanting to have the hcg levels drawn. I didn't have them done with my first 3 m/c's and decided to do it after that to see if we could figure out where the problem was. And now I just want them for the reassurance!

#8 of 9 Old 10-06-2005, 04:58 PM

This is my first post in the June due date club and I was scanning over the thread titles trying to think of where to start...and I saw this one. We have lost three babies and we have two little ones (dd 5, ds2). I am glad that this thread has been started because it is so different during pregnancy once you know you're a high risk to lose the baby. It will be helpful to have somewhere to talk about the ambivalence and the hesitancy to get fully invested in the new pregnancy. We don't tell many people until my pregnancies are about to become pretty obvious. We have found that it is easier than comforting those people (various family, casual friends) who are an emotional drain in the situation and not at all helpful in our healing. This pregnancy will be a bit different, though, as our oldest is fully verbal and very interested in embryology. There will be no hiding it from her until 15 weeks or so. She is at my elbow right now but, thankfully, her reading is limited to "no, zip, stop, mommy, daddy, etc..).
#9 of 9 Old 10-06-2005, 05:12 PM

Nichole-thanks for the thread! We had a loss in May and I suspect at least one other, although I didn't test like in May. I'm really just putting it in God's hands, b/c with the pg in May I had a dream the night before we tested with someone telling me "The baby is no longer with us." Of course I ignored that and tested and when I began m/c a day later I knew that's why the line had been faint, b/c the baby was already gone.

This pg I tested at night and got a dark positive right away so I feel better, but still no sex, even though I'm nursing and I'm also anxious for the next few weeks to pass by. I feel much more nervous this time than I did with dd.

Nichole we are 1 day apart! I'm 5 weeks today

Birth Photographer mom to four blessings

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page