Weekly Chat thread - October 2-8th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 10-07-2005, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Twilight - I hope you get wonderful results on Monday! Sending you lots of sticky baby vibes.

BundleFishMama - congrats! It is so good to see some familiar names over here! I am thrilled you could join us.

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#32 of 46 Old 10-08-2005, 04:04 PM

Twilight~ I hope that everything is ok.

I'm Sarah and I'll be 27 next month, DH is almost 33. We have been married for 5 years and we have a 4.5 y/o DD. She is our honeymoon baby . This pregnancy will be our second child, but the 6th that I have given birth to. I was a surrogate to two beautiful boys that were born in April 2003 and two beautiful girls born in January 2005 that I breastfed for two weeks and pumped for 8 weeks. Those pregnancies were fun, but I'm so excited to be bringing home a baby to our house this time. I'm also looking forward to a nice relaxing singleton pregnancy LOL (unless twins are in the cards for us, but I doubt it).

My DD and the boys were delivered vaginally. The girl twins were by c-section. I am very upset about the fact that I had a section with the girls. I went into labor naturally when my water broke at home. By the time I got to the hospital I was 7cm. But, my OB refused to let me have them vaginally. At the time I wasn't in the right state of mind to stick up for myself and no one else did. By the time the surgery started Baby A was crowning. If I had known I was that close to deliverring while I was waiting for the spinal I would have just pushed LOL. I didn't know until they had cut me open and had to unwedge her head. I am really hoping for a homebirth this time because all of the hospitals and OBs in my area refuse to do V-bacs anymore thanks to the terrible malpractice insurace here in Nevada. I'm planning on consulting with the two midwifery practices in our area soon.

Sheesh I didn't mean to write a novel LOL. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#33 of 46 Old 10-08-2005, 04:07 PM

oopps! I don't know why I posted twice

#34 of 46 Old 10-08-2005, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Sarah, i jsut wanted to tell you think really think you're awesome for being a surrogate. the families you blessed are so lucky to have you. Glad you're bringing a new llife home to your own house!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#35 of 46 Old 10-08-2005, 06:13 PM

Thank you Korin! I really enjoyed being pregnant, so it was lots of fun for me to do for other people. I'm dying to have a baby of my own now. I've had baby fever since before I delivered the girls!

#36 of 46 Old 10-08-2005, 06:26 PM

Twilight,

You are in my thoughts. Take it easy and stay hydrated and keep your bladder empty. I received this advice when I'd had early problems in pregnancy as it decreases the irritability of your uterine muscles.

Also, my MIL spotted lightly nearly her entire pregnancy with one of my (full term and healthy) BILs. Bizarre, but possible.
#37 of 46 Old 10-08-2005, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Twilight... any news today?

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#38 of 46 Old 10-08-2005, 06:42 PM

gsmama2 you are amazing. Being a surrogate is something I have thought about doing but never got the courage! Kudos to you!

chiromama that is so sweet of you to ask. I am holding up. The spotting stopped, what a huge relief. It was pink and brown but never became red; a good sign also. I feel lousy today. A little nauseated, tired, irritable, and cranky. As miserable as I am to live with at the moment I am also taking that as a hopeful sign that things are really OK with babybean.

Good reminder on the water bonbon_mama. Off to refill!

I'm starting to get the feeling that baby will stick after all. I can make it till Monday anyway when the beta results get in! Here's hoping and thanks again for thinking of me, it helps. As much as I'm obsessing it's nice to be able to talk about it
#39 of 46 Old 10-08-2005, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Great news Twilight

#40 of 46 Old 10-08-2005, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
Sarah, i jsut wanted to tell you think really think you're awesome for being a surrogate. the families you blessed are so lucky to have you. Glad you're bringing a new llife home to your own house!

i second this. you are truly an inspiration. congrats on your pregnancy!

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#41 of 46 Old 10-08-2005, 09:59 PM

yeah twilight! i'm glad you are feeling crappy... it means baby is hanging in. :LOL good luck on monday!!

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#42 of 46 Old 10-08-2005, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Speaking of feeling crappy.....I'm glad today is saturday, cause i would not want to see patients the way I felt today. Nauseated off and on, dry heaves a couple of times, dizzy and feeling like my food is sitting way high in my abdomen.. kind of like heartburn but not really. i stayed in bed till 10 (not sleeping so much) then spent most of the day on the couch staring at either the TV or my laptop. Took a nap, since I'mnot sleeping well at night, and then was so cranky/emotional afterward... fortunatley my husband is the best, so he went to buy groceries, and I just took a bath and changed into a different pair of pjs. I'm only 5 weeks 3 days.. I know it's possible it may get worse... but after all we went through to get here, I'm not about to complain. :LOL well, I'll complain, but not as much as i want to.

I'll start a new thread tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.

How are you all feeling today?

#43 of 46 Old 10-08-2005, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
How are you all feeling today?
I'm still grumpy... : :LOL
#44 of 46 Old 10-09-2005, 02:34 AM

I'm feeling good. The nausea seems to have mostly gone away along with the heartburn. I'm learning to pretty much graze lightly throughout the day and it really helps instead of big meals. I'm still sleepy and burping and the bathroom issue is driving me insane.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#45 of 46 Old 10-09-2005, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thats funny, it's seems thats the one thing I don't have... peeing a lot... I mean, i normally go every hour or two anyway.. so maybe it's just normal for me!

#46 of 46 Old 10-09-2005, 01:29 PM

see you at next weeks thread

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page