What's for dinner tonight? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-07-2005, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nichole's comment in another thread about popcorn for dinner got me wondering ... what are you all eating tonight (or what did you eat)? I'm back in the nothing sounds good, everything seems to make me feel yucky, but I'm totally hungry stage, so we're having pizza.

With both boys, the pizza guy at the local pizza shop actually knew my husband by name. We'd have pizza once a week (luckily, once a month or so a coupon comes for them in the mail, so we save a little bit), usually with the same toppings. I still remember with ds#1, I so wanted pizza and nothing else for dinner, so dh picked it up on the way home from work. He walked in the door all proud because he was meeting my needs; I took one whiff of the pizza and said I wanted nothing to do with it. Poor guy ... you'd think I'd burst his bubble. I did end up eating some later, I think ... but man, it looked so disgusting by the time he brought it home! :LOL

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 01:37 AM

I had savory herb and garlic chicken with spinach, tomatos and cheese. No, it wasn't a new lean cuisine, it was a lipton soup packet with frozen chicken breasts, fresh spinach, canned tomatos and monterey cheese. My sister made up the recipe and it is GOOD. I didn't actually COOK it now... :LOL I've got sister's for that!

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

#3 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 01:56 AM

Funny, because we did frozen pizza tonight (love Amy's Organic) - it was ok. I am pretty hungry but not much sounds good! Pizza went down fine.
#4 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 02:19 AM

Liked my popcorn dinner idea, huh? LOL! Funny you all mentioned pizza. I had salad for lunch while the rest of the family had pizza. Really didn't smell all that good to me and my salad was super-yummy!

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#5 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 09:35 AM

I had pad thai for dinner and a spring roll. My DH and I split one order, and I thought I might have to get my elbows out because I wanted a LOT of it! I think we did a pretty good job of splitting it evenly...Usually he eats more than me, but not last night! :LOL

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#6 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 12:21 PM

I had take out pizza :nana: it was sooo good and we also had it this morning for breakfast- all 3 of us.

I usually make homemade pizza and we do take out about once every 3 months or so. But I of course had a craving.

Tonight its buffolo chicken sandwiches.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#7 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Fay

Grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.

When I was pg with DS, drinking a small cup of warm tomato soup was a good way for me to overcome queasiness and stimulate my appetite. I never even liked tomato soup until then! When DS was a toddler, it also turned out to be a good way for him to work through some of his sensory issues (warm wet texture), so I always have tomato soup in the cupboard now.

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
#8 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 02:59 PM

A hearty warm chilli with carrots, peppers, spinach, garlic...mmmm and pesto bread as a side (a friend made it for me YUM)
#9 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 04:50 PM

I'm also in the nothing sounds good to me, but I'm starving, but I'm nauseous stage. Last night we had corn dogs. I haven't had one in years and they sounded so good, but they didn't live up to the craving.

We're supposed to go out for dinner and a movie tonight, but I think it'll just be a movie. My nose is too stuffed to taste anything and nothing sounds good anyway. Well, actually chinese sounds good. But, that's only because dh cleaned the kitchen floor with vinegar and it smells like chinese food with my stuffed nose. I know, I'm weird .

Sarah loving wife to Scot...joyous mama to...
Emilee and Elaina and our newest addition Elliot Bell 9/15/10
#10 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 07:03 PM

Last night (friday) we were at a hindu wedding, so indian food was the fare.. but nothing looked good (and I LOVE indian food!) and the taste of cinamon made me wretch. sowhen we got home, I had some yogurt.

Today is a day that i'm feeling pretty nauseated off and on. while cooking an egg and potato burrito for lunch, I ended up wretching over the toilet... No barfing yet, but some dry heaves. I think i'll be staying in my pjs onthe couch today!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#11 of 11 Old 10-08-2005, 07:15 PM

Well, I am craving salty/sour. I keep eating tomatoes with salt, tomatoey things with added salt. I am making sauerkraut cabbage rolls which I am sure I will salt heavily once they make it to my plate.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page