Weekly Chat Thread Oct 9th-the 15th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 73 Old 10-14-2005, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBMama
Keeta, OT, but where are you doing your grad work? What kind of librarianship do you want to do? I finished my MLIS just before ds was born in 2004. I just started working on-call at the children's desk at a nearby public library, and will start on-call at the reference desk at my hometown library soon. I'm not ready to work full- or even part-time, but man, it's been great to get back into the library just a little bit, I forgot how much I love this job!
VBMama - I'm at the School of Information at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. I've been mainly focusing on academic library work, and I'm particularly interested in digital libraries and preservaton. I'll be done in late April (thank god! Ever since the positive preg test, my enthusiasm for school has, well, waned quite a bit! I'm trying to get refocused.) That's so great about your job - that's exactly what I can see myself doing in few years - just get back in the library world a little! Too bad there isn't more freelance library type work, right?

Also, I am soooo envious that you are in Oregon! What part of the state are you in? DH and I can't WAIT to move back to the Portland area. Alas, for now, his well-paying job and my school are here, so stuck in the midwest are we.

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#62 of 73 Old 10-14-2005, 01:22 PM

Lisa - Congrats! Both on your recent marriage and on your pregnancy!

Korin - awesome news! Hooray! So, how was your celebration?

VBMama & Keeta - as a frequent library patron, can I just say I Love librarians! They are some of my favorite folks

Me? Well, I think we can officially say one of my pregnancy symptons is hunger. I wake up, I eat. I eat breakfast. I eat an after-breakfast snack. I start thinking about lunch ... have an after-breakfast-pre-lunch snack whil deciding what to make for lunch ... My favorite things right now are perogis, applesauce, and cheerios. I think pregnancy has turned me into a toddler, or at least my appetite!

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#63 of 73 Old 10-14-2005, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Me? Well, I think we can officially say one of my pregnancy symptons is hunger. I wake up, I eat. I eat breakfast. I eat an after-breakfast snack. I start thinking about lunch ... have an after-breakfast-pre-lunch snack whil deciding what to make for lunch ... My favorite things right now are perogis, applesauce, and cheerios. I think pregnancy has turned me into a toddler, or at least my appetite!
I know, I'm starting to feel like a hobbit! Breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, lunch, afternoon tea, etc...I'm hungry all the time! But i've found that if I eat when I'm hungry (small meals is key) that I'm not as fatigued as I've been feeling previously.

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#64 of 73 Old 10-14-2005, 01:56 PM

KnittingKara I'm in the midwest too! So do you knit wool soakers :LOL
#65 of 73 Old 10-14-2005, 04:19 PM

Hi everyone......
Looks like there's lots of knitting mamas on this board, I just got some nice soft yarn last month to knit a friend of mine a soaker and I never got around to it, so now I guess I have an excuse to knit one for myself!

I'll answer the question of the week since I'm in Canada and health care is a little different here. I'm seeing my family Dr. through the whole pregnancy, and he'll probably be there for my birth at the hospital, he was there for my first dd. He's really a great guy, very young and very laid back. I actually teach his daughter suzuki violin as well! I wasn't planning on having an appointment until after the first trimester, but since I'm not 100% this is real yet, I'm going to see him next week.

In Canada, everything is covered by the provincial health care, except for a private room at the hospital, which is 34$ a night unless you have supplemental insurance. I would LOVE to birth at home with a midwife, but it costs around $3000 and there's only one midwife in our area. I'd rather not go into debt and just use my Dr. who I like, even though my birth may not be quite as wonderful as it could be at home.

I'm secretly hoping my labour and delivery go as fast as my first one and that I'll be able to have an "unplanned" UC! A really good friend of mine who lives down the street just had a UC last week, but my husband is not too sure he wants to take that route. But who's to say I won't just have my nice quiet solo birth late one night in the bathroom, and then call him in to see our little one! Wouldn't that be awesome!
#66 of 73 Old 10-15-2005, 02:46 AM

Hi all
I am feeling really lucky that I still have no m/s or food aversion-type stuff. The main thing is I've been feeling totally drained/tired like I've pulled an all-nighter even when I get a full night's sleep. And the less I eat, the crappier I feel, so I'm pretty much snacking constantly like lots of you said. I feel like my "love handles" have doubled in size already! I feel kinda thick & chubby, even though I know I'm not showing at all yet. Thank goodness my boobs haven't doubled! They're growing, but not that fast.

I am pretty bummed about having to wait so long to get confirmation of my pregnancy, other than the pee test. No blood test available for me with Kaiser since I'm not high-risk. I won't be able to get a physical exam until Nov 11th! I'll be like 9+ weeks by then! It's like the 2ww all over again, only longer. I *know* I'm pregnant, but for some reason I feel the need for some outside verification that everything's cool, you know?

Hope everybody's having a good weekend ... I have to work.
#67 of 73 Old 10-15-2005, 09:40 AM

Hi,
Visiting from TTC but wondering if anyone has any nausea/MS solutions to share. There's a thread in the main pregnancy forum for posting them, if you care to.
#68 of 73 Old 10-15-2005, 03:18 PM

Hi folks,
I hate to post this and drag down the positive energy, but since I posted here before I thought I should tell you I'm leaving. I started cramping and bleeding heavily yesterday & through the night, it doesn't look like this pregnancy is going to stay with me. I'm disappointed but will stay hopeful for the next time...

Wishing you all happy & healthy pregnancies!

Keeping busy with 2 boys & 1 girl ('04, '06, '08)
#69 of 73 Old 10-15-2005, 03:28 PM

Julie. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#70 of 73 Old 10-15-2005, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Julie- I am so sorry and I hope you're ok.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#71 of 73 Old 10-15-2005, 07:18 PM

Julie, I'm so sorry Will be thinking of you and sending prayers and good vibes ...

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
#72 of 73 Old 10-15-2005, 07:24 PM

Keeta - feeling/eating like a Hobit, good analogy

Chris was asking me today if I'm craving any certain thing today. "nope, just everything!"

coco4cloth - would you believe I've never knit a soaker? J was a disposable baby (we didn't have our own washer/dryer in the apartment we were renting and it intimidated me to attempt to do cloth w/o a way to clean them daily) When we moved and got a washer, dryer J was almost potty trained so we went right from diapers to undies. I've actually only been knitting for two years (my husband got me my first needles and yarn for my birthday and later I inherited my great-grandma's knitting needles - I was hooked!) so I haven't made any baby things, just toddler and little kid stuff. I'm really eager to make some wee baby knitted things!

Hmmmm ... perhaps I should be lurking on the cloth diaper thread and picking up some pointers for next summer?

#73 of 73 Old 10-15-2005, 10:42 PM

Hey all! I can't believe I am posting here, but looks like I am here! Just found out I am expecting number 5 on June 21st. I am totally in shock, this was NOT planned and it will take some getting used to. I really don't know whato say, but I look forward to getting to know you all!

Oh, STACY, hi! We were in the Spet 2004 DDC together, right?

~C~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page