Question? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-10-2005, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you test positive with a pee test at the dr only two weeks after conception?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-10-2005, 04:22 AM

Wouldn't that put you at 12dpo or so? The doctor pee tests are supposed to be about the same as the early response tests at the store ... usually can detect a pretty small amount of hcg, if I remember correctly. So, I would think 2 weeks past conception would put you at about 4 weeks pregnant, which should put you quite near missing AF. So, yea, I think a positive at the doctors would be accurate. JMHO though.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#3 of 5 Old 10-10-2005, 09:01 AM

I think you're right, MyLittleWonders. I tested positive less than two weeks (10 dpo) at home! And then at 11 dpo, and 12 dpo... :LOL

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#4 of 5 Old 10-11-2005, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much I'm just so confused on the dating because I had an IUD taken out on August 1st, but I never got my period(I haven't had a period in a year) I had sex a few times with my ex during that month then I went on vacation from August 30th-September 12th. My now boyfriend and I started having sex on the 13th of September. I had slightly sore boobs around the 10th of September, but just thought it was my period coming. Went to the dr on September 23rd and had a pee test and they said I was pg. I'm just hoping its my boyfriend"s and not my ex's. I'M SOOO CONFUSED!!!!
#5 of 5 Old 10-11-2005, 07:09 PM

When you felt the soreness that could have just been the fertile time. But oh wow that woke me up today!
I by no means am trying to place judgement but to inform you:
I do not know when you can test for these things but it would be in your best interest to inform both male parties and in case something happens you can at least be able to get parental involvement and / or child support down the road. Don't be surprised if the current boyfriend takes a walk especially after hearing it could be another man's child. Or vise versa. But by law in all 50 states, whom ever the father may be, he is responsible for aiding in raising that child. I wish you the best, its going to be a long road.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page