anyone else having a bad hormonal day? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-11-2005, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today has been a really sucky day! I have hormones from hell for the first time this pregnancy and cried for a good part of the afternoon. Just when things seem to go good something bad always seems to happen. So far the little one is going fine (YEAH!), but things elsewhere are a mess.

Stupid typical things like cars and money that seemed to be figured out but now arent. And of course stupid me I went to the mall this morning and walked my butt off and was super tired when I got home (At 9:45 this morning!). My mom called and I cried on the phone to her about all the crap going on with the car, how I was tired etc, and first thing out of her mouth in a not so pleasant tone was "your not pregnant are you?!" (she doesnt know yet) So yeah not what I needed. We want to wait to tell our parents after the ultrasound and right around the time our money situation was supposed to be getting better so it wouldnt be such a big deal. (well who knows when the money will be getting better- our stupid refinance is turning into hell!) I just cried, I just know telling them is going to turn our happiness into this big burden. I want them to be happy, to celebrate with us and not make this little one feel like its a burden and not the right time etc. I know my mom will eventually be excited and will be there for me, but I know she isnt going to make it easy. I dont ever want this little one to feel like it was a mistake or a surprise, I want to enjoy my pregnancy....yet I cant seem to

Sooo yeah...bad hormonal day. Thanks for letting me vent. Hopefully you al have had a better day then me
#2 of 5 Old 10-12-2005, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Things will get better - I promise I had a day like that the other day, too. Just remember that it is exhaustion, too! Our bodies are working very very hard right now, but this too shall pass. When I start feeling overwhelmed (we have some $$ issues and others, as well) I start thinking about the precious baby growing in me, and I tell myself to be strong for him/ her. And for my ds as well.....Hugs to you mama!

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#3 of 5 Old 10-12-2005, 12:27 PM

I've been horrible to live with lately. DD fought bedtimes and naptimes for the past two days and I actually yelled at her yesterday for not sleeping. She cried, I cried, I felt like a tiny sorry excuse for a human being. I feel so awful about that. It wasn't her fault, and I went into her room with the intent of NOT yelling but it just came out all at once. I fought with DH yesterday over absolutely nothing... the way he said something, the way he looked at me when he said it, who knows. I have very little control over my emotions and it can be plain scary sometimes. If I can't control the emotions at least I need to get better at counting to 10 and just letting the steam out instead of taking it out on loved ones!! And it's not just anger that is amplified... I cry more, I laugh hysterically over nothing, I feel so happy sometimes I could just bust and then a minute later I'm sobbing at a love song on the radio. I feel everything more strongly and have a harder time explaining why I feel that way.

so (((hugs))) I understand, and I do remember that it gets better and the first tri is the worst for the emotional roller coaster.
#4 of 5 Old 10-12-2005, 04:12 PM

sorry guys. hope you feel better. hormones are a pain. do you know i almost cried because i wanted olive garden salad so badly day before yesterday and my dh laughed at me. now, really did i want to go to olive garden at 8 pm? well, no, but he didn't have to laugh at me like i was being totally unreasonable.....

and we won't even talk about the lady at baja fresh that i wanted to hit because i was waiting in line but she said i was standing in the wrong place so she took the person who had just come and made me start all over again in line. :

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#5 of 5 Old 10-12-2005, 08:28 PM

Quote:
and we won't even talk about the lady at baja fresh that i wanted to hit because i was waiting in line but she said i was standing in the wrong place so she took the person who had just come and made me start all over again in line.
:LOL I commute 45 miles each way to school 3x/wk, and I've been noticing a steady increase in the amount of road rage that I have. I've been driving like a freakin' maniac! Oh, sure, I'm afraid to eat soy because of phytoestrogens, but hey, driving 20 mph over the limit, that's just a-ok!

I also have a growing list of songs I'm not allowed to play on my ipod because of uncontrollable crying issues...hee hee!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page