First professional visit yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-13-2005, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many of you have already seen the doctor/midwife? How many are waiting? Just curious if I'm the odd one of not.

With DS I went at 8 weeks, did the blood work for the doctor then didn't make an apointment with my midwife till I was well into my second trimester. That's probably the way it will go again.

Luckily midwife said she doesn't need to see me unitl 16 weeks.

Mom of 3 (Evan, Trey, Saffron ) Blogs at findingsummer.com
#2 of 11 Old 10-13-2005, 05:53 PM

I already met with my midwife and have a second meeting on the 1st of Nov. I am going to be moving out of state and will have a lag time while trying to find a midwife out there so I figured why not see my old one here.
#3 of 11 Old 10-13-2005, 07:43 PM

I have seen my doc. I met with her last week to talk about a cyst I have. I had a u/s done today to look at that cyst. all is well. it's a small one.

B

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#4 of 11 Old 10-13-2005, 07:57 PM

I had my first meeting with my midwife today, but it was just the get-to-know-you meeting. I don't have my first 'real' appt. with her for another month. I liked her and her assistant though. I think I will be in good hands.
#5 of 11 Old 10-13-2005, 08:06 PM

I am waiting for my insurance referal number which probably won't get here for another week then I can make an appointment. I plan on waiting until around 11 or 12 weeks when we can hear a heartbeat.
#6 of 11 Old 10-13-2005, 08:12 PM

i'm waiting til the first trimester hurtle...

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#7 of 11 Old 10-13-2005, 10:59 PM

I saw my new ob on Tuesday. She was very cool, and has a very midwifey outlook. During the exam she found that I have a tipped uterus (who knew?) which is no big deal, but she wanted to do an ultrasound to check stuff out and get the 'lay of the land.' So I got to see the yolk sac! I'm not even quite 5 weeks yet, so no embryo yet. I was glad, this is my first, and I'm still don't quite believe it's real yet.

I also got SIX vials of blood drawn (blah!) to get screened for all kinds of stuff (thyroid issues, cystic fibrosis, HIV, and a slew of others). And I had to pee in a cup TWICE.

But all in all, I feel better and sort of more "officially" pregnant having gone. Is that weird? I go back every four weeks for while I guess. I kind of like it - like to make sure things are going ok and everything's on track. And I have a zillion questions to ask her, so it just puts my mind at ease.

I'm sure by the time I have my next baby I'll wait a lot longer to go!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#8 of 11 Old 10-14-2005, 12:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I had my first OB appt at 3w6d, AF wasn't even late yet! :LOL I didn't have a choice though, had to get my Lovenox script. My next appt is the 27th at 7 weeks for an u/s to check for a and see how many we got this time.

Seriously?
#9 of 11 Old 10-14-2005, 01:08 AM

I go for the first time on the 25th, when I'll be 7 weeks along? That is to see the nurse practitioner and get blood drawn and yada yada. I see the OB at 9 weeks on November 11. I hope she can hear a heartbeat then!
#10 of 11 Old 10-14-2005, 02:52 PM

i go see my midwife on october 27 i'll be about 8 weeks. I got the same midwife..who i LOVE ..as i had for ds2.

julia
#11 of 11 Old 10-14-2005, 05:10 PM

I'm interviewing several midwives next week. My GYN's office called the other day and asked who my OB was so they could pass along my records, and I got all freaked out that I didn't have a plan in place, but then I thought "I'm 5 weeks and change, what the heck would anyone exactly DO for me in the first trimester anyway?" I am in general good health and take vitamins and eat well.

My GYN already ran my rubella and CF screen as part of pre-conception bloodwork, and I know my blood type. So maybe I could use a blood count/anemia screen and a pee test? What's typical for first tri appointments for first-time pregnancies? Of course I would love to hear a heartbeat, but I am betting I'm early for that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page