Are you finding out the sex of the babe? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-28-2005, 02:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
brendamr--i found that when i found out with my ds i didn't quite believe it. i still didn't buy anything that screamed boy--kept the nursery a nuetral yellow and green with baby animals (not that he ever sleeps in there.... but darn it, it looks good!) and bought nuetral colored sleepers as well. so i guess if we have a boy or a girl next, i can reuse some of the clothes

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2005, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Paddington - I think I might be like you. If the pics saying we're having a boy, it may take me a while to accept that reality. It's not that I particulalrly want a girl, it's just that I've never been able to imagine having a boy. It took me a while, but I finally decided it was because I was always trying to picture raising my child(ren) alone, and how would I know what to do with a boy? Even after marrying DH, that particular block hasn't completely dissolved. I try to remind myself that it's extremely unlikely that I'll ever be a single mom, but since that was my experience, it's all I can reference. Odd, no?

Luckily, DH isn't offended, he just laughs it off and tries to be reassuring. I have to say, if we are gifted with a boy, DH is so in charge of explaining stand-up peeing.

User Tag List